I've got major issues, desperate for advice

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I've got major issues, desperate for advice

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sparky123 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Sparky123
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 16

Hi guys,

I got my Candida diagnosis last week through an Organic Acids test with a Functional Medicine doc. I’ve been housebound severely unwell for 3 years prior. My doc has given me a guideline of which supplements, Oregano Oil and Probiotic to get. I have no good bacteria at all, aswell as Adrenal Fatigue.

However… I have 3 major stumbling blocks.

1. I react to almost all foods and all supplements (high pulse, stomach pains, groggy, hot). For the last year I’ve only been able to eat Carrots, B Squash, Cod, Chicken, O Oil, Fresh herbs. How do I follow the diet when I react to everything?

2. I’m really constipated. At the moment I go once a week (at least). I know this can’t carry on when starting the treatment.

3. I’ve developed a histamine sensitivity recently, just to make things even trickier.

My functional doc also thinks my liver isn’t working properly at the moment.

Has anyone else had the same problems? I’m relieved to finally find out what was wrong with me. I honestly thought I wasn’t going to survive much longer. But these problems just seem insurmountable!

Thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

“I react to almost all foods and all supplements (high pulse, stomach pains, groggy, hot). For the last year I’ve only been able to eat Carrots, B Squash, Cod, Chicken, O Oil, Fresh herbs. How do I follow the diet when I react to everything?”

This is directly related to histamine levels and inflammation of the gut. What I did is I toughed out the reactions and they went away within a month or so as long as I healed the best way.

Basically you are in a very similar situation as I was a few years ago. What you need to do, is heal holistically (everything at once). A good naturopath can help you do this. You likely have thyroid problems too, because if your adrenals get drained, then your thyroid gets drained.

Your liver is what removes the histamines, so it likely is shut down.

What I would do:
    -Anti-histamine treatment (homeopathics work for this)
    -Anti-inflammatory treatment (tons of stuff)
    -Heal thyroid and adrenals both at same time (things like iodine and drenamin)
    -Heal liver with liver supplements (liver cleansing herbs)
    -Start exercising (start walking around neighorhood even, exercise releases the histamine in body)
    -Start eating more foods on candida diet and tough out reactions.

Your digestion should improve as you heal your liver and eat more food. Minerals can help digestion too.

Can you afford to spend a few hundred $’s per month on treatment?

-raster

Sparky123
    Participant

Wow thanks!

Yeh it seems I need to get my liver functioning properly again, I’m hoping if I can I’ll stop reacting to everything. I’ll start eating foods that help it. Which liver cleansing herbs would you recommend? I’ve just bought Soy Lecithin, it’s what my doc recommended. But I’m a bit hesitant over it.

Should I start taking the Oregano Oil soon or leave it? I was planning on introducing foods from the anti-can diet for these first few weeks, then probably starting the Oregano Oil in the third week (but only if I can stop my constipation).

I’ll look into all the other areas you mentioned Raster, thanks. And yes I can afford the treatment. My plan was to just power through with anti-fungal foods and supplements for 5 weeks until my next appointment with my doc. But I was just worried that even after all this that I’d still be really reactive. I’m prepared to tough it out, I just want to get it right.

raster
    Participant

Sparky123;60783 wrote: Wow thanks!

Yeh it seems I need to get my liver functioning properly again, I’m hoping if I can I’ll stop reacting to everything. I’ll start eating foods that help it. Which liver cleansing herbs would you recommend? I’ve just bought Soy Lecithin, it’s what my doc recommended. But I’m a bit hesitant over it.

Should I start taking the Oregano Oil soon or leave it? I was planning on introducing foods from the anti-can diet for these first few weeks, then probably starting the Oregano Oil in the third week (but only if I can stop my constipation).

I’ll look into all the other areas you mentioned Raster, thanks. And yes I can afford the treatment. My plan was to just power through with anti-fungal foods and supplements for 5 weeks until my next appointment with my doc. But I was just worried that even after all this that I’d still be really reactive. I’m prepared to tough it out, I just want to get it right.

I would be very careful with such a plan because you very well could be in worse shape after this time if you don’t have a good detox plan.

The best way to detox is to sweat out the toxins via your skin and this reduces the load on your liver:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

-raster

Sparky123
    Participant

Yeh I hear ya. Im going to leave the Oregano Oil for a little while. I think that on top of everything else will be too much for me. I’m going to focus on adding in new foods and getting my liver functioning before I really tackle the candida. Hopefully I’ll be able to achieve that.

Cheers!

Sparky123
    Participant

One final thing! – currently Carrots and Squash are part of the 5 foods I can eat without having a reaction. I know they are high starch and should be avoided, but at the moment I really can’t cut them out of my diet.

Will it be pointless for me to start work on (gently) killing the candida with some anti fungal foods and possibly oregano oil, whilst I’m still eating carrots and squash? Or should I just wait and hope that I can tolerate other foods over the coming months and then start getting to work with the candida?

It’s a tricky one I know, but was just wanting some advice from someone with experience on it.

Cheers!

raster
    Participant

I would try to lower your histamine levels before doing the diet and then start eating new foods. You need to eat the foods that are on the diet. What kind of reactions do you get? I would focus on an anti-inflammatory diet that includes things like salmon, broccoli, spinach, pumpkin, artichoke, etc.

A great anti-inflammatory supplement to consider is s. boulardii. Your reactions should go away with a few days after taking this stuff from my experience.

If you pigeon hole yourself with an overly restricted diet, it’ll be hard to get better. The inflammation will still be there candida or not. The antifungals will barely make a dent in the candida and might make your reactions worse.

-raster

Sparky123
    Participant

Yeh i agree, but controlling my histamine levels are easier said than done. I mean, I react to supplements like vitamin c and Quercetin. Makes things really tricky.

I actually tried broccoli on Monday. I reacted to it as expected. I had an elavated pulse pretty immediately after eating, felt groggy and a bit hot for the rest of the day, and was then unwell at night and slept very poorly. This is a typical reaction for me. But the histamine reactions are more severe.

I just don’t really know where to begin with it all really!

raster
    Participant

What I did is I toughed out the reactions. I used to have a herx reaction for about 2-3 hours where I had major anxiety, burning skin, heart palpitations, etc. after eating something that I was allergic to. Within a few weeks it went away and I was no longer allergic. After 6 months I could eat just about anything without a reaction.

Flax oil is a great supplement to use to help reduce reactions and its also anti-inflammatory.

A professional can help you create a plan to get better and this is what I suggest. Fighting candida is not something worth messing around with and you have to have a good solid plan to get better. This isn’t something you do in a half ass way at all.

An allergist could maybe help and they would give you allergy shots or prescribe drugs perhaps. A nutritionist could maybe help you create a meal plan. A naturopath would give you homeopathics and nutritional supplements that will get you better fast. A doctor can prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs, histamine drugs, antifungal drugs, etc.

-raster

Sparky123
    Participant

Blimey your reactions sound intense. I’m prepared to tough it out aswell, but I want to get it right that’s the thing, don’t want to suffer for no reason. I completely agree about not doing anything half heartedly, there’s always that initial urge to immediately throw yourself into treatment, but I’m not gunna do that.

Cheers for the tip about flax oil aswell, sounds good.

My functional doc has given me a plan, so I’ll be going through that over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your help though, really do appreciate it!

JamesMc
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 15

Hi,
    Listen carefully because this suggestion could save you years of suffering. Candida can not be properly treated when the body is in a state of allergic inflammation and histamine over-production. You need to get the allergic reactions under control as soon as possible. GET LDA this stands for low dose allergy therapy and it is no bull##it. It mitigates allergic responses better than anything available to date. I know because I was in your state. Bed ridden with very severe allergic reactions to mold, dust, yeasts, sugars, alcohols and most foods, and this stopped them all but it took at least 6 months before I began to see significant results. You get ups and downs and worse and then better but don’t be discouraged, it is a long treatment but you have to commit fully and it will work. If you have candida you MUST take an antifungal drug like nystatin or diflucan for seven days before the shot. You can get several different shots inhaled, chemical, bacteria (for lyme disease) and foods. It may not be a cure but I went from unable to eat much at all to eating pie and ice cream in about six months. While you get the allergic reactions under control with LDA eat food that you do not react to and continue to switch as much as possible or you soon will begin to react to those foods, for constipation take magnesium citrate or vitamin C to bowel tolerance, and enemas, and if they do not work go get a round of colonics. You NEED to get your bowels moving this same thing happened to me. Take probiotics, beta glucans and start ingesting glycoproteins found in products like Ambrotose and digestacure. Go slow and follow ALL the LDA instructions trust me you will get better. Contact me if you need more info.

Sparky123
    Participant

JamesMc, thanks for your post mate. I appreciate it and will look into the things you have mentioned.

But the past few weeks have actually gone pretty well. I’m now eating a much better diet. I’m eating lots of kale, asparagus, chard, cauliflower, celery, watercress, artichokes (aswell as fish and chicken). I’m also able to take coconut oil aswell (up to 4 teaspoons). I reacted to it all at first, but pushed through and now barely react to them at all.

Because of this I’ve been able to cut out carrot and squash, which is great. I had some die off but nothing too major (I had massive die off for weeks when I started the SCD many months ago). Have been realllllly hungry though. I’ve also noticed some candida in my BM’s, but enough of that!

I’m just focusing on diet for the time being, as per my naturopath’s instructions. I know it not might seem much, but I’m pleased with how things have started.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I've got major issues, desperate for advice’ is closed to new replies.