Kelp In Capsule Form

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Kelp In Capsule Form

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kirstyk4 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

Does anyone know if Kelp is an antifungal? It is rich in iodine which I have seen on one website is a good way to combat candida.

I have also seen conflicting information on the internet as to whether kelp might lower or increase blood pressure and as I take medication to keep my BP in check I don’t want to start something that will increase my BP. Has anyone got any personal knowledge or experience on this?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

jamesb wrote: Does anyone know if Kelp is an antifungal?

Hello, James.
    Yes, kelp is an antifungal as well as an antioxidant and contains antibacterial properties.
    Kelp iodine can be purchased in a liquid form which, as you mentioned can supply your iodine as well.

As far as your blood pressure is concerned; the candida diet is lowering your cholesterol as you continue to follow the protocol.

In a research experiment, a group of volunteers, all needing medication for high blood pressure, were placed on a low-carb diet. In a period of six months, the serum total cholesterol level decreased, the low-density lipoprotein cholesterol level decreased, the triglyceride level decreased, high-density lipoprotein (HDL – the good part of cholesterol) level increased, and the cholesterol/HDL cholesterol ratio decreased.

The readings were:
    Serum total cholesterol: decrease of 11 ± 26 mg/dL (P = 0.006)
    Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol l decrease of 10 ± 25 mg/dL (P = 0.01)
    Triglyceride level decrease of 56 ± 45 mg/dL (P <0.001)
    Lipoprotein (HDL- the good cholesterol) increase of 10 ± 8 mg/dL (P <0.001)
    Total cholesterol/HDL ratio decrease of 0.9 ± 0.6 units (P <0.001)

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have recently been placed on a vitamin called “min-tran” which is made from kelp. I take it because I wake up in the middle of the night due to the need to urinate. I must be deficient in iodine I am thinking.

-Raster

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

I used to wake up 1+ times a night to use the restroom. Several weeks ago, I started taking a kelp supplement because I was concerned about how little iodine I was getting. I used to take a mulivitamin that had it (because I am vegetarian so don’t get from fish/seafood). With the candida diet I could no longer take the multivitamin so I thought the kelp supplement would help. I understand that iodine is still in many of the foods on the diet (such as kelp and eggs) but I thought the kelp supplement couldn’t hurt me a few times a week.

Anyways…I noticed that I no longer have to get up at night to use the restroom. It’s an amazing feeling to wake up at 7 am…and realize that was the first time I had woke up. 🙂

I’m sure other things I’m doing with the diet are also helping. General better health one of them! 🙂

Kirsty

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Kelp In Capsule Form’ is closed to new replies.