kefir and yogurt question

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions kefir and yogurt question

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  shell1226 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

heyitsme
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 11

I’m making my own kefir and yougur, how much you can drink, eat of it? Can you drink a lot?

shell1226
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 71

I think it’s different for everyone. I am up to 1 cup of kefir per day. I increase it a bit each week. I find that I don’t tolerate some foods very well at times (eggs, buckwheat, cultered veggies), so I have to add stuff in slowly.

heyitsme
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 11

Thanks, I have the same problem, I barely tolerate anything. So frustrating. Can’t do anylonger the vegetable diet only no more.

shell1226

Yes. Very frustrating. Let me clarify for everyone. I am not following the forum diet. I am following Body Ecology and can have buckwheat, millet, amaranth and quinoa on the diet. Right now my diet mainly consists of a serving of one of these seed grains once a day, a serving of kefir a day, either a serving of fish or eggs several times a week, and the rest is veggies. I was eating the cultured veggies with every meal, but I was starting to have stomach pain daily. I think I added them too quickly and too much.

I do well with a blended raw soup consisting of tomato, celery, cucumber, garlic, ginger, greens, avocado and water.

Miriam
    Replies: 61

Hi,
    It’s best to start with 1/4 cup at bedtime. after a week or so go to 1/4 cup in eme morning before you eat-about a 1/2 hr. Increase your portion size every few weeks. After several months 1 cup or more both times. Kefir works best on an empty stomach. Check out Doms site for more info. I drink coconut milk kefir.
    Miriam

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

shell1226;36071 wrote: Yes. Very frustrating. Let me clarify for everyone. I am not following the forum diet. I am following Body Ecology and can have buckwheat, millet, amaranth and quinoa on the diet. Right now my diet mainly consists of a serving of one of these seed grains once a day, a serving of kefir a day, either a serving of fish or eggs several times a week, and the rest is veggies. I was eating the cultured veggies with every meal, but I was starting to have stomach pain daily. I think I added them too quickly and too much.

I do well with a blended raw soup consisting of tomato, celery, cucumber, garlic, ginger, greens, avocado and water.

NO! DON’T DO BODY ECOLOGY DIET!! I started on that one and trust me, it does NOT work for candida!!

I was doing that for awhile and struggling, and as soon as I switched to the forum diet, my progress soared! Eating fruit, tomatoes, potatoes, quinoa, butter, etc. is just going to feed the candida. That book is poorly researched and basically just a ploy for Donna Gates to sell her overpriced supplements. There is a little useful information in it, but most of it is pseudoscience with little evidence to back up the so-called facts. Sorry to be so harsh, but my experience with that diet is so negative and actually set back my treatment.

shell1226

Thanks for your imput, Alex. I think we are all different and need to adjust our diets accordingly. What works for me, may not work for you and vice versa. BED does say not to eat tomatoes, but I do ok with them, so I use them. I may have to stop using them because along with Candida, I also have gastritis, which is where a lot of my digestive problems stem from.

I think it’s funny that you think BED is pseudoscience but yet you will follow a diet on the internet put together by two people that have/had candida. Again, not putting down Able or Raster, I appreciate all the time and effort that they put into this project. Just again pointing out that we all need to do what works for us and not follow anyone blindly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘kefir and yogurt question’ is closed to new replies.