I've made a decision.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I've made a decision.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

immunetroubles
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 26

I’ve been doing some research and have made a decision. I woke up this morning having decided to remove the 8 or so amalgam fillings from my teeth, using a Dentist who is accomplished in mercury safe methods. I know doing this will not be the complete answer for me, but I’m fairly convinced it’s a part of the reason why I haven’t been able to battle the parasite I’ve had for 7 years, and the candida infestation I’ve had for at least 2 years. I also plan to keep to the diet, and the total protocol set forth in this forum. I have to, it’s the only thing that has offered relief from my symptoms. I think with people who have developed major sensitivities to foods and other things, or who have immune issues, a multi-pronged approach is the best approach

I have an immune deficiency, and it makes sense to me, that after many years of an ongoing infection, my body has become highly sensitized to all toxins. That includes the mercury/poison in my teeth. The research I’ve read indicates that even the ADA is inching closer to declaring mercury in fillings to be unsafe, or at least a problem for certain people (hmmmm perhaps those with immune deficiencies??)
    Every sufferer’s case is different, and has to be approached as unique. I happen to have a lot of head and neck symptoms, I have stabbing pains in my neck from candida and lots of drainage from my nasal passages (yeast sinus infection). I also have pains in my teeth when the candida is really bad. I’ve been chewing gum constantly for years, as dry mouth is a symptom of the parasite. I now discovered that chewing gum frequently is listed as one way a higher level of mercury is released from the fillings in your mouth.

I would really encourage everyone to continue with the diet and protocols in this forum, as I intend to. I think it’s the best way to naturally combat a candida overgrowth. I would also say don’t close your mind to other possible treatments that you can implement at the same time. I think that many of us with candida have immune issues, and therefore, there are probably multiple things going wrong in our systems at the same time.

Just wanted to share my thoughts this morning, as I feel good having made this decision and am hopeful it will help me improve. I’ll certainly keep you all posted on this process.

Wishing all of us better health!
    Lynda

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Thank you Lynda! I totally agree with your thoughts. There can be many things that is going on in the body. I needed to hear this morning. I really am starting to miss carbs because they been out of my diet for so long but I know I just go to keep strong.
    Thanks
    Lauren

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I now discovered that chewing gum frequently is listed as one way a higher level of mercury is released from the fillings in your mouth.

Hello, Lynda.
    Thanks for your post. This is information I’ve never come across before and find extremely interesting. I’d love to read the entire research program behind the information. Do you have a link? If not, can you give the name of the book or journal that you read?

Thanks, Able

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

immunetroubles wrote: I’ve been doing some research and have made a decision. I woke up this morning having decided to remove the 8 or so amalgam fillings from my teeth, using a Dentist who is accomplished in mercury safe methods. I know doing this will not be the complete answer for me, but I’m fairly convinced it’s a part of the reason why I haven’t been able to battle the parasite I’ve had for 7 years, and the candida infestation I’ve had for at least 2 years. I also plan to keep to the diet, and the total protocol set forth in this forum. I have to, it’s the only thing that has offered relief from my symptoms. I think with people who have developed major sensitivities to foods and other things, or who have immune issues, a multi-pronged approach is the best approach

I have an immune deficiency, and it makes sense to me, that after many years of an ongoing infection, my body has become highly sensitized to all toxins. That includes the mercury/poison in my teeth. The research I’ve read indicates that even the ADA is inching closer to declaring mercury in fillings to be unsafe, or at least a problem for certain people (hmmmm perhaps those with immune deficiencies??)
    Every sufferer’s case is different, and has to be approached as unique. I happen to have a lot of head and neck symptoms, I have stabbing pains in my neck from candida and lots of drainage from my nasal passages (yeast sinus infection). I also have pains in my teeth when the candida is really bad. I’ve been chewing gum constantly for years, as dry mouth is a symptom of the parasite. I now discovered that chewing gum frequently is listed as one way a higher level of mercury is released from the fillings in your mouth.

I would really encourage everyone to continue with the diet and protocols in this forum, as I intend to. I think it’s the best way to naturally combat a candida overgrowth. I would also say don’t close your mind to other possible treatments that you can implement at the same time. I think that many of us with candida have immune issues, and therefore, there are probably multiple things going wrong in our systems at the same time.

Just wanted to share my thoughts this morning, as I feel good having made this decision and am hopeful it will help me improve. I’ll certainly keep you all posted on this process.

Wishing all of us better health!
    Lynda

Linda,
    Congratulation.! You have taken a very smart decision. I am sure it will pay you in the future.
    Yes, an integral protocol is the best way to combat Chronic Candidiasis. Remember that after removing the amalgams, you need to follow a chelation protocol. My advice is to follow Cutler’s protocol that I consider the safest and more effective of all around. I also advice you to become a member of the Frequent Doses Chelation yahoo group. The main moderator, by the way, Lynda like you, knows very well Cutler’s thought and the same Cutler sometimes answer question in the forum. The group is huge and there are a lot of people chelating to eliminate candida. You will have access to the archives and will find many incredible recovering testimonies from sufferers. If you read my last post in this forum, you will notice how I lost a precious time doing what you have decided to do now.

If you remove the amalgams, begin to chelate with low doses of DMSA or DMPS for 3 months, and later add ALA based in Cutler system, I am sure after 6 months or so, your candida will be story and most of your intolerances and allergies will be gone forever. This is the common report from those who have done it this way. You have me in this weagon. I can share with you my experience and knowledge about it. I am very familiar with Cutler’s protocol, own his book, and have been enough time in the forum to know every detail about it.

Keep reporting in the future, I am sure your case will end in success and will inspire more people to follow your path.

My best,
    Jorge.

Shellbell
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

HI, I have come across the same information about fillings. I have one filling left to remove. Here is link that led me on the correct path for treating my condition and then eventually to this website for treating candida:

http://hopeforhashimotos.com/

This is a site by Dr. Alexandar Haskell and one of his videos talks about fillings and mentions another doctors name who researches fillings (I can’t remember the name). His informations is pretty consistent to the information on this site but with more detail provided for Hashimotos Thyroiditis. I found more information between that site and this one than I have from over eight doctors!

immunetroubles

hi Able,
    I’ve seen chewing gum mentioned in multiple places but one article can be found at http://law.unh.edu/risk/vol2/spring/royal.htm The article is well sourced and was in a law journal at Brigham Young University and won awards. I guess the legal aspect drew me as that’s my field and I was interested in what legal argument there was around this topic. Another interesting article mentions studies done by Wrigley (of chewing gum fame) that showed the increase in mercury vapors from chewing gum. http://www.mercuryexposure.info/context/products/item/665-ada-promotes-chewing-gum-which-increases-mercury-vapor-released-from-silver-mercury-fillings-by-15

I also read the recent ADA conference material regarding mercury amalgams and it’s clear to me that they really don’t know the effects of these amalgams and are just hedging their bets in concluding: these are safe for most people, we think, maybe. I guess some might say there is no definitive proof that they are unsafe, but the research points strongly in that direction, given the FDA warnings for pregnant women. I feel immunodeficient people are also at risk, and I suspect that’s most of us with candida. I know one can find studies and articles that claim the opposite, just as one can find many studies saying candida doesn’t really exist (if only!). I’m a little afraid of the potential for harm in removing the fillings, but I plan to check out the Dentists thoroughly before choosing one. I am also continuing with the diet and protocol as closely as I can. I don’t think removing the fillings will be a quick fix, as I already have the infestation, but perhaps it can help me overcome it. Candida isn’t my only issue. I have an underlying parasite that probably caused my candida, and I know of someone with the same issues I have who claims she was cured after amalgam removal. This may help with cure of the parasite, which is really the more difficult issue I face.

immunetroubles

Shellbell, LAuren and Dvjorge, Thanks for your posts and the information in them. I’ll definately be very careful in following this process. I must say that this diet makes me feel better than I have in a long time, far better than I felt on just pharmalogical anti-fungals. I have fallen off the wagon several times with sugar free cookies. 🙁 I really can’t even touch any form of sweetener, they all trigger symptoms. But I immediately re-double my efforts and it really is worth it, as it’s the only thing that’s helped me thus far. Onward Soldiers! lol Lynda

Able900
    Spectator

immunetroubles wrote: law journal at Brigham Young University

Thank you, Lynda, I appreciate your response.

Able

immunetroubles

You’re welcome Able,

Any info you have on this, pro or con, I would be greatful if you would pass along. I know lots of you have been at this much longer than I have as far as Candida info and the info is very appreciated.

Lynda

immunetroubles

Able
    For a scientific abstract on the topic of mercury amalgams and also related to increased levels of mercury from chewing please see the link below referring to a German study which is archived at the National Institutes of Health. Although the study related to the effects of mercury on reproducing women, the study concluded there was a link between level of mercury contamination and number of amalgams in an individual. (seems like common sense to me)
    Lynda

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1285483?dopt=Abstract

Able900
    Spectator

immunetroubles wrote: Any info you have on this, pro or con, I would be greatful if you would pass along. I know lots of you have been at this much longer than I have as far as Candida info and the info is very appreciated.

Thank you again, Lynda, for all the information.

I’m afraid the information available at this time is far too varied for me to choose a side. On the one hand, you have the research as you’ve posted, but on the other you have research quotes such as this one:

“Toxicity of the Metals: They are extremely toxic substances. If they were removed too quickly, they could poison or even kill a person. The body seems to know how to remove them at a pace that is safe, providing we keep balancing the body chemistry and supporting a person the entire time.”

And then I can’t ignore the fact that I know from my own experience that curing a bad Candida infestation is possible without ever having the amalgams removed. Jorge would argue that my immune system was not compromised, but I would beg to differ on that point; so what does either opinion prove? I can admit that, although I didn’t began the protocol that I eventually came up with, I did began a treatment of sorts as soon as I felt a problem, but that also proves nothing one way or another.
    One problem that I have with removing amalgams is, if mercury is the reason someone cannot cure a Candida infestation, how do we remove the constant environmental sources of mercury in order to cure the Candida? It seems that, with this continuous onslaught of mercury toxins in our environment, none of us could come to a cure, and even if removing amalgams would bring a cure, doesn’t it seem that it would be useless considering these environmental facts? Do you see my dilemma here?

Another reason I can’t be certain that removing the amalgams is necessary is due to research that shows the majority of mercury is leached from a filling within a few years of the amalgams being placed, plus, in cases of a fairly healthy diet, most if not all of the remaining mercury is removed by dietary chelating agents of which there are many. So that leads me to suspect that if one has had the amalgams for more than two years, then removing them would be a complete waste of time.

On the other hand, you have possibly hundreds (if not more) of people who claim that removing their amalgams was the only way they could reach their Candida cure. So if I believe in personal testimonies, which I do, then I should have no problem in believing all the information about amalgams and mercury being the reason that Candida is incurable in some cases. So that should be my final decision, but wait … then I’ll find a research report such as, “Assays of mercury in urine samples and in the ambient air during work routines involving the heaviest exposure indicated that the exposure was far below the levels at which even subclinical symptoms could be indicated by psychometric tests. The psychological investigation indicated that the symptoms of amalgam illness were psychosomatic.” (Source: National Institute for Psychosocial Factors and Health – Vol. 52)

So I wish I could find something, anything that would allow me to make a final decision on this. With all of this information, how does anyone decide for certain which side is correct, perhaps there’s actually a middle-of-the-road answer here?

But no matter what my opinion is or is not, I sincerely hope for the ultimate cure for you.

Able

dvjorge
    Participant

I believe you are over-complicating it. It is simple, no all people with amalgams need to remove them and chelate to be candida free. There are some that reach a cure with amalgams present. It is said in several candida books such as the one Dr. Trowbridge wrote. On the other hand, there are some that need to remove the amalgams and chelate ( probably the non-excretors)

The rule is do a serious protocol for 6-12 months. If you don’t get results and candida doesn’t want to go, then look to other causes.
    I don’t tell anybody that goes straight to remove the amalgams and chelate. First, try a good protocol, if you don’t respond, take another kind of measurements.

I don’t have any scientific evidence supporting that mercury is the cause because candida can not be cured. In fact, I don’t want to see more scientific papers, neither read more articles. Things have a limit. It has been too much already for me. What I want is to eliminate the infection, leave all this, and to resume my life. It doesn’t matter for me who is right or wrong.

I hope all you understand my position. What I have done regarding to mercury is based in people testimonies and rumors. I hope they are true.
    Jorge.

immunetroubles

Able and Jorge

This is a very helpful, very good discussion. The debate helps me to think it through and to hear other viewpoints and angles I may not have considered. I hope it helps others in the same way. Able, you are right, and I believe I already said that there is not enough scientific evidence to conclude that taking the amalgams out will definately cure someone, and there are risks to doing so. However, it’s pretty clear that mercury is harmful, and especially to those with weakened immune systems. Given the info (and I need to double check this) that the mercury leaches out of the fillings in the first two years, that may suggest a course of natural chelation (which I am already preparing to begin) first, to see if some of the mercury can be chelated from the body, rather than having the fillings removed. I think I need to keep on the diet completely without any missteps, and try natural/dietary chelation for a while. I’m pretty new to the diet, so there is still a chance I may be one of those people who can obtain results (as you said Jorge), by the diet and protocol alone. I have to say I doubt it, as I already know that I have an unusual immune deficiency, and have battled with a parasite for 7 years now.

If I do everything I can with the protocol and chelation without filling extraction, and I continue to be sick, after further research, I will move to have the amalgams removed. Although there are plenty of other sources of mercury in our environment, I will remove any and all I have control over to give myself the best chance of cure. I’ve already switched to natural products for hair skin and deodorant, not eating fish, so removing the amalagams will be the next step.

This is a tough issue, as one doens’t want to make things worse. At bottom, I think it should be done in very difficult, stubborn cases where all else has failed. I thikn the answer to your dilemma is that the reactions and illnesses of each individual are highly variable and dependent upon a variety of factors, genetic and environmental, and no 2 people are precisely the same in their illness and in what may work for them. I agree, taking a risk on an uncertain procedure should only be done when other avenues have failed…. And I think that’s kind of what Jorge is saying when he says he doesn’t want to see or read any more studies, he’s tried it all and he wants to try this based on many many testimonies of success. I haven’t tried it all yet, at least not like I’m supposed to, so I need to keep going on the diet and wait a bit for the results….but I don’t intend to wait long, it’sbeen almost 10 years already.

Able thanks for your good wishes and hopes for my recovery. That’s the reason we all share info here. Much of this isn’t supported by mainstream medicine, but most is supported by common sense and lots of factual support. Discussion and debate helps.

Lynda

dvjorge
    Participant

Lynda,
    Read this Curezone old topic. I remember how that girl was screaming for help. Read the story because parasites were implicated in her case.

http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1745093
    Jorge.

immunetroubles

hi Jorge
    This is so funny but I saw this a long time ago and had an exchange with her via post, i think it was on the curezone forum or it may have been on the pptu forum for people with parasitic infections. I probably should have looked into chelation long ago. I’m so happy for her that she’s better, hope we both get there too!! I’m interested in the faciity in Arizona where she went and will look into that. thanks~
    Lynda

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘I've made a decision.’ is closed to new replies.