Kefir… Some help? Raster and other people.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Kefir… Some help? Raster and other people.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Healhy
    Topics: 87
    Replies: 45

My best friend give me some kefir graind and I put it in the friger with milk but I never touch it again. I totally forgot about kefir. After 2 months I remember that I wanted to take it. So now I´m afraid to take that kefir grains because the stayed 2 months in the friger. Maybe they are spoiled. What should I do? I don´t have more kefir. So sad.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

I doubt that they have gone bad but being in your fridge theres a risk of cross contamination from other pro-biotic sources. That will make for a bad tasting brew.

If you try to use them again, you will know for sure when smelling your first batch of kefir if they are good or not.

It’s really not a big deal since buying pure kefir grains on-line cost less then 20.00 USD.
    If you got 20$ just order some on-line.

jdib
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 23

Everyone talks about kefir…………..I tried so hard to make the kefir (that I purchased from the Kefir lady) and failed miserably.

I went through so much milk – I tried different scenarios, different milks, heating the milk first, use less milk, more milk, remove some grains – etc etc. Just didn’t have luck.

Do you guys find it’s easy to make the kefir?

jay253
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 43

i find it easy to make but mine taste like yeasty cheeze and i dont get a smooth thick kefir its thickened but grainy. i believe my grains where in raw milk at one time that gives the cheeze flavor, i beleive grains can become contaminated the first ones i got where in a salsa jar i did 6 milk changes in a new jar and the oder remained. i have herd that if a previous owner may have used spoiled milk the grains maybe holding bad bacteria

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I use organic whole milk and mine works just fine. Never had any trouble.

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

jay253;40118 wrote: i believe my grains where in raw milk at one time that gives the cheeze flavor

Interesting you note a cheeze flavor with using raw milk. Tomorrow I’ll be trying my first batch of homemade kifer, BODY ECOLOGY brand with raw milk since I have much less trouble with raw milk than pasteurized as a beverage on a rare occasion. So, am I to assume using pasteurized milk, organic preferably is the way to go over using raw milk?

humph…..

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

flailingWcandi;40134 wrote: BODY ECOLOGY brand with raw milk since I have much less trouble with raw milk than pasteurized as a beverage on a rare occasion. So, am I to assume using pasteurized milk, organic preferably is the way to go over using raw milk?

humph…..

I was under the impression that kefir grains were in their element in raw milk? Mine certainly were when I briefly managed to find some.

Also, when I got some body ecology kefir it was just like a powder. It wasn’t kefir at all rather it just seemed like an odd substitute. Do you have the same thing?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

jdib;40099 wrote: Everyone talks about kefir…………..I tried so hard to make the kefir (that I purchased from the Kefir lady) and failed miserably.

I went through so much milk – I tried different scenarios, different milks, heating the milk first, use less milk, more milk, remove some grains – etc etc. Just didn’t have luck.

Do you guys find it’s easy to make the kefir?

Hello jdib,

If the temperature in your house is not above 70 degrees F then the kefir grains won’t ferment.

-raster

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kefir… Some help? Raster and other people.’ is closed to new replies.