kefir

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  granolamama 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

I have to admit that I know very little about Kefir but on the limited research I have done it seems that to thrive the kefir grains need to be fed sugar. Is this correct? Also there seems to be water kefir and milk kefir presumably it is water kefir that is needed to try and combat candida and would I be right that taking kefir would reduce the need to take other probiotics?

A lot of questions I know but if anyone can help I would be grateful

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, James.

Quote: “I have to admit that I know very little about Kefir but on the limited research I have done it seems that to thrive the kefir grains need to be fed sugar. Is this correct?”

Reply: The sugar will be supplied by the milk, and that’s no matter which type of milk you choose. Your choices are organic 1% cow’s milk, coconut milk, or goats milk.
    You can make water kefir, but from the research I’ve seen recently, using a milk form is more beneficial.

Quote: “would I be right that taking kefir would reduce the need to take other probiotics?”

Reply: You would still need to take a commercial form of high-count and high-strain of a good probiotic. Eating kefir on a daily basis, you would likely be able to stop the commercial probiotic sooner than without.

Able

timmyb
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 37

Is it ok to have kefir on stage one?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

timmyb wrote: Is it ok to have kefir on stage one?

Yes, after 7 to 10 days on the diet, but start very slowly with a small amount, and have it only one time a day for several days to avoid strong die-off symptoms.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am wondering what it tastes like? It looks like cottage cheese (which I think is gross).

granolamama
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 13

Hi Raster,

I had unsweetened Kefir today, just a little 1/2 cup, and to me it tastes like milk that has turned a bit sour. LOL not great and I found myself pretty much gagging after the first sip….but I guess you get used to it 🙂
    I find drinking green veggie potions from the juicer to be sometimes hard to get down also, but over time, you get used to the taste.
    The less sugar you have , the more you get back to the original taste of foods, which is kinda nice actually.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘kefir’ is closed to new replies.