Kombucha?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tsunny 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

I am interested if homemade Kombucha can stand up to a drink like homemade Kefir.

I made my own Kombucha a few years ago and loved it. I drank it every day and even though this never cured my candida(didn’t know what I had then) it seem to make immune system very strong. My girl friend got sick many times during the winter and never got one sniffle for the whole year that I drank it.

The main reason I ask is because Kombucha IS RIDICULOUSLY cheap to make!!!
    I was making gallons of Kombucha for quarters, literally.

Kombucha bacteria makes Lactic acid, acetic acid and Glucuronic acid which in theory would be great for the intestinal environment.

Thanks all.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

I’m interested in this. What is kombocha? Where do I get it and how do I make it?

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Kombucha is fermented sweet tea (the sugar feeds the bacteria and yeast, and it will eat all of the sugar so the end product is mostly sugar free)

First I would recommend just tasting a bottle of kombucha from a health food store to make sure you like it. its usually around 3.00-4.00$ a bottle (8oz). They have “Earth Fare” and “Whole Foods” grocery stores where I live, plenty of ferments to choose there.

Its a taste that your tongue has never tasted I promise. I bit unusual but very satisfying.

To make it you just pour a recently bought bottle and pour it into a big jar of sweet tea, after a few weeks it forms a “mushroom” that grows and last forever similar to kefir grains…..

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

Oh that’s cool. I don’t have a whole foods though. I only go there very rarely cuz its an hr drive there & back.

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

I was just at my local health food store where they had a cooler display full of kombucha with different varieties (brands & flavors). I too was wondering about it because it seems like a good thing for us candida sufferers. Haven’t had time to research it though, but I will and look for responses from the experts on here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kombucha?’ is closed to new replies.