Kelp Noodles OK?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Kelp Noodles OK?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

M

Bumping

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Kelp is allowed on the diet. I am concerned about the sodium alginate:

“Sodium alginate is a good chelator for pulling radioactive toxins from the body, such as iodine-131 and strontium-90 that have taken the place of their non-radioactive counterparts. It is also used in immobilizing enzymes by inclusion.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_alginate#Sodium_alginate

I don’t know much about chelation but it could be problematic.

-raster

M

Thanks for that Raster. Any other opinions?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I’ve been wondering about kelp noodles and found this thread through the search feature. Did anyone happen to follow up with their doctor or naturopath about this? Raster mentions that the sodium alginate may be problematic because it’s a chelator of radioactive toxins, but I believe one of the reasons people endorse eating cilantro is because it chelates heavy metal toxins, allowing them to be passed from the body. Couldn’t this be a good thing, then?

I can obviously live without kelp noodles, but I was thinking it would be a nice way to vary things a bit.

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

I wanna know too 🙂

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I picked some up at the store today and am hoping for the best? I will probably just eat a small amount at a time.

shayfo

I was thinking about eating some sometime soon. They’re extremely low-calorie (like 6cal/svg), so if you’re having weight-loss issues, they’re not a great solution, but they would help keep things interesting.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I just picked them up to throw in with my veggies sometimes because I miss noodles and I’m getting bored of veggies by themselves.

shayfo

That’s kinda my plan, too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kelp Noodles OK?’ is closed to new replies.