kefir store bought

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions kefir store bought

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

i have no where other than online to purchase grains ,i saw plain kefir at my local store with 12 grams sugar ,it tastes like plain yogurt and i dont like it much .
    would it b ok to sweeten with stevia ?also what is the difference between yogurt and kefir ?
    it tastes exactly the same !
    i plan on taking extra probiotics because i cant eat organic ,i mean take a30 billion like 2 or 3 times a day .would this be enough or do i need to drink kefir ?

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

hope4eva77;32667 wrote: i have no where other than online to purchase grains ,i saw plain kefir at my local store with 12 grams sugar ,it tastes like plain yogurt and i dont like it much .
    would it b ok to sweeten with stevia ?also what is the difference between yogurt and kefir ?
    it tastes exactly the same !
    i plan on taking extra probiotics because i cant eat organic ,i mean take a30 billion like 2 or 3 times a day .would this be enough or do i need to drink kefir ?

You can get sachets from amazon to make your own, some people find them more convenient and I believe raster or able used it throughout treatment. Unfortunately i know very little about it as I brought fresh grains.

The shop bought is a big no-no and the one you mentioned has huge sugar content, don’t be frustrated though I made a dozen mistakes too. D:

After a month or so you can have shop bought genuine greek yoghurt like fage as these have low sugar, my one has only 2g.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

hope4eva77;32667 wrote: i have no where other than online to purchase grains ,i saw plain kefir at my local store with 12 grams sugar ,it tastes like plain yogurt and i dont like it much. would it b ok to sweeten with stevia ?also what is the difference between yogurt and kefir?

You can get used to the taste of kefir if you’ll allow yourself time, otherwise, I suppose adding a little kefir wouldn’t do any harm.
    The difference between the two is the amount and quality of the beneficial bacteria.

Eating Greek yogurt is fine, but you really need to drink kefir as well.

Able

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

Able is the plain store bought OK?
    I can get used to eat I guess ill maybe buy sum grains online. Do they ship with ice?
    I’m worried ill mess it up.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Hey Able – regarding kefir…is there any additional benefit to doing cow vs goat vs coconut kefir? Dairy really squicks me out and I’m trying to avoid it. I just bought some kefir water grains to make my own coconut, but if it would be better to do an animal product, I could force myself to stomach it.

– Alex

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘kefir store bought’ is closed to new replies.