Kefir help please, I've been making it for weeks but now………

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Kefir help please, I've been making it for weeks but now………

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tude58 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tude58
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 56

I’ve been making coconut kefir and now am making it with goats milk to help me gain weight and muscle. I’m going to rotate between coconut and goats milk.

My first batch of goat kefir has whey on top??????????? Goats milk smells so different from milk or coconut and this has never happened. Is it still good or did I ruin it??

Thank you!

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

That doesn’t sound out of the ordinary.
    I made goat’s milk kefir, it tasted too yeasty for my liking, but it is supposed to be that way. Not everyone can stand the taste, which is why you can add things to make it nicer.
    It’s supposed to smell almost a little like vinegar, because it’s sour milk after all.

I could not drink mine because I have had strong reactions to the yeast content in it, so I have just stayed with commercial greek yoghurt.

tude58
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 56

Thank you, it’s confusing to me due to whey on top when all the other Kefir I’ve made with cows milk, coconut milk has whey on the bottom. You’re right about the yeasty but at this point I need a superfood for protein etc. I’ll cover it up with a ton of flavorings.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Kefir help please, I've been making it for weeks but now………’ is closed to new replies.