Kefir & Saccharomyces Boulardii

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Kefir & Saccharomyces Boulardii

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FishaOfMen 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

FishaOfMen
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 29

I have a severe case of candida, food allergies, and digestive problems; so my diet is pretty limited. One thing I enjoy and that provides significant calories is a soft kefir cheese I make. I ferment goat milk a couple days and strain it to make a cream cheese. I then add spices and dip vegetables in it.

I will soon try saccharomyces boulardii. Once I start, should I stop eating the kefir cheese? I’ve seen conflicting information on the message boards. Some posts have said kefir is too antifungal to consume during a boulardii protocol. Some posts have said kefir and boulardii is okay. Dvjorge? Raster?

FishaOfMen
    Participant

Same question goes for coconut flour. I get significant calories from coconut bread.

FishaOfMen
    Participant

Anyone?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would not mix them together because kefir also contains yeast and the boulardii will just consume the kefir, which will nullify any beneficial affects. It also likely would turn your stomach into turmoil where a battle is taking place in there, and this could make you feel quite strange.

Kefir contains candida and most people who have consumed in the forum have not gotten better consuming kefir. My ND does not recommend fermented foods because eventually it’ll benefit both bad and good yeast and bacteria.

-raster

FishaOfMen
    Participant

Thanks, raster. I’ll do my best to eliminate it. I just gotta find a way to make up for the lost calories :/.

FishaOfMen
    Participant

Raster, what do you think of goat milk yogurt? Could I substitute that to regain the calories lost?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kefir & Saccharomyces Boulardii’ is closed to new replies.