kefir and candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions kefir and candida

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TheChosenOne 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

annidee
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Hi everyone

I’m new to this forum. I have a question- I’m confused why kefir is suitable for a candida diet as it is fermented and contain yeasts. During my research I can’t find an answer, and others say it is not suitable. I have started to drink it[second day]

thank you

confused Annidee

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

annidee;59643 wrote: Hi everyone

I’m new to this forum. I have a question- I’m confused why kefir is suitable for a candida diet as it is fermented and contain yeasts. During my research I can’t find an answer, and others say it is not suitable. I have started to drink it[second day]

thank you

confused Annidee

Annidee, You need to watch your own body closely for a reaction to the kefir. If you don’t have any adverse reactions to it, then it should be ok. I’m not sure where you get the idea that something that is fermented is bad for someone with candida.

Fermented vegetables such as sauerkraut are highly recommend for candida sufferers. The fermentation process builds healthy probiotics. From my personal experience the most effective probiotics for me have come from sauerkraut. I have had reactions to milk based kefir and had no luck trying to make water or coconut milk kefir. I would definitely recommend you either have some form of kefir or fermented vegetables. Otherwise you are missing out on one of the best sources of probiotics.

ALso, I just noticed you mentioned kefir contains yeasts. There are many different types of yeast. Some are good yeasts and others like candida obviously not so. The strains of yeast in kefir build colonies of healthy bacteria in your body.

annidee
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

thank you for replying- i do get confused, some say all yeasts are to be avoided and all femented foods like tofu

is wild yeast found in sourdough bread good yeast?

there are lots of anti- candida diets that say no femented foods, whilst others say its fine- listening to your body is good advice

thank you

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Kefir contains candida strains so it won’t cure you. I would personally use it for a temporary period of time and then stop.

Nutritional/bakers yeast found in breads is pretty much ok but I wouldn’t go around consuming tofu or sourdough breads!

-raster

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Overall yeast shouldn’t be a problem, because it will be destroyed by stomach acid (or at least it should). Reconolizing your gut is more important I guess. I’d be more worried about drinking diary. Especially if we are talking about cows milk or unorganic milk.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘kefir and candida’ is closed to new replies.