Just got my test results back

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Just got my test results back

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kingc 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

kingc
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

I’d just like to say a big thank you to all the contributors on this website, it makes the complexity of dealing with and treating candida a whole lot more manageable.

I’ve suspected I had a candida problem for some time, I took the questionaire on this website and the one here: http://www.yeastconnection.com/pdf/yeastfullsurv.pdf

Both times I scored very highly, enough to comfortably place me in the “very likely to have yeast connected health problems” area.

A quick rundown of my history and symptoms suggests candida:

Antibiotic use for 3 straight months
    Poor diet with plenty of sugar and high carb foods
    Bloating
    Gas problems
    Severe constipation (usually 5-6 days between bowel movements)
    Brain fog
    Poor attention span
    A craving for sweet stuff
    Acne
    Seborrheic dermatitis
    White coated tongue
    Bad breath even just after cleaning my teeth
    Post-nasal drip
    Bags and dark circles under eyes

With all these symptoms I was certain I had candida but decided to get some lab tests done to be sure. I did a stool test and a mouth swab test, yesterday I got the results back and they said I didn’t have candida.

I’m shocked and depressed by this news. Actually wanting to have candida may be weird but if you know what’s wrong with you at least you can treat it, I’m completely clueless as to what is causing my symptoms now.

Is there any chance these tests could be wrong? If not does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing my symptoms, I’m desperate to heal myself but first I really need to know what is the root cause so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What kind of tests did you do? Did you test for SIBO? What you should be doing is the immune complex test which tells you whether your body is fighting a candida infection via the antibodies found the blood.

Some of these tests can be inconclusive and aren’t the best test to determine what is going on.

As far as your constipation, this is very not good at all. I would try to drink chamomile tea and try out oat bran and/or rutabaga combination in the mornings.

Not everything can be attributed to candida. For instance, here is what some of your problems could be related to that isn’t candida:

Bloating (can be tied to liver health and digestive problems)
    Gas problems (can be tied to deficiencies in stomach acid, could be caused by h.pylori overgrowth)
    Severe constipation (usually 5-6 days between bowel movements) (could be liver or not eating enough)
    Brain fog (liver and brain health)
    Poor attention span (brain health)
    A craving for sweet stuff (bad bacteria and/or yeast wanting to get fed)
    Acne (liver not detoxing)
    Seborrheic dermatitis (liver not detoxing)
    White coated tongue (yeast but could be other stuff)
    Post-nasal drip (allergies caused by inflammation of the gut)
    Bags and dark circles under eyes (liver and kidneys)

If you take any kind of medication this can impair your liver and then this impairs everything else.

-raster

kingc
    Participant

Hi Raster,

Thanks for the reply. I ordered test kit one from this webpage: http://www.candidatest.co.uk/

I was going to order a candia5 home test kit but unfortunately the company seems to have gone out of business.

Thanks for the advice regarding my constipation, I’ll try out your advice.

I forgot to mention in my first post, I took itraconazole for 3 days about a month ago and my Seborrheic dermatitis improved 50% which is astonishing, I’ve tried all the usual shampoos and herbal remedies for my Seborrheic dermatitis and nothing has ever improved my condition by more than 10%. I didn’t have any die off in those three days though.

I decided to research itraconazole after those 3 days and it’s apparently very effective against two funguses, candida and malassezia. I thought malassezia was a fungus that only lived on the skin but I need to do more research on it, maybe it lives in the gut like candida and overgrew. I tried so many topical treatments for my Seborrheic dermatitis and nothing ever came close to working, then the first oral treatment I try leads to significant improvement in 3 days. That can’t be a coincidence, the problem must be internal.

Do you know if malassezia can live in the gut?

raster
    Participant

Looks like a pretty well put together website and is reputable, etc. I tried looking up information about their tests and what they actually test for and have failed to find this information. What you should consider doing next is to test to see if you are allergic to yeast. If you are allergic to yeast this means you cannot fight it properly and thus is a diagnosis. A typical allergist clinic should be able to do this but you’ll likely have to call around. They then can give you allergy shots if desired which cost about $700 US for 6 months of treatment. When combined with the diet it should help. Some people have been cured with this method.

Do you feel bad when you take antifungals?

I wouldn’t rule out SIBO and h.pylori because these often accompany a yeast infection and have similar symptoms.

-raster

kingc
    Participant

Thanks for the advice.

I’m pretty sure from what the woman told me that the test was just looking for the candida fungus and not any antibodies or anything like that.

I once had about seven spoonfuls of virgin coconut oil and felt fatigued and sick afterwards for a few hours but to be honest I haven’t taken many oral antifungals before.

The possibility of SIBO is interesting, would I be right in saying the treatment for that would be very similar to a candida treatment plan? Similar diet and antifungals but maybe without the probiotics (I read that they can contribute to SIBO but other people said that was false so who knows).

raster
    Participant

A sibo treatment is a bit different where you take digestive enzymes and other different supplements to address it. You also have to improve the digestion, etc. Some people just take antibiotics to address it and I think this is not the best way to get better imo.

I would consider other tests since you have many of the symptoms or just start the diet and consult a professional on how to get better. It takes a long term commitment and financial commitment to get better. You sever constipation can cause more problems than just candida so I would do whatever you can to a address this problem. Drink plenty of water too.

-raster

EthanT
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

You probably want to get tested via blood for candida. I was tested via the Meridian Labs food allergy test that included a Candida Test. Came out positive.

A bit before that I also came out negative on a comprehensive stool test, but apparently false negatives are common because the Candida can “stick” to the intestinal walls.

Anyhow, I wouldn’t rule out Candida until you get a blood test.

EthanT
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

Oh I also had Seborrheic dermatitis , but it has vastly improved since eliminating most grains ( still eat Amaranth, Quinoa, Buckwheat and occasionally Millet, but all in moderation) and treating the Candida. Still there a little, but it is so much better now.

kingc
    Participant

Thanks Ethan for your input.

I’ve found a place to test for candida via blood so I’ll be doing that soon, I’m also planning to clean up my diet considerably and I’ll take your advice on grains onboard.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Just got my test results back’ is closed to new replies.