Jorge's Protocol

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Jorge's Protocol

This topic contains 25 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  bekred 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #118405

    bekred
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 16

    Hello! Is there anyone that is familiar with and can explain to me Jorge’s protocol? (Diet, s boullardi, antifungals both prescription and non, and probiotics) or is there a place somewhere on this site where he outlines exactly what he has done? Thank you so much!!

    #118406

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

    bekred;56926 wrote: Hello! Is there anyone that is familiar with and can explain to me Jorge’s protocol? (Diet, s boullardi, antifungals both prescription and non, and probiotics) or is there a place somewhere on this site where he outlines exactly what he has done? Thank you so much!!

    What is your case ?? I can explain you using my experience what I think is your best path.

    Did you take antibiotics ?? Do you have intestinal symptoms ??

    I haven’t followed any specific protocol but done a lot of things since 2008. All you can imagine. I had a very serious and difficult case to deal with that almost kills me.

    Jorge.

    #118423

    bekred
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 16

    Thank you for your response Jorge! So here is my story:
    In May of 2012 I was 8 1/2 months pregnant and got a terrible chest infection I just couldn’t kick. I do not take antibiotics very often, but I felt like it was necessary in this case. A couple weeks later when I gave birth I had to have antibiotics in an iv, because I tested positive for Strep B. Unfortunately I wasn’t very wise and did not take probiotics; I thought drinking kefir would be sufficient. Shortly after the birth I started to have terribly itchy patches under my breasts. I would itch to the point it would bleed. I also got itchy bumps on my knees. My midwife gave me a prescription for diflucan. The symptoms went away, but then came right back. I did a second dose with the same result. The last straw for me was when I started getting horrible rectal itching. (Eww- I know, TMI) I started researching on the internet. I started a diet and probiotics and natural antifungals. The original diet I found somewhere on the internet was much less strict and I changed it part way through. I was still nursing my baby and even after I changed the diet I was eating brown rice and berries. After maybe 3 months the symptoms went away completely. (That is, all of the major symptoms. I have had post nasal drip for years.) Not long after that we went through some stressful times with job changes and moving, with our four small children. I started to stress eat and went back to old habit of feeling like I needed a treat (usually chocolate) every night after dinner. Needless to say, the symptoms returned. Well actually the only symptoms besides the post nasal are the terrible rectal itching and the bloated gassy stomach and foul smelling gas. I began the diet again, but a bit stricter this time. (I actually never even found the forums until this go around.) I wasn’t doing berries and brown rice and beans this time. I have been on the diet for 3 1/2 months, but started to get discouraged and started eating a bit of brown rice, berries, and beans again just the last 2 weeks. I have been taking the probiotics and antifungals Lisa recommends on the website. However, recently I ran out of that probiotic and started taking the Threelac I took in the past. I also recently saw my midwife and she gave me a prescription for diflucan (6 100 mg pills) and a cream to use on the affected area last week. I haven’t started any of these because I was actually hoping to talk to you first about it. (I have read a bit of what you have written in the past on here.) I would really, really appreciate your advice! Thank you! Rebekah

    #118424

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

    bekred;56944 wrote: Thank you for your response Jorge! So here is my story:
    In May of 2012 I was 8 1/2 months pregnant and got a terrible chest infection I just couldn’t kick. I do not take antibiotics very often, but I felt like it was necessary in this case. A couple weeks later when I gave birth I had to have antibiotics in an iv, because I tested positive for Strep B. Unfortunately I wasn’t very wise and did not take probiotics; I thought drinking kefir would be sufficient. Shortly after the birth I started to have terribly itchy patches under my breasts. I would itch to the point it would bleed. I also got itchy bumps on my knees. My midwife gave me a prescription for diflucan. The symptoms went away, but then came right back. I did a second dose with the same result. The last straw for me was when I started getting horrible rectal itching. (Eww- I know, TMI) I started researching on the internet. I started a diet and probiotics and natural antifungals. The original diet I found somewhere on the internet was much less strict and I changed it part way through. I was still nursing my baby and even after I changed the diet I was eating brown rice and berries. After maybe 3 months the symptoms went away completely. (That is, all of the major symptoms. I have had post nasal drip for years.) Not long after that we went through some stressful times with job changes and moving, with our four small children. I started to stress eat and went back to old habit of feeling like I needed a treat (usually chocolate) every night after dinner. Needless to say, the symptoms returned. Well actually the only symptoms besides the post nasal are the terrible rectal itching and the bloated gassy stomach and foul smelling gas. I began the diet again, but a bit stricter this time. (I actually never even found the forums until this go around.) I wasn’t doing berries and brown rice and beans this time. I have been on the diet for 3 1/2 months, but started to get discouraged and started eating a bit of brown rice, berries, and beans again just the last 2 weeks. I have been taking the probiotics and antifungals Lisa recommends on the website. However, recently I ran out of that probiotic and started taking the Threelac I took in the past. I also recently saw my midwife and she gave me a prescription for diflucan (6 100 mg pills) and a cream to use on the affected area last week. I haven’t started any of these because I was actually hoping to talk to you first about it. (I have read a bit of what you have written in the past on here.) I would really, really appreciate your advice! Thank you! Rebekah

    I think you need to follow an anti-candida diet as close as possible. I would be lower than 80g of carbohydrates the first 15 days. You are a very good candidate to try S. Boulardii ( 3 or 4 capsules a day ) Don’t take any antifungal when using S. Boulardii.
    It is my opinion you will need some enemas to speed your recover. Clear water enemas plus a retention enema with S. Boulardii. I mean, do 2 or 3 rounds of clear water enemas enough to evacuate the colon. (as clean as possible) then, prepare an enema fleet bottle with 4 ounces of water and an S. Boulardii capsule. Insert this solution in the colon and try to hold it as much as possible, until the next day, if possible.

    I mean you have to research a little bit about how to do an enema and apply it.
    I did the same reading Enemas and Colonic websites. You should try it for at least 2 months. Do the enemas 3 times a week and respect the diet.

    Jorge.

    #118425

    TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

    Just cutting in here to ask how you would hold the enema in?

    Would it leak out slowly (meaning you need incontinence pads), or is it just using muscles to prevent leakage?
    I am considering this, and don’t want to have wet patches forming on my clothes.

    #118426

    bekred
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 16

    So when you say to follow the diet closely are you you referring to Lisa’s diet on the website or to Raster and Able’s more restrictive recommendations? Do you think quinoa and buckwheat are ok? Where do you purchase the s boullardi? Amazon? What about the difflucan and other prescription antifungals? It seems like maybe I have read something you said about taking those as well at some point? Thank you again!

    #118428

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

    bekred;56947 wrote: So when you say to follow the diet closely are you you referring to Lisa’s diet on the website or to Raster and Able’s more restrictive recommendations? Do you think quinoa and buckwheat are ok? Where do you purchase the s boullardi? Amazon? What about the difflucan and other prescription antifungals? It seems like maybe I have read something you said about taking those as well at some point? Thank you again!

    There are many things you can take, many combinations. My view about your case tell me your best bet is S. Boulardii. Amazon, Vitamin Shoppe,etc. I don’t recommend buckwheat or quinoa to begin the diet. You need to consider it yourself knowing what is your limit with the diet. The first 15 days should be very restricted.

    I can not say what will be your response to it. It is only a suggestion. I have seen people improving dramatically with S. Boulardii, enemas, and diet.

    Jorge

    #118429

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

    TheXtremisT;56946 wrote: Just cutting in here to ask how you would hold the enema in?

    Would it leak out slowly (meaning you need incontinence pads), or is it just using muscles to prevent leakage?
    I am considering this, and don’t want to have wet patches forming on my clothes.

    No, it won’t leak.

    Jorge.

    #118430

    bekred
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 16

    Thank you! Do you take a probiotic as well as the s boullardi? If so, which one do you recommend?

    #118431

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

    bekred;56951 wrote: Thank you! Do you take a probiotic as well as the s boullardi? If so, which one do you recommend?

    I suggest you to leave the S. Boulardii alone. Later, if you have success with it, you can take any multi-strain pharmaceutical probiotic. To be honest, I am not too fan to lab probiotics.

    Jorge.

    #118432

    Tdog333
    Member
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

    Jorge, what research have you seen about balancing TH1 TH2 Cytokines. What supplements have you seen that return cell mediated immunity? Thanks.

    #118434

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

    Tdog333;56953 wrote: Jorge, what research have you seen about balancing TH1 TH2 Cytokines. What supplements have you seen that return cell mediated immunity? Thanks.

    Here you have an explanation and supplements that helps.

    Cimetidine is probably the best immune-modulator I am aware of. Zinc is also important.

    http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/diagnosis/cheneyis.html

    Cimetidine :

    Case report: successful treatment with cimetidine and zinc sulphate in chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis.
    Polizzi B, Origgi L, Zuccaro G, Matti P, Scorza R.
    Source
    Institute of Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease and Immunopathology, Univerity of Milan, Italy.
    Abstract
    The authors evaluated the clinical efficacy of a treatment with cimetidine and zinc sulphate in a patient with chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis. Cimetidine was given at a dose of 400 mg three times daily; zinc sulphate at a dose of 200 mg daily, then adjusted to maintain blood zinc levels at the upper normal range. This treatment lasted 16 months. An impressive and significant reduction of the infectious events and an increased CD4 (helper/inducer) cell counts were observed. The authors conclude that this combined immunopotentiating treatment is safe and inexpensive to treat immunodeficiency disorders.

    [Cell-mediated immune function in NPC patients treated with cimetidine].
    [Article in Chinese]
    Zeng P, Xiao J, Lei Y.
    Source
    Third Affiliated Hospital, Hunan Medical University, Changsha.
    Abstract
    Cimetidine (CMD), an H2 receptor antagonist, was used in combination with radiation for the treatment of patirnts with nasopharyngeal cancer (NPC). In patients treated with radiotherapy alone, there was an increase in the number of CD4+ T cells and in NK cell activity. In patients received combined treatment of radiation and CMD, in addition, there was a decrease in CD8+ T cells with an increase in CD4/CD8 ratio and an increase in IL-2 production. The NK cell activity was also stronger in the latter group. The results suggest that CMD helps restore cell-mediated immunity in NPC patients radiation treated.

    Summary
    The effect of cimetidine, a histamine H2-receptor antagonist, on the immune system in man was investigated in 11 healthy volunteers. Cimetidine was administered orally in daily doses of 800 mg for a period of 7 days. At the end of the administration period the number of peripheral CD8+ (cytotoxic/suppressor) cells had diminished significantly (P<0.05) along with a corresponding increase in the CD4+ (helper/inducer): CD8+ (cytotoxic/suppressor) cell ratio (P<0.01). Compared with pretreatment values, a significant in vitro blastogenic response to mitogen stimulation with concanavalin A (P<0.005), phytohemagglutinin (P<0.01), and pokeweed mitogen (P<0.05) was observed in lymphocytes of volunteers after cimetidine intake. The cell-mediated hypersensitivity as assessed by skin testing of seven recall antigens was also enhanced significantly (P<0.001). Using Spearman's coefficient of correlation to compare mitogen-stimulation tests and skin tests of delayed hypersensitivity to the CD4+:CD8+ ratio, yielded a positive correlation (r=0.89;r=0.85, respectively). These effects were reversible 96 h after the last cimetidine dose. In contrast, leukocytes, total T lymphocytes (CD2+, CD3+), CD4+ (helper/inducer) cells, natural killer cells (Leu7+), immunoglobulins, and total complement, C3, C4 were unaffected by cimetidine administration.

    Cimetidine augments Th1/Th2 dual polarized immune responses to recombinant HBV antigens.
    Zhang W, Wang J, Su B, Li R, Ding Z, Kang Y, Wang B.
    Source
    State Key Laboratories of Agro-biotechnology, College of Biological Science, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, China.
    Abstract
    Cimetidine (CIM) is a histamine H2 receptor inverse agonist used primarily as an anti-stomach acids drug, but recent studies showed that it may also modulate immune responses. To evaluate its potential usefulness as an adjuvant, we determined its immune modulating effects on subunit immunization using an HBV-derived recombinant protein antigen rHBsAg. CIM activated the PI3K-Akt signaling pathway in DCs. As an adjuvant, it activated immunogenic DCs, deactivated tolerogenic T cells (nTreg), and augmented both Th1- and Th2-polarlized immune responses to rHBsAg. As a result, it enhanced both antibody- and cytotoxic T cell-mediated immune responses. Importantly, in comparison with the FDA-approved human adjuvant alum, CIM is superior in its ability to block IL-10 up-regulation and potentiate Th1/Th2 dual polarization. These results suggest that CIM may be a better adjuvant for therapeutic vaccines against chronic viral infection, such as the HBV infection, where dual polarization should allow more effective elimination of infected host cells.

    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm28541_Cimetidine-Tagamet.aspx

    #118435

    Tdog333
    Member
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

    Thanks Jorge! I am taking transfer factor right now and plan on taking Equilibrant and Pine cone bark extract too. I believe my candida is gone, but I think I have a double stranded RNA virus in my tissue, some sort of enterovirus. I will look into cimetadine more, I would take it now but I need to understand it’s effects on HCl first, since I have some trouble with low gastric PH already.

    #118439

    jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

    I’ve been experimenting with cimetidine. It seems to help with histamine overload and brain fog. It is an anti-acid so best taken away from meals. Only worked with it short term and used it occasionally. Going to see if it can work long term.

    #118440

    bekred
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 16

    Thank you Jorge! Do you think Lisa’s diet would be sufficient for me, or do you recommend i follow the more restrictive diet?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Jorge's Protocol’ is closed to new replies.