Kudzu – reducing sugar cravings

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Kudzu – reducing sugar cravings

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Frankshank 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Frankshank
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 16

I searched for a post about Kudzu and found nothing. I’ve had some Kudzu in my supplement cabinet for a while as I was going to give it to a friend to help him stave off his need for alcohol. It’s also good for sugar cravings as well apparently. I could kill for a beer and a chocolate bar right now so I’m going to test it. I’ll let you know!

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

I am no expert on Kudzu, I know the root is a hangover cure and that its something to avoid if your a diabitic. Its a starch and probely should be avoided for candida treatment.

check out this interesting article.

So what does Kudzu have to do with ethanol? Simply, due to the starch (sugar) content, kudzu can be used to replace corn to make ethanol. Will kudzu take the place of food ingredients being used to make ethanol? A resounding “Yes!” is stated by Mr. Doug Mizell, co-founder of Agro*Gas Industries in Cleveland, Tennessee. Mizell and company co-founder, Tom Monahan, have dubbed the kudzu-based-ethanol, “Kudzunol.” Kudzu is an obvious resource: “There’s 7.2 million acres of kudzu in the south that’s absolutely good to no one,” said Mizell. “It grows a foot a day, 60 feet a season and can be harvested twice a year and not even hurt the stand.”

All the kudzu plant is used after harvesting, no part goes wasted.
    http://chemicallygreen.com/kudzu-ethanol/

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi Frank,

You’re right, I don’t think it’s been discussed on this forum as there’s no obvious link to candida (as far as I know).

BUT I also have a tub in my cupboard so I’ll be interested to see the responses! Before I discovered I had Candida I was getting serious alcohol cravings so used Kudzu to gaurd them off… and it worked! Needless to say as soon as I was diagnosed and started researching candida I was hugely relieved to see alcohol cravings as a candida symptom… and not that I had developed any kind of physical dependency! As soon as I started the diet I didn’t touch a drink for weeks, no problem at all.

Lucy

Frankshank

Fair point Marbro. Kudzu can be used to curb sugar cravings (http://www.livestrong.com/article/122290-herbs-sugar-cravings/) but it’s probably not a good idea to incorporate it into an anti candida diet.

Frankshank

Hi Lucy. I found a recipe page and it advised not to use Kudzu during the early stages of an anti candida diet. It’s all guesswork without studies though. If there is a chance of it lengthening the time it takes to heal the body I guess it’s probably best avoided though.

Lots of people think taking Kudzu is a great way to take away their need for alcohol so anyone reading this should consider taking it prior to starting an anti candida diet full throttle if they’re struggling to give up the booze.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kudzu – reducing sugar cravings’ is closed to new replies.