just tried dried beans…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions just tried dried beans…

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

helpme
    Topics: 45
    Replies: 72

but I got a rash!

is it possible that the candida diet can make you even more sensitive to other foods?
    I never used to have food allergies!

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

helpme wrote: but I got a rash!

is it possible that the candida diet can make you even more sensitive to other foods?
    I never used to have food allergies!

It has for me. I felt awful at times, & still struggling for energy despite being much more restful.

If I hadn’t researched it & expected to feel worse for a while, I would have quit by now.

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Yes. The better you do, the more sensitive you become. This actually helps you better determine what is wrong and right for you foodwise.

helpme

Okay, so should I start trying foods very gradually?
    Will I ever overcome the allergy to beans do you think?

Btw, I am pretty certain I have overcome candida, I never had it bad at all to start with.

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Yes, gradually. An anti candida protocol is a lot to take for your body. It is no surprise we get reactions.

I believe allergies have a cause and can always be overcome (edit: in this particular spectrum, where we obtain allergies, not hereditary or racial for instance). There are different ways of overcoming allergies. In this case: one way is to try to heal the gut with anti inflammatory food and supplements. I havent really looked into them, but you could also check out things like NLP or bio resonance therapy.

However, beans might just not be good for you. Try it some other time. And be careful, candida is an opportunistic organism, it will come back if it gets the chance.

helpme

Thanks for the helpful reply.
    Sorry for all the questions, but I used to eat beans very frequently in the past, is it possible that my body is reacting to them now that I am more sensitized (doing the diet)?
    I assumed beans were relatively non-allergenic, but after researching it appears they are (beans are legumes, like peanuts).

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Helpme,

There are a couple of topics I wanted to touch on. First off, you state you weren’t allergic to beans before the diet but are now. You are wondering why this has occurred?

The reason this has happened (in my opinion) is that you have killed candida which had roots throughout your intestines. When these roots are removed, what is left over is holes in your gut (aka leaky gut)…the candida was simply plugging up the holes in your intestines before but now they aren’t doing that.

Another possibility is that your organs are very much taxed fighting this sucker off, so because these organs aren’t functioning as well as a normal person, your body has to detox toxins via the skin (hence the rash).

In order to heal leaky gut, you have to take specific supplements that will heal it. There is a big list from a few weeks ago, but generally foods with FOS, L-glutamine, and anti-inflammatory supplements will do the trick. Cod liver oil is highly anti-inflammatory and will reduce inflammation within the body allowing itself to heal. Probiotics and prebiotics also heal leaky gut. I can find the post if you want.

Taking anti-allergy supplements also can reduce or eliminate allergies and a great one to look into is bioflavanoids (often included in vitamin C supplements). “Preliminary research indicates that flavonoids may modify allergens, viruses, and carcinogens, and so may be biological “response modifiers”. In vitro studies show that flavonoids also have anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-cancer,and anti-diarrheal activities.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flavonoid

From my experience, once I went on the diet I reacted to a whole bunch of foods I did not react to before the diet. It was real strange to me because I knew what I was allergic to before starting the diet. After 11 months on my personal protocol I managed to heal my leaky gut and basically not have any allergies.

-raster

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

Stay away from beans unless you want excessive estrogen in your body.

helpme

The reason this has happened (in my opinion) is that you have killed candida which had roots throughout your intestines. When these roots are removed, what is left over is holes in your gut (aka leaky gut)…the candida was simply plugging up the holes in your intestines before but now they aren’t doing that.

That’s what I suspected raster.
    My question is, are there cheaper ways to heal the gut? I literally cannot afford anymore supplements, as much as I’d want to buy them. Which is the most effective to spend the last of my spare change on?

Also how long do you think it would take a mild case of leaky gut to recover?

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Kefir has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. If you drink it everyday and eat the excess grains, that should aid in healing the gut, as well as keeping candida at bay. You can get grains on eBay for about £3 if you haven’t already. It’s a good idea to get both the dairy (if you tolerate it) and water kinds, since the water ones grow incredibly fast and give you more surplus grains to eat.

If you can’t afford probiotic capsules and other supplements, kefir is the one thing worth spending your money on. In fact, it only amounts to the cost of fresh milk and/or mineral water/sugar after you’ve got the equipment you need (also inexpensive). It contains vitamins and minerals as well as mega-doses of probiotics, and I understand why Able and Raster rave about it since reading more about it and making my own. You can even make your own probiotic-rich cream cheese or bubbly probiotic grape juice with next to no sugar.

helpme

I love kefir! Make it with goat milk because I prefer the texture. I will try out the cream cheese, and wow grape juice?
    I guess I’ll just have to be patient enjoy this diet knowing I will get better… Thanks everyone!

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Javizy wrote: Kefir has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. If you drink it everyday and eat the excess grains, that should aid in healing the gut, as well as keeping candida at bay. You can get grains on eBay for about £3 if you haven’t already. It’s a good idea to get both the dairy (if you tolerate it) and water kinds, since the water ones grow incredibly fast and give you more surplus grains to eat.

If you can’t afford probiotic capsules and other supplements, kefir is the one thing worth spending your money on. In fact, it only amounts to the cost of fresh milk and/or mineral water/sugar after you’ve got the equipment you need (also inexpensive). It contains vitamins and minerals as well as mega-doses of probiotics, and I understand why Able and Raster rave about it since reading more about it and making my own. You can even make your own probiotic-rich cream cheese or bubbly probiotic grape juice with next to no sugar.

Hi Javizy,

What do kefir grains taste like? I thought about eating them but couldn’t make myself try it yet, I know I am being such a baby about it hahahaha. Occasionally I will feel a little rubbery grain in my mouth while drinking kefir as sometimes one or two would escape the straining process, but never could try them alone. I was not really able to taste anything different when I run into it in kefir.

How do you eat it? Do you mix it in some other food or what do you do?

Thanks in advance!

Arijana

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

orka1998 wrote: What do kefir grains taste like? I thought about eating them but couldn’t make myself try it yet, I know I am being such a baby about it hahahaha. Occasionally I will feel a little rubbery grain in my mouth while drinking kefir as sometimes one or two would escape the straining process, but never could try them alone. I was not really able to taste anything different when I run into it in kefir.

How do you eat it? Do you mix it in some other food or what do you do?

I was a bit apprehensive after seeing the magnified images of the grains, but I took the plunge. They don’t really taste of anything, but the texture isn’t too bad. It’s like a chewy kind of jelly, which would probably be quite nice if it was flavoured and maybe sweetened with stevia. There are other suggestions on that Dom guy’s site.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Javizy wrote:
    I was a bit apprehensive after seeing the magnified images of the grains, but I took the plunge. They don’t really taste of anything, but the texture isn’t too bad. It’s like a chewy kind of jelly, which would probably be quite nice if it was flavoured and maybe sweetened with stevia. There are other suggestions on that Dom guy’s site.

OK thanks! I am reading Dom’s site for days. Tons of info!

Arijana

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘just tried dried beans…’ is closed to new replies.