Jo*jo

This topic contains 22 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Jo*Jo 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

Yes.. its a long time but i’m expecting to do this long again, if not more. At one point before I started, I naively thought it would take a month. HA! if only. I get my probiotics from Amazon UK usually and if not then Luxe BC, who are also on Amazon. There’s also a shop I ordered from once called Organic2yourdoor where I got my first bottle from (MegaFlora). The 80 billion ones are these.

What I hate the most, is being different. When we all sit around a table and people look at me and wonder why i’m not eating the same. Even if i’ve explained why. I’m kind of used to it a bit because before the diet I went gluten free but even so.. Last month i got asked if i was on “this funny diet to loose weight”. That really did it for me. I’ve lost lost loads of weight on this, although it stabilised a few months ago. But I am so not doing this for vanity!

But anyway i’m not complaining because what has improved so far has changed my life so much.

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

Good for you, Jo Jo, for sticking with it. I hear you, though. I thought I would be on stage 2 at 6 months and am currently planning to wait until about 8 months. However, like you, if my symptoms have not almost completely gone away, I may push to 10 months, and so forth. But agreed…the diet is no fun! I miss the social stuff the most. I purposely avoid all social gatherings because it is so difficult. That’s amazing you got rid of your vaginal yeast problems! So are they completely gone? I still have issues with itching, especially during my period, but it’s been better, but I’m definitely not 100%…

Castiel
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

Thanks for the link Jojo. Very expensive for me since I’ve got £100 to spare on this (inc. antifungals), but some of the alternatives on the link are outstanding choices. I’m checking out the LuxeBec company on Amazon right now.

Some people are just strange. Even though they know your problems, they continue to wonder why you’re eating differently. They probably weren’t listening the first time. I tend to say to everyone it’ll probably take a year to sort out, so they all know what to expect. It does get frustrating when I look at people and wonder ‘why haven’t you got this problem?’ as they stuff into their eighth chocolate bar of the day and then rinsing it down with their third can of Coke.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I just want to state that if you do cheat for one meal, it likely will only set you back 1-3 days or so or more depending on how constipated you get. If you get “sick” from the meal, then you could be set back 1-2 weeks (this happens if constipated).

If you support your liver, chew your food, take the nox vomica, and drink lots of water and take your supplements, you should be completely ok.

After 6 months on the diet I cheated for a week straight (once a day) when I went on vacation and this barely set me back at all.

At the 1 year mark I went on my honeymoon and cheated every single day every single meal and was only set back about 2 (+/-) weeks while on a 7 day vacation.

Hope this gives you a good general timeline to expect.

I cheat about once a month now and I only get a little constipated for about 2-3 days and then I’m good to go. I went and saw the hobbit movie and ate at the theatre (luxurious movie theatre) and got a hamburger and fries. No reaction and I don’t feel worse, just constipated. Sorta had to eat there, no other option!

The main thing to worry about is the food reactions from my perspective and don’t cheat on those foods too much (in other words don’t overdo desert, dairy, etc.)

-raster

Jo*Jo

yisucks;31405 wrote:

Good for you, Jo Jo, for sticking with it. I hear you, though. I thought I would be on stage 2 at 6 months and am currently planning to wait until about 8 months. However, like you, if my symptoms have not almost completely gone away, I may push to 10 months, and so forth. But agreed…the diet is no fun! I miss the social stuff the most. I purposely avoid all social gatherings because it is so difficult. That’s amazing you got rid of your vaginal yeast problems! So are they completely gone? I still have issues with itching, especially during my period, but it’s been better, but I’m definitely not 100%…

No i dont think its 100% gone just yet but very nearly. Good luck 🙂

Jo*Jo

Castiel;31407 wrote: Thanks for the link Jojo. Very expensive for me since I’ve got £100 to spare on this (inc. antifungals), but some of the alternatives on the link are outstanding choices. I’m checking out the LuxeBec company on Amazon right now.

Some people are just strange. Even though they know your problems, they continue to wonder why you’re eating differently. They probably weren’t listening the first time. I tend to say to everyone it’ll probably take a year to sort out, so they all know what to expect. It does get frustrating when I look at people and wonder ‘why haven’t you got this problem?’ as they stuff into their eighth chocolate bar of the day and then rinsing it down with their third can of Coke.

You’re welcome. I agree its very expensive. I cant believe how much I spend on this diet and for this reason alone, it cant go on forever.

Jo*Jo

raster;31411 wrote: I just want to state that if you do cheat for one meal, it likely will only set you back 1-3 days or so or more depending on how constipated you get. If you get “sick” from the meal, then you could be set back 1-2 weeks (this happens if constipated).

If you support your liver, chew your food, take the nox vomica, and drink lots of water and take your supplements, you should be completely ok.

After 6 months on the diet I cheated for a week straight (once a day) when I went on vacation and this barely set me back at all.

At the 1 year mark I went on my honeymoon and cheated every single day every single meal and was only set back about 2 (+/-) weeks while on a 7 day vacation.

Hope this gives you a good general timeline to expect.

I cheat about once a month now and I only get a little constipated for about 2-3 days and then I’m good to go. I went and saw the hobbit movie and ate at the theatre (luxurious movie theatre) and got a hamburger and fries. No reaction and I don’t feel worse, just constipated. Sorta had to eat there, no other option!

The main thing to worry about is the food reactions from my perspective and don’t cheat on those foods too much (in other words don’t overdo desert, dairy, etc.)

-raster

Thanks Raster, I was hoping you’d say something like this. I definitely plan to do everything you said (ie support your liver, chew your food, take the nox vomica, and drink lots of water and take your supplements) but i still dont think i’ll go as mad as i said i would in my opening post. Although really it’ll depend on my mood on the day.

Jo*Jo

I thought i’d say how i’ve been getting on.

On Christmas Day i had some gammon and a small amount of bacon. Plus stuffing made from (among other things) sesame seeds and millet. I didnt have anything else that wasnt on Able and Rasters diet from stage 1.

Prior to this i had suspected that i may react to millet but as a one off i thought i’d risk it.

Anyway whilst eating i had a bit of a fuzzy head and for a few minutes i felt strange around my chest but both soon went away. I had no digestion problems or tummy pains or anything else and was taking antifungals, chewing well and drinking plenty of water as planned.

Symptoms I was left with:
    * a white tongue, which was tingling and the tingling went away after a few days. Oral hrush still remains
    * I felt itchy down below again, along with an itchy nipple – both being the first time in months. The vaginal thrush has gone but the itchy nipple remains, on and off

This past week I had some stomach pain which once came after taking 80 billion probiotics on an empty stomach (as usual) and once after SF722 on an empty stomach (as usual)

So basically my main problem has been oral thrush which still hasnt gone. Just for the little I cheated on and the symptoms i’m still experiencing, it definitely was not worth it. After 8 months and before Christmas i still hadnt fully got rid of the oral thrush and now i wonder how much longer this will take. I only have myself to blame, of course.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Jo*jo’ is closed to new replies.