Kefir made from coconut milk – but be careful

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Kefir made from coconut milk – but be careful

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Miriam 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2010/03/how-to-make-coconut-milk-kefir.html

I’m quite sure, but IMHO this would be the best mix of fatty acids, probiotics and good yeast?

Edit:

This might not be a problem for anybody else then me, but here it goes:

“While lauric acid found in coconut oil, is antibacterial, antioxidant, antiviral and a COX-1-2 inhibitor has been used in traditional medicinal remedies for benign prostatic hyperplasia and anti-inflammatory, caprylic acid, a minor constituent of coconut oil has been demonstrated to inhibit fungal growth, both topically and internally.”

Source: http://medicaladvisorjournals.blogspot.ca/2011/04/candida-albicans-reader-guide-to-cure.html

If you take a kefir starter kit and use it with coconut milk, it way affect the bacterial count in the final kefir.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

i make mine with coconut milk because i don’t eat dairy, and it’s delicious 🙂

emz333
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 49

hey guys how do u seperate the grains afterwards to make another batch? i am totally new at this and yet to give it a go, but i like the idea of coconut milk and maybe add a little stevia to end product? what yas think?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I make mine in a quart jar, and I just strain out the amount I want for the day, then add new coconut milk. I usually try to leave some finished kefir liquid in it so that it helps turn the new coconut milk faster, but some people drain it. To strain it, I just hold back the grains with a plastic fork when I’m pouring. I believe you can leave it in the same jar for several days in a row without having to wash it.

Sometimes coconut milk kefir gets really thick, like yogurt-y sort of texture, and then you can just scoop some into a fine plastic strainer and push the kefir through, leaving the grains in the strainer. Then just stick them back in the jar, or a new jar or whatever.

Miriam
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 61

Hi,
    I make coconut milk kefir. I got my grains from cultures for health. They are great at answering questions. I make coconut milk kefir daily. Every 2 days I cullture my grains in milk. My sister likes milk kefir so I give it to her and I continue making my coconut kefir. I love to pour the coconut milk kefir over cold strawberries or blueberries. I freeze it til not quite real hard frozen and have myself a treat. not to often with the fruit but a nice treat on occassio. Hope it helps.
    Miriam

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kefir made from coconut milk – but be careful’ is closed to new replies.