Just starting off the cleanse and have a few questions please.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Just starting off the cleanse and have a few questions please.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  IFIG 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

IFIG
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hello: I am just about to start a colon cleanse (stricter one suggested). I have a few questions.

1) Is it good to use all 3 of the liver aiding supplements during the cleanse – i.e. Milk Thistle, Candidate, and Molybdenum. So far I have only purchased the Milk thistle and Molybdenum. Do you recommend getting the Candidate also? Sorry I did also buy the Swedish Bitters.

2) Any particular time to take the above liver supplements?

3) Prior to the cleanse I am taking a multivitamin and fish oils. Should I stop these during the cleanse? or keep taking them? If I keep taking them, any suggestions when to do so?

4) This is a question about once the strict diet starts. I currently have reactions to dairy products – I believe it is as a result of a beaten down digestive system – not sure though. I noticed the strict diet following the cleanse includes yogurt. Any thoughts on whether I should include yogurt after the cleanse seeing my reactions to dairy before? Or should I just try and see what happens?

Thank you for your help.

blakek89
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 186

IFIG wrote: Hello: I am just about to start a colon cleanse (stricter one suggested). I have a few questions.

1) Is it good to use all 3 of the liver aiding supplements during the cleanse – i.e. Milk Thistle, Candidate, and Molybdenum. So far I have only purchased the Milk thistle and Molybdenum. Do you recommend getting the Candidate also? Sorry I did also buy the Swedish Bitters.

2) Any particular time to take the above liver supplements?

3) Prior to the cleanse I am taking a multivitamin and fish oils. Should I stop these during the cleanse? or keep taking them? If I keep taking them, any suggestions when to do so?

4) This is a question about once the strict diet starts. I currently have reactions to dairy products – I believe it is as a result of a beaten down digestive system – not sure though. I noticed the strict diet following the cleanse includes yogurt. Any thoughts on whether I should include yogurt after the cleanse seeing my reactions to dairy before? Or should I just try and see what happens?

Thank you for your help.

There is no reason that it would be bad to use all three. However you do not need all three molybdenum and milk thistle will suffice. Swedish bitters will help your digestion.

I usually take molybdenum with meals so I don’t forget. But it doesn’t matter when you take it. Milk thistle will depend on what your bottle says, I would take it with or without meals also. Whenever is more convenient. Finish up your multivitamin http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx Finish up your Fish oil and take a Cod Liver Oil it contains a highly absorbable form of Vitamin A & D and contains excellence DHA/EPA ratio. It is also cheaper.
    Treat Dairy as a test item a couple of weeks after the cleanse if you choose to cleanse.
    If you are really concerned try Goat Greek Yoghurt.
    Could you describe your reaction.

blakek89
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 186

You are from Canada there is a brand called Liberte Dairy and they make 2 kinds of Goat Yogurt Plain 2% and Plain Greek Yoghurt http://www.liberte.ca/en/goat-yogurt-products/index.sn
    They also sell Goat butter and Kefir. If you were to drink commercial kefir this would be the one. It is an authentic that contains over 20 strains and a minimum of 37 billion bacteria and yeast per 100ml

http://www.liberte.ca/en/produits-kefir/organic_plain_kefir.sn

IFIG

Thanks alot for your information. I will do as you suggest and wait 2 weeks after the cleanse and then try and see what happens.

My reaction is post nasal drip. That is my biggest sympton along with fatigue due to the candida I believe. My post nasal drip is bad in general and gets worse with dairy and gluten.

Regarding the Molybdenum, I just started today the 7 day cleanse with only broth as food. Do you think it is ok to take it if I am only having broth?

Thanks.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

IFIG wrote: Regarding the Molybdenum, I just started today the 7 day cleanse with only broth as food. Do you think it is ok to take it if I am only having broth?

When you take Molybdenum you can take it with or without food, so taking it with the broth is fine.
    Swedish bitters should be taken after a meal, so if broth is all you’re having, I’d wait until you start having meals.
    Do you know how to take the bitters?

Able

IFIG

Thanks for the info. The Swedish bitters I have is a liquid. Is there anything special I need to do?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

IFIG wrote: Thanks for the info. The Swedish bitters I have is a liquid. Is there anything special I need to do?

Since the principle of digestive bitters is to stimulate the bitter receptors on the tongue, you only need to taste the bitterness of the herbs, therefore 1/2 of a dropper full on the tongue after meals will be enough to do the job, regardless of what the label may say. No matter what you read from here on out, you will not need to purchase additional enzymes as long as you use Swedish Bitters at two or three meals a day. Remember that you’ll need to take them before or immediately following a meal.

Swedish digestive bitters absolutely must be accompanied by the intake of a sufficient amount of water immediately following and throughout the day if they are to serve their purpose which is the primary method of cleansing your intestines and performing liver flushes and sufficient bile flow throughout your treatment.

Able

IFIG

Hi Able. Thanks alot for your information, it is much appreciated.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Just starting off the cleanse and have a few questions please.’ is closed to new replies.