Key Lime Pudding

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Mykoza 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

AnnieLuc
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 16

I like this one a lot!

Key Lime Pudding

1 Ripe Avocado
    1/4 C cucumber (peeled & chopped)
    1Tbl Coconut oil
    The juice of 1 small lime
    1 Packet stevia
    2 Tbl water or unsweetened coconut milk

Put all ingredients in small food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
    Refrigerate for about an hour.
    Adding some toasted coconut sprinkled on top is good too.
    You can adjust the amount of lime juice & stevia to your preference
    Makes 2 servings.

Mykoza
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 32

Hi Annie
    Your puding is truly spectacular. It’s very tasty! I made it 4 days ago and it’s still fresh. I eat it for breakfast with coconut cookies (the recipe for cookies from this forum). Delish and filling!

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Great picture Mykoza gonna eat after seeing that.

Mind posting the link to the cookies I wasn’t sure which one it was..

Thanks!

AnnieLuc

Those cookies look great!! Yes, please let us know the link.
    I’m glad you like the pudding 🙂
    I never thought about having it for breakfast, what a great idea!

Mykoza

Hello Candida-fighters!
    I am glad you enjoy my pictures. They are worth a thousand words, anyway.. true? 🙂

I realized that I didn’t really remember where I’d gotten the cookie recipe. That’s why I am posting it here for everyone to see. Enjoy!

Vanilla Coconut Flour Cookies ~ Grain & Sugar Free

Nothing inspires me like a new ingredient! We finally found coconut flour locally, and we have been working on a new recipe each week, using coconut flour. Vanilla Coconut Flour Cookies ~ Grain & Sugar Free are the easiest thing to make ever, quickly becoming a vital staple in a gluten free, casein free, truly low carb, zero sugar, GAPS friendly, Paleo/Primal without the worldview, diet! Vanilla Coconut Flour Cookies ~ Grain & Sugar Free are packed with protein and fiber, and fills you up with a small amount, making it both healthy and yummy!

When you first start working with coconut flour, it is a little different. Realizing that helps you begin to take recipes and customize them to fit your tastes. So first, a couple of ground rules to help you be more successful.

1. Coconut flour is very dense. You will use far less than you would with regular wheat flour, or other gluten free flours.
    2. Coconut flour absorbs moisture very fast. You may need more liquid in the recipe you are using
    3. Coconut flour is very versatile and has a great flavor range. As you use it, you will begin to experiment and discover what you can do with it.
    4. Coconut flour should be stored in an air tight container, in the fridge
    5. Be bold, experiment, come up with new ways to use it and recipes, all of us GF people will celebrate with you!
    Now on to our happy Vanilla Coconut Flour Cookies ~ Grain & Sugar Free recipe.

Dry Ingredients
    • 3/4 cup coconut flour
    • 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
    Mix well, set aside.

Wet Ingredients

• 1/2 cup melted butter, or for totally casein free – use Virgin Coconut Oil or even half cup EVOO
    • 1 cup coconut milk (can use any CF milk, almond, etc.)
    • 6 eggs, preferably free range and organic
    • 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
    • 2-3 dropperfuls of Vanilla liquid stevia

Turn on oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking sheet or stone.
    In a food processor, whip the 6 eggs thoroughly. Add coconut milk in, starting with 7 drops of liquid stevia. Pulse several times to thoroughly mix. We put in 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup VCO to make our 1/2 cup of fat, and the taste is superb! Add butter/oil, then pulse several times to blend.

Add dry ingredients and pulse gently to mix. Taste the Stevia Vanilla Coconut Flour dough and see if your flavor is in range, if you are comfortable tasting a raw egg (which is why you want to use free range organic – not cheapie mass produced grocery store eggs).Feel free to adjust your stevia, adding a few more drops if necessary.
    Once your flavor is adjusted to suit your taste, drop spoonfuls onto baking stone and bake for 20 minutes. Cool and enjoy!

Note: I used 1 inch scoop.

Comments (2)
    Jaimi Meyer15 August 2011 20:46Reply0
    I’m excited to see a recipe that’s my style..well I have been learning to watch the added ingredients in liquid stevia..you should get stevia that doesn’t have maltodextrin something like that..anyways I think you have an attractive website and I was excited to see homeshcooling on here too…I wanted to share with you a diet that I have been doing for about a year and IT SO AWESOME it’s healing my disease and I have lost like 20lbs! I just love this info.. go to knowthecause.com you will love it too!!!

karla b.17 September 2011 15:25Reply12
    this recipe is great… but not for cookies! not sure if i did something wrong, but i followed every ingredient exactly. i added evoo instead of coconut oil or butter. mixed it all together and it was super runny…. so instead of throwing the whole batch out, i decided to make pancakes. BEST PALEO PANCAKES EVER! i will be using this recipe for a long time to come for pancakes that fill you up, are loaded with fiber and turn out light and fluffy!

AnnieLuc

Thank you! I can’t wait to try them!

Mykoza

You are welcome Annie. Let me know how they came out for you.

goingnatural

Well… I’ve made the pudding twice in the last 12 hours so I guess that means I like it.

Please, i beg you, post more awesome recipes like these.

Mykoza

I have a recipe for a home-made chocolate that is pretty awesome and Flax bread which is very tasty – especially after toasting it a little bit.

Let me know if anyone would be interested in having them.

Chocolate probably isn’t permitted on Candida diet, but I can’t live without it right now. It saves me from eating sugary junk.

goingnatural

post flax bread please

Mykoza

I posted it in the “Bread recipes” section of “Candida Food & Recipes”
    Its’ name is “Flax Seed Bread: gluten/sugar/yeast free”

NinaMarie
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 10

I agree! The key lime pudding recipe looks delicious. I was bummed having to give up key lime. I’m making this tomorrow!

Mykoza

let us know how you like it

yogajedi
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 43

The cookies look great! Any ideas how they might be made without eggs? (flax/water, baking soda/vinegar?)

Excited to try the key lime pudding too!

Mykoza

Hmm, I don’t know. What you can do is measure flax ,add coconut milk or other liquid to the flax so you will end up with approximately the same amount of mass as eggs make. You need to have a binder there and I find Glucomannan a good one. It’s a form of fiber and thickener. Or you can add Guar Gum or something similar to hold the dough together.
    Good luck!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Key Lime Pudding’ is closed to new replies.