Kefir grains not growing

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Kefir grains not growing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hope4eva77 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

I’ve been making milk kefir from real kefir grains for around three weeks or so now, and they haven’t grown at all during that time. I’ve read that the grains usually grow quite fast but in my case it doesn’t seem to be happening. The milk kefir that’s being produced tastes fine, and I’m fermenting for around 24 hours or just over, before replacing with fresh milk. Anyone know what the problem could be?

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Try using raw milk if you can source it.

I bought some new ones as I had been using them on coconut water for ages & I had the same problems. When I started using raw milk the new one’s can’t stop growing.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

my kefir isnt growing ether but raw milk is just to much money so idk .does this mean im not getting the full benefit of kefir i mean if they dont grow does it take away the quality?

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

I’m currently using organic cow’s milk or regular cow’s milk, although I’ve found a lactose-free milk which I’m going to try out. No idea where to find raw milk here, or if it’s even available. Should I perhaps be giving them more milk?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Kefir grains not growing’ is closed to new replies.