Lack of sugar = lack of energy? Please help!!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Lack of sugar = lack of energy? Please help!!!

This topic contains 19 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

xLittlexRachx
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 7

Hi all,

I hope everyone’s diet is going well!

I’ve been on the diet now for almost four weeks (the strict diet). I skipped the cleanse that is suggested because I just couldn’t handle it! I had a couple of colonics which made a world of difference actually!

However, I am now experiencing symptoms of having low blood sugar levels i.e. the shakes and weakness etc… If on the diet we are not consuming sugar or products that are broken down into a significant amount of sugar to help our bodies convert this to energy, where are we getting our energy from?

There must be a simple answer to this but for now, I remain puzzled! Please could somebody advise?

Many thanks and best wishes,

xRachx

Downtown
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 39

xLittlexRachx,

I’ve been on the diet now for almost four weeks (the strict diet). I skipped the cleanse that is suggested because I just couldn’t handle it! I had a couple of colonics which made a world of difference actually!

Have you added any items back in? Or tried any of the test foods yet?

However, I am now experiencing symptoms of having low blood sugar levels i.e. the shakes and weakness etc… If on the diet we are not consuming sugar or products that are broken down into a significant amount of sugar to help our bodies convert this to energy, where are we getting our energy from?

There must be a simple answer to this but for now, I remain puzzled! Please could somebody advise?

Carbs, fats, and sugar are all broken down into glucose eventually. Simple carbs and sugar get into the blood much faster. Complex carbs and fat get broken over more time. Part of the reason coconut oil is good for this diet, other than being antifungal and not feeding candida, is that it contains lots of good fats that your body breaks down into energy. Even the vegetables contain small amounts of sugar for energy. If you havent been eating much coconut oil, up your intake and see if it helps. Avocado is also a good source of energy. Just be careful and dont let these symptoms get worse.

Good luck,
    DT

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi Rach,

I’m afraid I don’t the scientific bit… I just know how my body responded at each stage of the diet! And I would never have relied on sugar or carbs for my energy levels… but good fats & proteins. Yes, right at the beginning my body needed to adjust with the lack of any carb, caffiene etc but at 4 weeks you should be well adjusted to that. So are you eating enough fat & protein? Coconut oil, olive oil, oily fish, avocado, organic eggs, organic chicken, greek yoghurt… are you having enough of each of these? Do uou

If you give us a run down of what you eat each day then maybe we’ll spot how you can adjust things to give you more energy?

Lucy

xLittlexRachx

Thanks guys,

I have a feeling I’m not eating enough…

I’m only eating two meals a day due to my heavy sleeping patterns.

For breakfast, I have buckwheat pancakes usually, with stevia and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Before I eat I have a warm mug of water and then I’ll have a pint of water with the pancakes as I have to take SO many tablets!!!

Then for dinner, I have a piece of meat (not pork), grilled or wild salmon grilled with veggies… usually two lots like leeks and broccoli or celeriac and leek mash, green beans, asparagus. Alternatively, I have been making the curry recipes on the website and will have these with brown rice or quinoa.

xRachx

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Your body can use triglycerides (stored fat), which is composed of glycerol and three fatty acids, as a source of energy. Glycerol can be converted to glucose in the liver, and glucose is what fuels your cells. This is why people lose a lot of weight on low-carb diets, and also why low calorie snack bars and other dieting junk packed full of carbs is laughable.

When you eat carbs, your body uses the glucose from their breakdown for energy and stores all the fat from your food until the glucose supply runs out. When it does run out, you usually get hungry or feel hypoglycaemic and reach for the potatoes and cookies, so there’s little opportunity to burn any fat.

The cooking-reaching desire can stay with you long after starting the diet until you can adjust mentally and physically to using a different source of energy. Try eating regularly to keep your blood sugar constant. Small meals every 2-3 hours rather than three big ones is preferable. Don’t be afraid to use more fat than usual too, as long as it’s a healthy kind. Flax, hemp and fish oils are good options in addition to olive and coconut. It’s a good idea to make sure you’re at least meeting the GDA of protein, if not slightly exceeding it, since muscle can be burned as a source of energy too, which isn’t something you want happening.

Lucylu

I agree, it doesn’t look like you’re eating nearly enough to give you energy. You really need to have a protein hit for breakfast – what Buckwheat pancake recipe are you using? Also which diet are you following? Brown rice, Quinoi & green beans aren’t allowed on the forum diet… so that’s maybe why you’re net seeing the progress you’d like to? You’re feeding your candida with those items. Just to give you an idea of what I eat (38yr old female, 5ft 9in, 9stone):-

Breakfast – 2 large (or 3 med) organic eggs on oatbran/ coconut or buckwheat bread with coconut oil
    Early lunch – tin of sardines or wild salmon with a small avocado and mixed leaves
    Late lunch – large bowl of homemade veggie soup
    Dinner – organic chicken, organic turkey mince or wild fish (in rotation) with 3 or 4 different types of veg (either steamed or sauteed/ baked in coconut oil)
    Drinks – lemon in hot water, turmeric tea
    Snacks – Kefir, buckwheat crispbread with coconut oil

Have a look through the other posts on the forum about peoples diets and you’ll get some more ideas. But in terms of your energy, you should look at the quanitity as well as variety you’re consuming.

L

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Lucylu wrote: Brown rice, Quinoi & green beans aren’t allowed on the forum diet…

Green beans are on the allowed list! The long, fresh vegetable kind (in case you’re thinking of dried beans or something). I have them almost every day lol.

Lucylu

Oh, sorry! I’ve been avoiding them as I would have considered them as being like sugar snap peas of the like. I might add them in so… they’d certainly be handy out of the freezer & steamed.

xLittlexRachx

Thanks guys.

Should I ignore the website completely then?

On the website, quinoa and brown rice are allowed…

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Brown rice works for some people, though in moderate portions. Like with dairy: it might be good for some and probiotic and all, but it is a brick in my stomach, so i avoid it. Listen to your body.

xLittlexRachx

I don’t get any bad effects from eating dairy or brown rice/quinoa.

The only symptoms I have of having candida albicans is fatigue, gas (which has improved considerably) and reactions when I have acidic foods – which I haven’t been having on the diet – apart from lemon.

I’m so confuzzled!!!

Lucylu

Don’t worry we’re all still a little confuzzled!! My advice would be to stick to the forum diet (which is much stricter) for a number of weeks until you’ve been 100% symptom free for a while. Then introduce the other foods 1 by 1 as test items. Then you know for sure whats causing which reaction. A lot of the symptoms you’re associating with your ME may well be Candida related too and only this way you can tell.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Lucylu wrote: Oh, sorry! I’ve been avoiding them as I would have considered them as being like sugar snap peas of the like. I might add them in so… they’d certainly be handy out of the freezer & steamed.

Hi, Luce.
    Just so you’ll know FFR, you can usually look at the GI of vegetables to see which are more likely to provide food for the little ‘nasties’ – for example. The glycemic index of green peas is around 40-45 whereas green or ‘string’ beans have a GI of only 1 to 3.

“Abe”

Lucylu

Superb thanks Abe! I’ve looked a few of them up but for some reason had string beans on the same naughty list as snap peas in my head. String bean stew for dinner then, eh?!

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Rach,
    I am also experiencing the same problems. My body is very weak and shaky, this is even with me constantly eating. I am assuming it is a dieing off thing for me personally since it also occurs with light headiness, dizzy spells, upset stomach, and really bad headaches. Are you taking molybdenum? It is suppose to help with dieing off reactions. But I do agree with you that yours might be because of the lack of food. I hope it gets better for you. 😀
    Lauren

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Lack of sugar = lack of energy? Please help!!!’ is closed to new replies.