Kombucha Tea and Sauerkraut

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Kombucha Tea and Sauerkraut

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Danny33 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

andrewmezzo
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 17

So about three days ago I went to my local Whole Foods Market and bought myself some Synergy GT Organic Kombucha Tea with S.boulardii yeast and some other bacteria. At this point ive pretty much got my candida overgrowth under control, but I still have some symptoms like itchy skin and a little constipation. My understanding is that since Kombucha tea has beneficial yeast it would be okay to drink it, but ive read on the internet otherwise. Would it be okay to drink Kombucha Tea?

I have also been taking some lemongrass tea and pau d’arco tea every morning with a few forkfuls of Bubbie Raw Sauerkraut with Live Cultures every morning as well. And before i go to bed i take one tablespoon of Extra virgin organic Coconut oil.

Id like some feedback on my regimen and if I should make any adjustments to it.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

andrewmezzo;56958 wrote: So about three days ago I went to my local Whole Foods Market and bought myself some Synergy GT Organic Kombucha Tea with S.boulardii yeast and some other bacteria. At this point ive pretty much got my candida overgrowth under control, but I still have some symptoms like itchy skin and a little constipation. My understanding is that since Kombucha tea has beneficial yeast it would be okay to drink it, but ive read on the internet otherwise. Would it be okay to drink Kombucha Tea?

I have also been taking some lemongrass tea and pau d’arco tea every morning with a few forkfuls of Bubbie Raw Sauerkraut with Live Cultures every morning as well. And before i go to bed i take one tablespoon of Extra virgin organic Coconut oil.

Andrew,

Boulardii is awesome for those who are not yeast sensitive.

If you believe you’ve conquered your candida then it sounds like you need to rebuild your flora.
    You may want to drop the Lemongrass and Pau Darco, they will hinder growth of good bacteria.

I would recommend drinking as much kombucha as you want and considered making homemade Sauerkraut instead of buying it. Companies that sell raw fermented veggies like sauerkraut carefully select strains of safe bacteria. This is fine but the flora from Bubbie’s will likely be temporary in the gut (similar to yogurt cultures). Making homemade vegetable ferments can re-inoculate the intestines with persistent and permanent beneficial bacteria.

Also, don’t forget being overly hygienic will slow the healing process. Drop the bleach, hand sanitizer, and anti-microbial soaps. We are surrounded by mostly healthy bacteria, pathogenic is rare.

-D

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Danny33;56964 wrote: Also, don’t forget being overly hygienic will slow the healing process. Drop the bleach, hand sanitizer, and anti-microbial soaps. We are surrounded by mostly healthy bacteria, pathogenic is rare.

Very good advice, Danny!

If I may add my personal conviction: we even need pathogenic bacteria, if only for the purpose of training our immune system.

For example, if I’ve been working in the garden and afterward I find I haven’t cleaned my fingers so that some dark spot remains, where some dust and soil still sticks to my fingers, I have no problem scraping such a spot against my teeth to rub the dirt off. Yes, I am eating who-knows-which bacteria, maybe even some snail eggs.

A girlfriend has the same attitude. When she cut her arm on a thorn, she cleaned the blood and the wound with water from a natural pond – a pond where birds are swimming (and pooping), where algae thrive, and so on.

When I have a skin wound, sometimes I see whitish-yellowish slimey material coming out – or not coming out but staying in the wounded area. That is no reason to use iodine or some antiseptive. It means that a war is going on between malevolent bacteria and my white blood cells. I just keep an eye on it to make sure my white blood cells are winning – which they always do.

I do not recommend following my actions if you’ve never done so before, because your immune system may be too weak yet. I do recommend gradually moving in this direction. A lack of hygiene is very healthy!

Addition:

I do not recommend such actions if you are in a different region. For example, when I travel far abroad, I do not “eat dirt” and I do not wash wounds with lake water. That’s because my immune system is very strong, but it has never encountered those foreign bacteria, so it has never had a chance to be trained against those unknown enemies.

So instead of the usual “do not try this at home”, my advice is: only try this at home!

Danny33

Floggi,

I believe this is the most over-looked issue when healing dysbiosis.

I think a lot of your actions are very healthy, especially gardening.
    You are exposed to hundreds of species of beneficial soil bacteria, some of which can repopulate the gut.
    Those without outdoor allergies can benefit from gardening, fishing, kissing their dog that digs, shaking hands, kissing healthy people.

Purell, Clorox, etc. would love for you to believe that killing 99.99% of germs is a good thing. Those with candida, dysbiosis, etc. should well know how important bacteria is for our health.

-D

andrewmezzo
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 17

Danny33;56964 wrote:

So about three days ago I went to my local Whole Foods Market and bought myself some Synergy GT Organic Kombucha Tea with S.boulardii yeast and some other bacteria. At this point ive pretty much got my candida overgrowth under control, but I still have some symptoms like itchy skin and a little constipation. My understanding is that since Kombucha tea has beneficial yeast it would be okay to drink it, but ive read on the internet otherwise. Would it be okay to drink Kombucha Tea?

Andrew,

Boulardii is awesome for those who are not yeast sensitive.

If you believe you’ve conquered your candida then it sounds like you need to rebuild your flora.
    You may want to drop the Lemongrass and Pau Darco, they will hinder growth of good bacteria.

I would recommend drinking as much kombucha as you want and considered making homemade Sauerkraut instead of buying it. Companies that sell raw fermented veggies like sauerkraut carefully select strains of safe bacteria. This is fine but the flora from Bubbie’s will likely be temporary in the gut (similar to yogurt cultures). Making homemade vegetable ferments can re-inoculate the intestines with persistent and permanent beneficial bacteria.

Also, don’t forget being overly hygienic will slow the healing process. Drop the bleach, hand sanitizer, and anti-microbial soaps. We are surrounded by mostly healthy bacteria, pathogenic is rare.

-D

Hello Danny thanks for your feedback! But when you say to drop the Pau d’arco and Lemongrass tea do you mean to stop drinking it completely or just in smaller amounts/less frequently? My Candida symptoms have GREATLY reduced over these past three months but I still have some GI and skin issues. Should I just let the probiotics from the sauerkraut and kombucha take care of the job or should I still be taking antifungals at different parts of the day? I heard somewhere on the internet that this should be the way to do it…

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/probiotics-and-antifungals.htm

Also, you didn’t mention anything about the coconut oil that I am currently taking, should I keep taking 1tbsp before bed every night considering you recommended I drop the pau d’arco and Lemongrass?

Danny33

Andrew,

It would make sense to me when re-building ones intestinal flora that they minimize the intake of strong anti-microbials.

With that said, do you feel you are still benefiting from PD and Lemongrass?
    If yes, then continue or simply reduce your intake. If you feel like they’ve done their job then just stop drinking them. It’s really your call. I’m not a fan of most anti-microbials unless you’re clearly seeing benefits from them.

Continue with your cultured foods (Bucha, Kraut) and consider fermenting veggies (e.g. Homemade Sauerkraut, Pickles, etc.). It will take some time to re-build damaged flora but its very possible with diet and lifestyle changes.

Coconut oil is great, I simply cook with it.

-D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kombucha Tea and Sauerkraut’ is closed to new replies.