Kombucha..yes or no?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Kombucha..yes or no?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  approximately_me 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wonderlover
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 22

is kombucha beneficial or detrimental to candida sufferers? I love it and figure the probiotics are good for our gut but dont wanna feed any bad bugs.

anyone use it?

http://synergydrinks.com/index.php/products#enlightened-kombucha/enlightened-kombucha-gingerade

I see it has S. Boulardii by 1 billion organisms!

bowieg
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 9

I was confused about what to take and eat for awhile, and probably still am, because my Chinese medicine doctor (who is German actually) told me to lay off of dairy, wheat and sugar, but I had been taking plain yogurt for the probiotics. Then I started to eat sauerkraut and kombucha, but then I read online that anyone with candidiasis has to also lay off of fermented foods. So, I guess the only probiotic-containing thing I can consume are the probiotic capsules?? I don’t know. But I have a few bottles of kombucha in my fridge now that I am afraid to consume. Also bags of sauerkraut that will just sit there until I think I am rid of the candida.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

wonderlover;50773 wrote: is kombucha beneficial or detrimental to candida sufferers? I love it and figure the probiotics are good for our gut but dont wanna feed any bad bugs.

anyone use it?

http://synergydrinks.com/index.php/products#enlightened-kombucha/enlightened-kombucha-gingerade

I see it has S. Boulardii by 1 billion organisms!

Kombucha is great, as long as the sugar is relatively low. I’ve seen bottles with as little as 4 grams of sugar (GT’s) and as high as 30 grams.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

The problem with Kombucha is that the yeast and bacteria in the SCOBY may include Candida stellata, and possibly even Candida albicans. As you can imagine, if you are suffering from a yeast overgrowth then drinking live yeast products is probably not a good idea! SCOBY actually stands for Symbiotic Culture Of Bacteria & YEAST. You’d be better to stick to probiotic yogurt or kefir in my opinion..

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

Not all yeasts benefit candida. Many, in fact, will out compete Candida and benefit your health. Also, kefirs will also sometimes contain candida in them.

Your goal is to reestablish a healthy gut flora, and kombucha (as with sauerkraut and kefirs) will help you do that because it provides a healthy array of microbes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kombucha..yes or no?’ is closed to new replies.