Just Exhausted

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  HappenNow 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

HappenNow
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

Hi Everyone.

Looking to gain a little support.

I just started a *true* candida cleanse yesterday (I was eating a lot of nuts and seeds before which I don’t think I do well with) after going to a few colon hydrotherapy treatments where TONS of yeast came out.

I’ve always been what i thought to be a healthy eater focusing on fruits and veggies, a love of vinagre and fermented foods (yeast central!) but no processed foods really to speak of. I’ve always been a calorie counter and exercise nut but despite this have packed on 10 pounds in the last few months (and was alerted to adrenal fatigue, sluggish thyroid, lymphatic congestion and HIGH cortisol levels — which I’m guessing is because of the candida). The eat less exercise more equation doesn’t seem to be adding up to weight loss for me.

I really want to lose this weight but I have NO energy at all. I don’t know if it’s better to rest or push through. I force myself to go for walks, yoga and bike rides but am usually exhausted ALL of the time (when I used to just drink a coffee and head to the gym for an hour no problem). I don’t know if i should wait or just keep pushing.

Do you think I’ll be able to lose fat and keep some of my muscle through this process? I barely want to see anyone right now with the way I look and I feel really bummed out (eating out is a challenge and drinking is off limits so I feel alienated from my super social circle).

Any advice on how to get the energy levels up? Any experience with weight loss with minimal exercise?

I’m really frustrated and don’t know what to do. I’m hoping to get some light at the end of the tunnel!

love,
    HN

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you get proper nutrition you won’t have to eat a larger amount of food for the same amount of energy, so basically this diet will help your energy levels in the long term. If you supplement your deficiencies with plenty of vitamins and nutrients, you should be giving your body what it needs.

I also would not push yourself by doing too much exercise; the single most important thing you need to get better is plenty of rest and sleep. I would limit yourself to long walks only and not push yourself any more than that.

As you start killing the yeast your body should start losing some weight in general. Keep in mind our body is like 80%+ water.

Your energy reserve levels take a long time to recover; for me it took about a year.

Hope this helps.

-raster

Ariel Andersen
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

This is my first post and feel the pain of newbie HN. I cut wheat out of my already limited diet (no dairy, soy, egg, oatmeal, chocolate) and feel like I’ve given up so much already I don’t know if I can do the complete no yeast diet. But I’ve known for years that yeast is my problem and I’m 54 and feel bad much of the time and don’t want to go into old age without ever having felt great for more than a few weeks at a time. Keep trying HN! Please give me any advice you experienced no-yeasters have to give to us new overwhelmed members. Thanks and I’m glad I’ve found you all!

HappenNow

Hi Raster — Thanks for the reply. I’m juicing green veggies and eating a TON of them it seems. The green veg is the base of my diet now. As well as trying to incorporate coconut oil, maybe a couple of tablespoons of coconut flour to make zucchini pancakes in the morning (yeast, dairy and sugar free of course) and a couple servings of chicken or turkey breast as well as a sprinkling of fresh lemon juice, garlic, and onions. I take a bunch of vitamins and supplements too but I am ZONKED. I barely want to leave the house so hopefully the yeast dies off in the next couple of weeks so I can maintain some of my relationships! I do do long walks (and yoga… I’m a teacher) so good to know I’m on the right track there at least. I do miss busting it out at the gym and worry sometimes that the fat won’t come off unless I’m there 5x a week (I think I’ve been brainwashed!) but I’d rather get the underlying causes sorted out than overdo it. you’re right.

Ariel — You can do it! I know you can! you just need to find some alternatives if you’re having a hard time giving up the carbs. I never ate much carbohydrate to begin with except fruit and beans but honestly I NEED to get rid of this problem and seeing the yeast come out was such an eye opener. Is it safe for you to get colon hydrotherapy? That’s what I did and I saw a whole colony that lived in my gut. That was enough for me and I felt a lot better after 2 treatments (even if only for a few days) Have you looking at the coconut bread recipe? That with a teeny bit of some coconut butter is completely delicious say most people on the forum.

I’m just telling people I have an intestinal infection now to try and deal with the social awkwardness of ordering at the restaurant and feeling generally like a social outcast… so much of our culture revolves around sharing meals and most of the time I’m embarrassed.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Another thing you could do as an alternative to exercise is sweating out the toxins via the skin…by doing a hot tub, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, etc. This will detox the body from the yeast reducing die-off, and it can help with weight loss as well.

Plan on a 6-18 month recovery period to get over candida; consider it on par with other major diseases such as MONO, strep, HIV, cancer, etc. except the recovery time is faster.

-raster

Ms T
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 22

Hi, HN.

YES!! I think you can definitely lose fat and gain muscle during this process. However, it takes time, and you may need to allow yourself a rest period while your body goes through the major part of the die-off. (If you go the anti-fungal route, make sure to start with the chelated Molybdenum for a few days prior. Major mistake I made was not doing this.)

I train physcially in some form almost daily — whether it’s for strength, speed, metabolic resistance, or flexibility. I am also a certified kettlebell instructor, and although it’s not my primary source of income, it is something I am passionate about. And I lift fairly heavy for a female.

I hit a wall where all my training was reaching a point of diminishing returns. I just wasn’t getting any stronger or faster.

Any good coach will tell you that nearly every athlete hits this point at some time or another. It may be due to some of the factors you mentioned — adrenal fatigue, elevated cortisol, or any number of others. What do you at that point? You de-load, that is, you take it easy, and/or you try something else.

Give yourself permission to take it easy. Sounds cliche but listen to what your body is telling you.

I’ve only been on the anti-Candida diet and anti-fungals for six weeks, but I took a respite from training during the first 2 to 3 weeks because my die off was so severe. I couldn’t sleep, my entire body ached. When I resumed training, I felt this odd mix of being slightly weaker, but knowing that my body was somehow functioning better and I had the ability to get even stronger than I was before.

Prior to starting this process (diet and anti-fungals), I was never really fat because of my activity level, I did eat better than the average American, but my sugar cravings were off the charts. I think my cortisol levels had also been elevated for some time. And I think a major source of the Candida for me is that for several years I lived in a house filled with mold (ugh).

It’s much too early for me to say that I am “cured,” but I already feel much better, so much stronger, and so much more capable of taking my body to a new level of athletic performance. I have dropped almost 15 lbs effortlessly, I am gaining muscle, and I am moving better than ever before. And I enjoy the process of thinking about how what I put into my mouth is nourishing my body (or not).

So… YES…my answer to you is YES, you can lose fat and gain muscle, and you may have to take a step back to get there.

I hope this helps.

T

HappenNow

Thanks for this Ms T. For the past 2 months I’ve had a REALLY hard time getting to the gym consistently — it seems that whenever I go I get sick after or extremely tired (when I used to down a cup of coffee and go for an hour 6 days a week) and feel relatively great. I’ve put on some weight and I’m just desperate to look like myself again (even though I’d still be considered “normal” weight) , do the sports I loved doing, and having some energy. Definitely understand the “wall” that you’re talking about. My legs just ache.

I guess in the meantime i’ll just keep eating my green veg with coconut oil and chicken, walking and doing yoga as much as my body allows and try not to get too down on myself about it. i just want to know that this will turn around and I’ll get my body back.

If you have any tips on workouts that are appropriate or ways to get a little energy I’d love to hear about it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Just Exhausted’ is closed to new replies.