Kill off without the cleanse???

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Kill off without the cleanse???

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gettinhealthy 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

gettinhealthy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

Hi, I’m totally new to the Candida diet, and also new to this forum.

I have one question: will I be able to successfully kill off all candida and yeast overgrowth if I just start with the diet and don’t do the cleanse? I can’t do the cleanse because of adrenal fatigue and borderline low thyroid. The cleanse will be to tough on my system.

Thanks!

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Yes.

And remember, you can’t kill all the candida. You want to get them to their lowest levels possible so your body can heal and build up its natural defense system (your gut flora). You do this by starving it with the diet, killing it with antifungals to get it to its lowest levels possible, all while you try to build up your immune system by taking vitamins, and restoring balance to your gut flora by taking probiotic pills and homemade kefir. Your healthyl gut flora is what keeps Candida at normal levels in your body.

A cleanse would speed up the beginning phase, but not necessary at all.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The cleanse only helps create a beneficial environment for recovery and doesn’t even come close to killing many or all of the candida in the body.

-raster

gettinhealthy

Thanks so much for the replies! I have been on a diet of veggies, fruit, meat, cheese, and nuts, and NO sugar, grains, caffeine, chocolate, milk, or anything high on the glycemic index for almost a year now because of health issues. My health has icreased a lot, but the symptoms come back when I go back to the diet I had before (of cereal, sandwiches, pasta, white potatoes and corn dinners, etc.).
    I do have one remaining symptom however: fatigue, that makes me feel lethargic and sluggish all the time. I can’t do any hard core exercise, and I need so much sleep. I have trouble working more than a few hours a week, and I cannot do any of my studdies.
    My test results show a border line low thyroid and my Dr. diagnosed me with adrenal fatigue and put me on the protocol of a healthy diet and supplements. Within the first two months of the diet and supplements, I felt a tremendously better. But since then, my energy level has not changed at all, for better or worse. My last Dr. visit we talked more, and my Dr. believes I could have digestive issues: Candida, or possibly parasites or not enough digestive enzymes. I have doubts of my issues being caused by parasites, and can’t candida cause your body to not produce enough enzymes?
    I could do a $400 stool test and wait 20 days for results, but I decided to just go ahead and do a candida kill off for any overgrowth of yeast. What could it hurt? I have had this thought that has been in the back of my mind for a long time: I could have killed quite a bit of the Candida with the diet greatly reduced in carbs, sugar, caffeine, etc., but there could still be an overgrowth that I can’t diminish when I’m eating dairy, fruit, nuts, dairy, beans,
    minor ammounts of honey, and more dairy.

I believe I am the perfect “victim” for Candida overgrowth.
    1. I have had many antibiotics in my life, for ear infections and strep throat, a few of the medications given back to back.
    2. I didn’t have the ideal diet, with sugary cereal, lots of bread, crackers, peanut butter and jelly to the max, white potatoes, pasta, pancakes and waffles being the norm, not to mention the daily desert and unhealthy snacks.
    4. Spikey blood sugar and Celiac runs in the family.

These were my symptoms a year ago: Fatigue, sleeplessness, painful sinuses, post nasel drip, monthly colds, bad breath, uncomfortable foul tasting burps, some acid reflux, aching muscels, aching knee joints, gas, bloating, loud stomach, heart palpitations, anxiety, mild depression, and headaches (was a HUGE one).
    Now all I have is the lingering fatigue, although my stomach already feels flatter from just 3 days off of dairy, fruit, nuts, etc. so it’s possible I’ve always been slightly bloated and didn’t know it?
    Anyways, that’s my huge story. If anyone thinks having ONLY FATIGUE isn’t a big enough symptom for Candida, please let me know! Thanks:)

raster
    Participant

Sounds like your symptoms are tied to candida; the ones that stick out include heart palpitations, sinus issues, achiness, anxiety, and headaches. Headaches are tied to inflammation of the gut, and the gut gets inflamed by parasites and candida.

It sounds like you have a decent naturopath and I would listen to him.

Most people who have a candida overgrowth also have a parasite imbalance as well; remember if you have taken antibiotics, you destroyed your beneficial bacteria that keep both of these at bay.

There are 1000’s of parasites so I would not discount the fact that you have them; we all have them like candida, but just at different levels. They likely found a good host like the candida.
    Candida is a a parasite as well.

It sounds like you had a ton more symptoms more than fatigue before your journey to health and you would likely get them all if you ate the same diet as before.

Fatigue is one of my main symptoms now after being on the diet for over a year and its getting better to the point where it is pretty much not an issue right now. I get more a fatigue as I cheat more.

-raster

gettinhealthy

Thank you for your response. If I do happen to have parasites other than Candida, do you believe I could get rid of them with the diet, probiotic, and anti-fungals? I’d rather not take an antibiotic to kill off parasites, I prefer more natural forms of healing.

I also have some questions about the diet: 1. is lemon juice alloud in stage one? Everything on the internet is controversal: some say the Candida feed off of it, others say it helps rid of them, as it is cleansing. 2. Would you recomend staying away from coconut flour in stage 1?

Thanks for your opinion and time!

raster
    Participant

Hello gettinghealthy,

Probiotics, antifungals, and aiding your digestion all kill and reduce parasite and candida’s numbers; killing parasites is exactly the same process as killing candida…you just have to use specific antifungals that kill parasites as well as candida. One that I use regularly is black walnut/chamae rose extract and it does a great job keeping both at bay.

You need to reduce the inflammation and create a beneficial environment for your gut flora to thrive, this is the best way to heal in my opinion.

Lemon juice should bring more benefit than detriment on any stage.

Coconut flour should be fine as long as you are not allergic to it or get a leaky gut reaction.

-raster

gettinhealthy

You are awesome, thank you!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kill off without the cleanse???’ is closed to new replies.