Just Hit The Lab Test Jackpot!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Just Hit The Lab Test Jackpot!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Hello everyone, I have been complaining about not being able to find a decent doctor, or get a test done, since I moved overseas last year. Well, I’ve just found an American ND who works with a lab in The Netherlands, (because she used to live here) she’s willing to let me have any test I want from them.

I was hoping someone who knows a little about testing might chime in. I just don’t know which tests to choose.

http://www.europeanlaboratory.nl/

I would like to do a heavy metal test, I’d also like to check my gut flora, and check my leaky gut just because I can.
    I’m not sure which heavy metal test to choose. Is there any reason not to do a Candida Blood test? Not even for fun?

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

Hi Mrs C

I think a test you need to be careful with for heavy metals is the hair mineral analysis. I have had one done and having read more about it, it appears that it is fairly unreliable in giving any definitive answers whatsoever regarding the levels of metals or indeed any mineral in the body. The problem is that the hair is, in essence, evidence only of what the body is excreting. If you show low levels of mercury/copper etc., it might just be that the body is holding onto them.

If you’re going to go ahead with a hair mineral analysis, ensure you have someone who is really experienced with them as there are certain indicators that can show, for instance, accurate copper levels (looking just at the copper column will not suffice). If you’re looking to find out about mercury, I’m not sure that this can be reliably gleaned from the hair mineral analysis at all.

I don’t have any other advice for you on other tests, sorry!

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

mrs.candida;40739 wrote: Hello everyone, I have been complaining about not being able to find a decent doctor, or get a test done, since I moved overseas last year. Well, I’ve just found an American ND who works with a lab in The Netherlands, (because she used to live here) she’s willing to let me have any test I want from them.

I was hoping someone who knows a little about testing might chime in. I just don’t know which tests to choose.

http://www.europeanlaboratory.nl/

I would like to do a heavy metal test, I’d also like to check my gut flora, and check my leaky gut just because I can.
    I’m not sure which heavy metal test to choose. Is there any reason not to do a Candida Blood test? Not even for fun?

Hi Mrs. Candida,

While unfortunately I don’t have the answer for you regarding the exact tests you should be looking for. I have read many sources that indicate the different tests that are available are unreliable. Essentially you won’t be able to say for sure.

You been on the diet for a while. Have you noticed any improvements while on the diet? If you have, then I believe you have your answer regarding Candida. All of the other things such as heavy metals are a byproduct of having Candida. Since we know Candida lowers our immune system capabilities leaving our bodies become more susceptible to heavy metals & parasites.

mrs.candida

Hi Kodaz, thanks for chiming in.

You been on the diet for a while. Have you noticed any improvements while on the diet? If you have, then I believe you have your answer regarding Candida. All of the other things such as heavy metals are a byproduct of having Candida. Since we know Candida lowers our immune system capabilities leaving our bodies become more susceptible to heavy metals & parasites.

Yes, I have almost been on the diet for a year, and yes it has helped me tremendously. I can’t figure out WHY the Candida was allowed to grow so out of control in my body. I was hoping to rule out heavy metals, through testing. I have my reasons narrowed down to 3 possible causes:
    1. lots of fillings from as far back as 1983

2. Immune system is not attacking Candida

3. Born with an enzyme deficiency

I was under the impression that the toxicity comes before the Candida, that the body chooses Candida as a defense against the mercury toxins, because the Candida can bind to it and prevent it from entering the blood stream. Also I have had almost 9 straight months of die off from the forums strict protocol. This makes me think that the killing of the yeast is releasing mercury back into my system.

mrs.candida

cheesy, did you come across any information on the Mercury Saliva test? It seems that could show if mercury is leaking from fillings. Maybe I’ll do both and compair them.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider doing a test that looks at your mineral and vitamin levels. In addition to the other tests you are looking at.

Here are the tests Dr. Mcoombs recommends:
    http://www.candidaplan.com/store/Candida-Testing/

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Just Hit The Lab Test Jackpot!’ is closed to new replies.