Kefir & General Advice

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Kefir & General Advice

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mrs.candida 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

I have realised only until 2 weeks ago ago, that completely eliminating sugar from my diet was the only way I was going to improve. I must of been consuming 2-10g’s per day thinking that was ok! Since eliminating sugar completely I have noticed some minor improvements, which is at least some progress.

5 days ago I went to have further tests/check ups on my situation and had eliminated sugar for 7 days by then. But to my shock I was given a water solution with 5grams of sugar in it for one of my tests, for the next 3 days I felt the affects and after finally feeling as If I was getting somewhere I woke up the next morning feeling horrific as before. So this has at least given me a quantified measure of how reactive to sugar I am, which is severe at the moment.

Now to the point, I have made some water kefir after fermenting it for 3 days and have been very apprehensive about drinking it as after dipping my finger in the solution I found it was very sweet tasting.. how am I meant to know how much sugar I am drinking from it and in my position is it worth the risk? (My gut says no!)

FYI I did 2 table spoons of kefir, 800ml of water and 6 tablespoons of sugar for 3 days.

Thanks
    JD

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I have realised only until 2 weeks ago ago, that completely eliminating sugar from my diet was the only way I was going to improve. I must of been consuming 2-10g’s per day thinking that was ok! Since eliminating sugar completely I have noticed some minor improvements, which is at least some progress.

This statement is confusing because it’s impossible to take all sugar out of your diet. Lettuce has 1 g of sugar and a medium cucumber has 4 grams. Sugar is in everything. How have you completely eliminated it?

1533jd

I haven’t. I just meant I have extremely restricted my diet. Do you know a list of foods or a unit of measurement of what food groups have the least sugar in?
    As for now I am going with all guns blazing with this diet and in terms of completely eliminating sugar, i meant not having any ”motivational cheat moments” or making any bakery goods, no xylitol, no yoghurt and no pork.. All I am eating is duck, chicken, beef, beef (mince), lettuce, courgettes (zucchini)green peppers, cucumber, onions, garlic, Brussel sprouts, spinach and as a treat iced water!!!
    I have leaky gut so 30% of the foods on the forums strict protocol I can’t eat anyway.

I just don’t get how drinking kefir is not going to set me back at such early stages. I think perhaps its not good to start it quite yet 2 weeks in and leave it for another 2-3 weeks, so I’m not so reactive to sugar fructose.

JD

mrs.candida

Almost all the sugar in Kefir is eaten by the Lactobacillus.

The food group lowest in sugar is the vegetable group, or maybe the meat group? I’m not sure why it matters.

I honestly believe that if you stick to the forums diet, cut out the beef (minced or otherwise) you will heal your leaky gut. Able has done good work for us so we don’t have to rewrite the diet.

It’s not about calorie, carb or sugar counting, why make it harder on yourself then need be.

1533jd

Ok, cut out beef, will do. I don’t think I’m making it any harder for myself in the sense of diet, I just cant afford to stay like this for much longer, so any more trial and error will delay me inevitably. The main thing is that I know 95% of what Im allergic to and know that I have to extremely limit my sugar intake in order to make this recovery period as quick as possible. Thats just the stage I have got to whereby Im willing to go that extra mile to just make absolute certain I don’t make any more mistakes.

JD

mrs.candida

I think it’s realistic for you to assume you will be eliminating sugar from your diet for 6-18 months. It’s unrealistic of you to think you won’t make mistakes in that time.

I’m not an expert in leaky gut, but I would spend some time searching around in the forums and reading what others have said there is some very valuable information in here. Pay attention to what Raster & Able post, they have a lot of experience are willing to share it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kefir & General Advice’ is closed to new replies.