Just got my metametrix results back…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Just got my metametrix results back…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  impossible 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

I got a GI panel done by metametrix. I was almost 100% positive I’ve had/have candida. I’ve been on a good diet for a while now, 6+ months. Doing everything I can possibly think of to treat yeast overgrowth after battling a bad c.diff infection and taking multiple long courses of flagyl/metronizadole/amoxacillin/clindamycin/tetracycline/accutane/difficid (yep I did some serious damage before i knew how bad antibiotics were).

I have been feeling a lot better lately, but still not 100%. My energy levels are a bit low still and I have bad anxiety. I also have oral Thrush all the time. But compared to my symptoms before this is NOTHING.

Everything was pretty normal in my results except there was an overgrowth of Saccharomyces. I’ve been taking the Saccharomyces (10bil cfu per day) to help battle the candida, so I’m not sure if this was the strain detected, or if it was some non-beneficial strain.

I am not really sure which direction to go now to work on the fatigue/anxiety

I attached my report hopefully someone can give me some direction to go in?
    Thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well it sounds like you have things fairly under control…and one of things it shows is which antifungals you shouldn’t take any more.

How do you feel and how do you feel when you cheat?

-raster

Tdog333

raster;53659 wrote: Well it sounds like you have things fairly under control…and one of things it shows is which antifungals you shouldn’t take any more.

How do you feel and how do you feel when you cheat?

-raster

I feel okay most of the time, wayyyy better than i was at 8-9 months ago, and even much better than 2-3 months ago. I eat high carbs now every day basically. 2 Cups of oat bran a day, and sometimes a plate of rice and lentils on top of that. Don’t really cheat other than that though, pumpkin seeds sometimes, nuts sometimes but they make me feel a bit groggy if i eat a lot, maybe some berries+fruit and beans/refried beans.

I’m apprehensive about trying other stuff. I don’t want to end up where I was so the only cheat foods I eat are pretty mild cheats. I don’t want to eat any junk food, I’ve lost all of my cravings for sugar and sweets which is good.

I still do have trouble eating some foods, like raw veggies and salads. Still trying to heal my thyroid/adrenals I think. I can’t handle stress as well as I could before I got sick, when something gets stressful i get minor anxiety attacks now which never used to happen when I was healthy.
    If I could just get rid of the low energy levels and anxiety things would be great, but I’m grateful for how far I’ve come

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

I got a GI panel done by metametrix. I was almost 100% positive I’ve had/have candida. I’ve been on a good diet for a while now, 6+ months. Doing everything I can possibly think of to treat yeast overgrowth after battling a bad c.diff infection and taking multiple long courses of flagyl/metronizadole/amoxacillin/clindamycin/tetracycline/accutane/difficid (yep I did some serious damage before i knew how bad antibiotics were).

I have been feeling a lot better lately, but still not 100%. My energy levels are a bit low still and I have bad anxiety. I also have oral Thrush all the time. But compared to my symptoms before this is NOTHING.

Everything was pretty normal in my results except there was an overgrowth of Saccharomyces. I’ve been taking the Saccharomyces (10bil cfu per day) to help battle the candida, so I’m not sure if this was the strain detected, or if it was some non-beneficial strain.

I am not really sure which direction to go now.

I attached my report hopefully someone can give me some direction to go in?
    Thanks!

Question : Were you taking S. Boulardii during the days you sent the sample to the lab ??

If so, this is the overgrowth they detected. It takes some times to clear from the gut. They are transient organisms.

Jorge.

Tdog333

Question : Were you taking S. Boulardii during the days you sent the sample to the lab ??

If so, this is the overgrowth they detected. It takes some times to clear from the gut. They are transient organisms.

Jorge.

On the first day of the collection I was (it was a 3 day collection) So i bet it was still hanging around in there.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

This seemed really comprehensive, how did you know which tests to take?

Id love to have something similar done, I cant imagine the relief of knowing which antifungals are helping, and which ones are just costing you money.
    I also watched a health vid today on taking too many probiotics, which I didnt know was possible.

Thanks for sharing,I didnt know stuff like this existed since the doc doesnt bring it up.

Tdog333

Vegan Catlady;53687 wrote: This seemed really comprehensive, how did you know which tests to take?

Id love to have something similar done, I cant imagine the relief of knowing which antifungals are helping, and which ones are just costing you money.
    I also watched a health vid today on taking too many probiotics, which I didnt know was possible.

Thanks for sharing,I didnt know stuff like this existed since the doc doesnt bring it up.

The test I took was the metametrix GI panel i ordered it through dr. mccombs(that way i didn’t need to go through a physician physically)
    http://www.candidaplan.com/store/Candida-Testing/

He has a few tests in that link there you can select from. It was pretty easy to get done.

Haha yeah i know what you mean, the DR will just run a very specific test looking for high levels of the nastiest stuff. It’s nice to have a test with much more built in.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Looks really good, doesnt get any better than that. Good Job!

Vegan Catlady;53687 wrote:

Most of the time they arent able to culture yeast/fungal species and do that test. Just thought you might like to know in case its a deciding factor for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Just got my metametrix results back…’ is closed to new replies.