Julian Bakery Paleo Bread

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Julian Bakery Paleo Bread

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kjones02 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kytimes
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I’ve been on the candida diet for 7 weeks now and am following it strictly, but I’d like to try frozen paleo bread made by the Julian Bakery. It has a coconut and almond bread that includes apple cider vinegar as an ingredient, which can be good or bad for a compromised GI system. This site says only unfiltered apple cider vinegar is ok. Can anyone tell me if you’ve tried this bread and how it has affected you. Here’s the list of ingredients: Purified Water, Blanched Almond Flour, Organic Coconut Flour, Egg Whites, Psyllium, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Baking Soda.

NiuBlau
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 39

I went to their website. The bread looks good, but $7,99?

Maybe You should start making Your own coconut bread.

Considering the kind of company they are, I’m sure they use unfiltered organic ACV.

But again, when You make it Yourself You know exactly what’s in it.

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

I concur; I really make my own bread anymore. I really don’t trust a lot of breads and crackers out there anymore, I don’t see yeast in the ingredients, but I know a lot of them do on the market today. I know arrowroot is not on the strict diet, but I made this bread the other day, and I thought it turned out great (tasty; I made a cucumber sandwich the other night from it.), sort of similar to this bread. I was trying to find a more low-carb, paleo bread to try. I used egg whites; I hate too many eggs sometimes, and putting some unsweetened applesauce does not affect me on things just for flavor in recipes; not too much sugar, etc. This recipe comes out very low-carb, only 4.2 and 60 calories per 16th of a slice. Here it is!

INGREDIENTS

1/2 c Coconut Flour

1/2 c Ground Flax

1/4 c Arrowroot Flour

1.5 t Baking Soda

1/2 t Salt

1.5 c Egg Whites (you can also use 6 whole eggs)

1/2 c Applesauce

1 T Apple Cider Vinegar

INSTRUCTIONS

Whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the egg whites and applesauce and combine well–no lumps! Let the batter sit for 5 minutes. Stir in the apple cider vinegar.

Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.

Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Julian Bakery Paleo Bread’ is closed to new replies.