Just saying hello after few years

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Just saying hello after few years

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Candida90 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hello everyone,

I was on this forum some 2-3 years ago. Candida brought me here and this forum helped me get better. I got better on the strict protocol here, although I eased into it from the web site’s diet. I also have celiac disease and either lactose or casein (not sure) intolerance as well. Some symptoms did not get better on this diet and this is when I was diagnosed with leaky gut syndrome and an auto-immune disease: polymyositis. Again, I found helpful information on this forum, I remembered that someone mentioned Dr. Wahls and Multiple Sclerosis and since my disease is kind of similar to it I took both diets and I eat whatever showed up on both as allowed. A good thing is that Dr. Wahls gives you actual plan, how much of what you are supposed to eat to get better. This is when I finally got way better. 3 years ago I could not press the clutch on my car and today I ride a bike up the mountain and have ton of energy. I tried to include fruit and more starch, but candida comes back, not in intestines right away, but in other places. Eventually it shows up in intestines as well.

Recently I read about a plan to heal leaky gut and I started the suggested treatment and I feel great, for the first time it seems I am digesting food. Here is the link in case anyone needs it: http://draxe.com/4-steps-to-heal-leaky-gut-and-autoimmune-disease/

Today I take omega 3, Q10, vit B, probiotics, Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice Extract (DGL), L-Glutamine, Quercetin, Digestive enzymes. I eat greens, colors and sulfur every day, some meat protein or fish, organ meat at least once per week, cooking soups on sundays, and enjoy life! I am feeling great physically and mentally, even though I could still have an off day, usually related to too many carbs for few days… Everyone says I look great as well and young.

So plan to do a healthy diet all your life. I lost hope to rid of candida for life, but I am happy like this, and got used to the diet. I do not eat anything that does not have value for me. I am also getting ready to go to naturopath to clean out remains of antibiotics, shots and other toxic stuff I consumed over the years.

I only see raster is still here from the old crew of people who are helping others. I am not on forum for years but I did not forget you or what this form did for me. I just have tons of people here in Bosnia who are either bad with english or not Internet Surfing happy people, but I am paying it forward every chance I get…

So hi raster, it is great that you are still here helping others. Just wanted to let you know I feel great. Climbed a huge mountain on foot in March and through 6-8 feet of snow! Climbing mountains on bike every chance I get. Matter of fact I am taking my girls tomorrow as they finally learned to ride without training wheels 🙂

Wishing best of luck to all of you and support you in your fight against candida!

Arijana

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well I am glad you came back to give an update, because its been awhile.  Dvjorge occasionally has a post but I’m pretty much last remaining person.  The stopped linking to the forum on the front of thecandidadiet.com page and so we have a lot less traffic here now, which is good for me because it means I help less people, but it likely sucks for the people that need help/advice.

Able900 got banned a year ago or longer because he was having people message him about his protocol and he sent them to a special website that had ads on it, big no no to redirect so much traffic to something you make money off of lol.

I put together a good list of alternative ideas to get better and I’ll look over your leaky gut link and maybe add it to that post.

I’m still battling yeast but its like such a low problem for me now…I can easily manage it and eat what I want on weekends pretty much.  I have a pretty bad gluten sensitivity and might get it checked out.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Oh yes, same here raster, I just live the way I live and do not focus on it. I just ate few handfuls of strawberries, and yesterday I had a bag of peanuts, and a bag of cashews because I couldn’t find time for a meal (remodeling a laundry room, matter of fact I worked on it until 2:30 am and still got up like a bird, and have been working in the garden all day, sandpapering, painting, planting…) and I am fine where before I would be in trouble the very next day, and usually within few hours I would get dizzy and tons of other problems… I do not think that I could eat like this every day, but usually on weekends I slack off a bit because we lead such busy lives (biking to the mountain, hiking, horseback riding, I even pulled off last week a day where I climbed up the mountain with my bike, got back, got showered and went off to the concert haha). I still have candida, but I live a full life regardless of it, or in spite of it 🙂 Healthy people keep asking me where do I get my energy. I am happy having my life back, so you could say I am high on life 😉

I had trouble finding the forum, at first I thought it is gone. I am sorry about Able900, perhaps he made a mistake, but he helped so many. It’s his version of the diet that got me going in the right direction…

Best of luck to you, and everyone else here!

Arijana

Candida90
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 7

Did you try prescription medications? I don’t believe candida is so bad that it can’t be eliminated for good (or at least reduced to the healthy level everybody carry in their body).

Natural antifungal aren’t that good, they worked pretty badly for me and very few people managed to overcome their candida overgrowth through things like oil of oregano, formula SF722, caprylic acid, GSE ecc.

Candida is tough so a prescription drug may be the only choice here.

I know you say that you feel good but candida is very toxic even though we can live a “normal” life with it.

kiwi22
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Good to hear from you orka! I was also here the same time as you. I believe we talked some. At least I remember your name as one of the active ones. I’m really glad that you’re coping well and especially to hear that you’re energetic. I’m still personally struggling with my energy levels.

I also came to stop by to say something about my progress since leaving the forums. I hope you don’t mind me hi-jacking your topic. I thought this could be a good place for oldies to vent. I forgot my password so this isn’t my original account. I believe I called myself angor back then.

When I was here I was always uncertain if I had SIBO or candida and was really confused about what might be the cause behind my symptoms.

I went on a strict candida diet. At first I tried with the flours (coconut etc) but had bad reactions to it so I adjusted my diet to fit SIBO as well. For a year I ate eggs, vegetables, chicken and yoghurt. I took antifungals like crazy. Coconut oil seemed to be the most effective and I got severe herxheimer reactions for about a year of taking it. After a while the coconut oil stopped giving me reactions. I could eat several spoons without any reaction at all. I started letting go of my diet and everything was feeling really good. Only a month ago I was grazing on ALL sorts of foods like there was no tomorrow. Chocolate, pizza whatever. I could eat it all. I would still get small reactions but nothing major. Since then a couple of things happened. I won’t be going in to them here, but my symptoms got a little worse. Though I really want to point out that it wasn’t my consumption of junk who did it. I was truly better, and still am, but worse from when I could eat just about anything.

During the process I’ve learned that candida was never my issue. It was SIBO and lately I have done some testing that kind of confirms that theory. They wouldn’t let me do the hydrogen breath test since in my country they apparently don’t find it reliable enough. But I had some other tests done and I will probably start my own topic and ask about one of the test results.

Well. I don’t know … Since I was here so much has happened and I feel like I have a completely new understanding of the human body and honestly life itself. This forum gave me so much. I was desperate when I came to this place and for the first time I felt like people could actually give me som useful advice which doctors have never been able to do.

My top useful insights from this forum is:

• Fungus, virus, bacteria or parasites is (almost) always the answer.
    • Natural antifungals is very useful. Coconut oil is pure gold. Clove and Oregano oil is pretty useful too. Turn to nature when doctors won’t or can’t help you. (+ lemon and organic apple cider vinegar. Always have lemons and apple cider vinegar at hand. They will be your best friend).
    • Your diet is an important tool to manage your health. And it can do so drastically. But on the other hand, pizza is really tasty,  so the optimal situation is if you can have a little bit of both. BUT sticking to this diet will totally be worth it in the end, and probably the only way you can enjoy a pizza in the future without having to think about the consequences.
    • 3% Hydrogen peroxide is awesome for keeping wounds from being infected and also to brush your teeth a couple of times a month (I got the advice to ingest hydrogen peroxide, that never sat well with me, I’m not sure about the safety either, but have found it useful for so many other things. I’m so glad to have found it.)
    • Plus a ton more about how the body and the organisms in it works. That information will be useful for life.
    • Take it easy. Sometimes I would go overboard with the antifungals (antibacterials in my case). That’s not a good idea. Be cool and protect your liver with the suggested supplements.

I’m still struggling with my health. I had very many things wrong with me, among other things hypothyroidism. So I’m not cured yet, but I’m aiming to be. And the more knowledge I gain the closer I feel to an answer.

Big thanks to everyone who helped me on this forum back then!

krys__lee
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hello Arijana!

I came across your post because I found yet again a bunch of small white flat itchy spots on the back of my neck, arms and top half of back. I’ve always suspected candida(bc I’m Italian and LOVE our food) but everyone shrugged me off about it. But here I am again 5 yrs later with spots and almost 10lbs lighter (not to mention I was already small at 5’2 105 lbs now I am at 95lbs. But I’m at my wits end. I feel like this could very well be my issue. In the past I’ve juiced, stopped eating meat, then carbs and diary. But like many I start to feel good an abandon the anti everything gluten and dairy ship. Sorry about the rant but on to why I wanted to post::

The cause of leaky gut and other auto immune diseases. You may know this or you may not, however, in all of my “research” on these diseases, (I came across this by a very old school doctor sorry I cannot remember his name) but I believe that **low stomach acid** is definitely the root cause coupled with candida.

-It starts with low stomach acidity, the h-pylori (bacteria) incomplete digestion of food with resultant absortion of large “undigested macromolecules” into the blood. The blood then produces a widespread antibody response that usually destroys healthy cells which causes … autoimmune diseases that result in malabsorption and vitamin/mineral deficiencies.

The main reason I’m writing this is because VITAMIN U (yep its real) is a powerful healing enzyme that soothes inflammation and corrects the stomach acid. Cabbage – to my knowledge is the only source I’ve found. Please Google cabbage to cure leaky gut, hyperthyroidism (which is what lead me to this discovery) or Google Vitamin U and read about what the enzyme does.

Oh and BTW Arijana my fiance Dino is also from Bosnia. I guess that’s why I really felt the need to post 🙂 hope this helps someone.

Candida90
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 7

Hello Arijana! I came across your post because I found yet again a bunch of small white flat itchy spots on the back of my neck, arms and top half of back. I’ve always suspected candida(bc I’m Italian and LOVE our food) but everyone shrugged me off about it. But here I am again 5 yrs later with spots and almost 10lbs lighter (not to mention I was already small at 5’2 105 lbs now I am at 95lbs. But I’m at my wits end. I feel like this could very well be my issue. In the past I’ve juiced, stopped eating meat, then carbs and diary. But like many I start to feel good an abandon the anti everything gluten and dairy ship. Sorry about the rant but on to why I wanted to post:: The cause of leaky gut and other auto immune diseases. You may know this or you may not, however, in all of my “research” on these diseases, (I came across this by a very old school doctor sorry I cannot remember his name) but I believe that **low stomach acid** is definitely the root cause coupled with candida. -It starts with low stomach acidity, the h-pylori (bacteria) incomplete digestion of food with resultant absortion of large “undigested macromolecules” into the blood. The blood then produces a widespread antibody response that usually destroys healthy cells which causes … autoimmune diseases that result in malabsorption and vitamin/mineral deficiencies. The main reason I’m writing this is because VITAMIN U (yep its real) is a powerful healing enzyme that soothes inflammation and corrects the stomach acid. Cabbage – to my knowledge is the only source I’ve found. Please Google cabbage to cure leaky gut, hyperthyroidism (which is what lead me to this discovery) or Google Vitamin U and read about what the enzyme does. Oh and BTW Arijana my fiance Dino is also from Bosnia. I guess that’s why I really felt the need to post :) hope this helps someone.

I’m italian too and your description of the white small spots match mine perfectly. I have them in my upper neck, shoulders and upper arms.

My dermatologist, who know nothing about candida, tried to eliminate them through laser treatments to no avail. Back then I didn’t know it was candida so I didn’t touch them until a week ago when I started to pour a couple of drops of oregano oil over them. It burned a lot but it seems it improved a little bit. I read that tea tree oil is effective against yeast infections in the skin so it could be a solution.

Anyway my main problems aren’t the skin rashes but the fatigue and brain fog that the candida is creating. Lucky enough I don’t have a leaky gut so it’s the candida in my gut that, releasing toxic wastes, is affecting my brain (through the vagus nerve).

If your candida came back after you restarted eating a normal diet it’s because you have intestinal candida that didn’t go away completely, maybe it just laid dormant and burrowed itself deep in the tissues when it was “attacked” (ie starved) and after you loosen up your diet it came back with vengeance or you simply managed to kill it but when dying it released spores that activated themselves as soon as their energy supply was back.

The explanation of why some people develop a leaky gut is fascinating, there are a couple more I found interesting. The first one is related of candida itself. When it morph form the rizhoids are able to create holes in the intestinal lining that allow everything to enter in the bloodstream. When undigested food particles enter the bloodstream the immune system (located for the most part beneath the intestinal lining) doesn’t recognize them and it starts to attack them creating food allergies.

Another explanation of why people develop leaky gut is from the activation of certain substances. If I remember well the protein zonulin and some others are able to “open” the intestinal lining. I don’t remember the process exactly but there is a book called “10% Human: How your body’s microbes hold the key to health and happiness” which explain the process thoroughly.

Colostrum and l-glutamine seem to repair the holes in the intestinal lining according to some people who have tried them.

Good luck to everybody fighting this damned fungus.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Just saying hello after few years’ is closed to new replies.