Keep HG in mind

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Keep HG in mind

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mygutleaks 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

I’ve been trying to get rid of candida for a long time now. I’ve made a lot of progress and I feel fine, but my tongue still won’t clear 100% and my leaky gut seems to come and go. I have known about mercury and chelation (and seen lots of posts on it here), but never did it. I have never had any of the common symptoms of mercury toxicity – or at least I thought not. Then, I took some chlorella. And wow, big time reaction – not to the chlorella itself – but to the mercury redistribution. The chlorella must have kicked-up metals in my gut, and i’m quite sure by the way I felt, that they went in to my brain. (if you read about chelation, you’ll see that can happen with chelators and mobilizers – chlorella is a mobilizer). I knew immediately that the reason I haven’t been able to clear candida completely, could be due to being mercury toxic – probably to a slight degree. I did have two amalgam fillings and had them taken out – but never chelated. Sure enough, if you read posts on chelation, you’ll find posts of folks who didn’t get 100% well until the chelated. And Dr. Andrew Cutler seems to be the authority on it. He suggests never taking chlorella. Also, never chelate if you still have mercury fillings in your mouth.
    -MGL

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello MGL,

There is a pure form of chlorella grown in test tubes and I would encourage you to look into it. Supposedly per my naturopath’s opinion/advice, only you should consume the purist form of it (and I guess this place in germany has the purist form)…

Chelation can be a tough thing to go through and I encourage you to carefully think it out before attempting it on your own.

My naturopath also feels that you should only chelate if your pH is neutral. Otherwise you will lose too many minerals.

-raster

mygutleaks
    Participant

Cutler says the chelation doesn’t pull out other minerals. Losing minerals was the reason I didn’t want to chelate, and I’m surprised to hear that. If one wants to use chlorella, might be good to add in sodium alginate. It’s inexpensive and is supposedly a good binder. Chlorella seems to mobilize, at least in my experience.
    -MGL

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Chelation removes both your beneficial minerals as well as the bad minerals/metals.

-raster

mygutleaks
    Participant

that’s what I thought too.. but not according to Cutler. I found this on the subject,

——–
    No, at least not chelation with DMSA, DMPS, and ALA.

EDTA removes good minerals. EDTA IV chelation is used when people have blockages in their arteries. The structure of EDTA is totally different from the 3 other chelators mentioned above. EDTA contains four carboxylic acid groups that are involved in surrounding and chelating, and these groups do surround and chelate good minerals.

DMSA, DMPS, and ALA chelate by a different mechanism – the 2 sulfhydryl or SH groups strongly attach to the heavy metals. They specifically attach to the heavier metals and don’t have the same affinity for the lighter, smaller metals, like the essential minerals that you are concerned about.
    ——–

this isn’t a direct quote by Cutler, however, I heard him say the same thing in an Autism Awareness interview online.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Keep HG in mind’ is closed to new replies.