Kefir sugar content

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Kefir sugar content

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jason
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I’ve been taking kefir regularly for a while, but I’m concerned about the sugar content in it. From what I could gather in the commercially available brands, it’s around 10-12g in the “plain” variety (the one that has no added sugar and the closest to the home-prepared). Why shouldn’t I worry about this?

Miriam
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 61

Hi,
    You might want to think of mking your own. It actually only takes a few minutes daily. Culturesforhealth.com has great grains. They habe both water and milk kefir grains available. grains eat the sugars in both types of grains. It’s an experience worth partaking in.
    Good luck !!!
    Miriam

Jason
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Miriam;39568 wrote: Hi,
    You might want to think of mking your own. It actually only takes a few minutes daily. Culturesforhealth.com has great grains. They habe both water and milk kefir grains available. grains eat the sugars in both types of grains. It’s an experience worth partaking in.
    Good luck !!!
    Miriam

Even making my own, it will still have a similar amount of sugar. Maybe a better way of posing my question is the following: we cut every other source of sugar from our diets, but we seem not to mind the sugar in kefir. Why is that? Sure, it contains beneficial strains but wouldn’t it be better to take a good probiotic capsule and have no sugar?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Even following a candida diet doesn’t completely remove sugar. An onion contains 8g of sugar. A medium rutabaga has over 20g. It’s a matter of lowering sugar intake and consuming it when it comes in a beneficial “package,” like kefir, or prebiotic or antifungal foods.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Kefir sugar content’ is closed to new replies.