L-Glutamine – Does it feed candida or kill candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions L-Glutamine – Does it feed candida or kill candida?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  texan 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

BMR777
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi Everyone,

I’m trying to figure out if L-Glutamine is good or bad to take while fighting candida. I have read reports that it feeds candida, but I have also read reports that it kills it. There is a lot of conflicting information about L-Glutamine and I am trying to determine if I should be taking it at the same time as antifungals.

Anyone have any experience or references as to whether L-Glutamine feeds candida, kills it, or is neutral to candida?

Thanks!

texan
    Participant
    Replies: 40

Hi BMR777. Lisa and Dr Eric actually recommend L-glutamine in their book, as a useful supplement to repair the intestinal lining.

Intestinal permeability (“leaky gut syndrome”) is often associated with Candida overgrowth. When Candida albicans changes to a fungus, it grows filaments named hyphae. These can damage the intestinal walls and allow particles to escape into the bloodstream, which in turn causes things like food allergies.

Anyway, there are a few different things you can take to repair the lining of your gut. Glutamine is one; cabbage juice and slippery elm are two others. Bone broth is also an awesome choice.

I don’t see how glutamine could ever ‘feed’ Candida. It seems like it would be a good choice for most people with a longstanding Candida problem.

BMR777
    Participant
    Replies: 1

Thanks Texan. Do you know if it can begin healing leaky gut while still fighting the candida, or is it best used after stopping antifungals? I’m wondering if the hyphae are not removed first, will the glutamine help at all?

texan
    Participant
    Replies: 40

Yes, I believe that glutamine can help at all stages of treatment and recovery 🙂

The sooner that you start reducing inflammation in your gut and repairing the intestinal walls, the sooner you will start to feel better!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘L-Glutamine – Does it feed candida or kill candida?’ is closed to new replies.