Kefir not carbonating

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Kefir not carbonating

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tanyanurse 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tanyanurse
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 94

I first time I made water kefir I used 1/2 water 1/2 coconut water with brown sugar and water kefir grains and it carbonated during the second ferment. The second and third time I made water kefir I used straight water with brown sugar and water kefir grains as well as a few drops of liquid minerals and it did not carbonate. What is wrong? If it does not carbonate, is it any good as a probiotic?

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

I have jars that sometimes have a lot less fizz than others. It can lose fizz for a bunch of reasons. Perhaps it wasn’t sealed. I use mason jars and sometimes if I move the jar I can hear fizz which means some of the carbonation is escaping because the seal isn’t perfect.

As long as it’s no longer sweet, you’re all good.

tanyanurse
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 94

approximately_me;46481 wrote: I have jars that sometimes have a lot less fizz than others. It can lose fizz for a bunch of reasons. Perhaps it wasn’t sealed. I use mason jars and sometimes if I move the jar I can hear fizz which means some of the carbonation is escaping because the seal isn’t perfect.

As long as it’s no longer sweet, you’re all good.

I do use Mason jars, but I did the first time it carbonated. It is sweet, but I thought it tasted sweet the time it carbonated as well

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Kefir not carbonating’ is closed to new replies.