Just got the stomach flu, could this be a form of candida die-off?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Just got the stomach flu, could this be a form of candida die-off?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lbrenner800 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lbrenner800
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 8

A little background, I have Candida + Leaky Gut from a background of antibiotics + stress. I was eating a really poor diet back in October, lots of junk food. So a couple of weeks ago I decided to turn it around and got all the stuff I needed to heal my gut. I bought a lot of grass-fed bones, to make bone broth, and a bunch of unpasteurized sauerkraut, kimchi, and kefir. I also got some supplements.

A week and a half ago I started by doing a 3 day coconut oil cleanse, during which I felt some discomfort in my stomach but I pushed through and felt fine at the end. Then I started having all the stuff I mentioned above. I started making bone broth and eating probitiocs. I did this for a week straight, then I added in some prebiotics/antifungals such as onions and oregano oil, along with a digestive enzyme.

Then 2 days ago I got the stomach flu. I first started feeling off right after having a giant bowl of onion bone broth. Then the next day I suddenly got really cold and tired. So I went to sleep and woke up with serious discomfort in my stomach, which I’ve been having on and off for the last day and a half. I haven’t eaten anything during this time, just been drinking water.

Could this be an extreme reaction/die-off as a result of all this stuff I introduced in my diet suddenly? Keep in mind I’d never had bone broth or probiotics or oregano oil or digestive enzymes before. I added a ton of stuff to my diet overnight and maybe it was too much for my system to handle?

Another interesting thing is that in the last few days my stool has become very hard and firm. I’ve actually experienced some constipation trying to push it out, cause my stools used to be very loose and messy, but these stools are so firm I hardly even have to clean up afterwards. Is this a good sign? I notice I feel better after pooing than I used to

myword12345
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 55

I would never do all that at the same time. I try to space each process about 2 weeks a part my self. Like something for anti fungal then 2 weeks latter add the pro botics. Even on that I take it slow on how much I take and build up. Also I switch my anti fungel every 2 weeks so the yeast does not become immune to it. You dont want to over stress your body. Never stop eating and just take water. Even when I feel awful and I cant put another thing in my stomach. Your body is to sick to fast. It needs the nutrients from the food you eat. Your poop should be fluffy that is a healthy poop. Enimas helped me alot getting it out of me has been my goal. I always drink at least 4 to 5 bottled waters a day and always take vit c and add apple cider vinegar to one or 2 of my waters. I would its die off period your body reaction to heal is to eliminate threw a cold fever whatever. It is actually a good sign that your body is trying to heal its self.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It’s hard to say what you are ill with because I am not you. There is a high chance you have a different flora that has overgrown such as parasites, h.pylori, strept, bacteria, microbes, etc. You could have a virus. I just don’t know.

I recently got ill for a few days and same thing happened to me…if you support your liver and keep your digestion flowing, you should feel better typically.

-raster

lbrenner800
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 8

myword12345;51548 wrote: I would never do all that at the same time. I try to space each process about 2 weeks a part my self. Like something for anti fungal then 2 weeks latter add the pro botics. Even on that I take it slow on how much I take and build up. Also I switch my anti fungel every 2 weeks so the yeast does not become immune to it. You dont want to over stress your body. Never stop eating and just take water. Even when I feel awful and I cant put another thing in my stomach. Your body is to sick to fast. It needs the nutrients from the food you eat. Your poop should be fluffy that is a healthy poop. Enimas helped me alot getting it out of me has been my goal. I always drink at least 4 to 5 bottled waters a day and always take vit c and add apple cider vinegar to one or 2 of my waters. I would its die off period your body reaction to heal is to eliminate threw a cold fever whatever. It is actually a good sign that your body is trying to heal its self.

Thanks. I felt so sick that I didn’t eat anything for 3 days, then inevitably when I started eating again I went nuts and had a bunch of foods I shouldn’t have. I’ll definitely take it slower this time and wait a couple of weeks before doing probiotics. I was thinking of doing Apple Cider Vinegar enemas too

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Just got the stomach flu, could this be a form of candida die-off?’ is closed to new replies.