It's too hard to commit. Need advice.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions It's too hard to commit. Need advice.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Mtb
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

I still don’t know whether I truly have a candida problem or not. My main reason for trying this diet is to solve my seberrhoeic dermatitis which just gets worse year by year that I’ve had for 10+ years now. With that, around last 4 yrs, I’ve had chronic headaches, migraines, chronic fatigue, digestive issues, high anxiety, depression, OCD. muscle pain, joint pain…

So, the duration of the last 6 months, I’ve gone on a gluten free and lactose free diet. My skin disorder never got better, but I did find my other symptoms subside somewhat to be less frequent.

Now, being on the candida diet for the last 3 weeks (haven’t been strict but quite a big change), there were some more improvements on my symptoms, and my skin started to feel more moisturised and less red.

So, with that said, this week has been hard and just gave up on the candida diet. I lost a lot of weight (generally I’m quite skinny and fast metabolism), so the kgs were shredding fast. I’ve added brown rice and had 2 banana smoothies and an apple. My eczema has flared up big time. So, that’s kinda a coincidence I’d say involving high sugars.

So, just a few questions. Does this really look like a candida problem or leaky guy issue?
    I’m an active person, and being on this diet gave me no energy. I ate a lot of good fats, coconut oil, almonds but didnt really help much. I exercise regularly, but can I have brown rice to get my energy? I’d love to get some advice, cause I found it so difficult due to depression, weight loss and lack of energy.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

My guess is candida (leaky gut can come from having candida).

My first flag was a reaction after eating bananas. I felt “drunk”.

If its candida, you will see a relief from symptoms by going really strict for a few days.

You might notice headaches after consuming natural antifungals like garlic or cinnamon, and fatigue after fruits and starches.

Cant hurt to hit the diet for a little while and see how it goes. Add in antifungal foods and teas. See what happens.

I add in carbs because im active too, and im very picky about how they figure into my diet.

This diet doesnt have to be really low carb, but in the beginning, it will really help.

My opinion is that you gave up easily on the diet because your not yet convinced its a candida issue.
    That was me at first,too. until it got bad, then I took it serious.

You might have something else all together… but from what you have said, candida is suspect.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You likely have a general toxicity problem caused by candida and whatever else has overgrown in the gut such as parasites, microbes, etc. I recommend sticking to the diet and getting more creative with what you eat and you likely will find long term benefit. In general, you should consider trying out an anti-inflammatory diet and this should aid your migraine problems.

-raster

Mtb

Thanks guys. It’s been over a week or so now and has been good and bad. However, I do notice when I eat a ‘bad’ food, my dermatitis really flares up rather fast than usual which I find odd. Usually with these ‘bad’ foods, my skin doesn’t react as severely as oppose to when I’m on this Candida diet.

Anyway, my headaches, fatigue have lone gone. From 4-5 headaches a week, to nothing, and generally not tired all the time as I used to. But this skin issue just doesn’t seem to diminish. Is it possible the skin needs more healing time than the other symptoms?

JustinM
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

have you thought about doing a colon detox? they are supposed to really clean out your system and help every part of your body. I did a candida cleanse diet, but I’ve been thinking about doing a detox anyway bc my symptoms didnt go away 100%

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Mtb;55091 wrote: Thanks guys. It’s been over a week or so now and has been good and bad. However, I do notice when I eat a ‘bad’ food, my dermatitis really flares up rather fast than usual which I find odd. Usually with these ‘bad’ foods, my skin doesn’t react as severely as oppose to when I’m on this Candida diet.

Anyway, my headaches, fatigue have lone gone. From 4-5 headaches a week, to nothing, and generally not tired all the time as I used to. But this skin issue just doesn’t seem to diminish. Is it possible the skin needs more healing time than the other symptoms?

I like what JustinM had to say.

A colon-cleanse would def be a great first step.
    Do some kidney-supporting teas ( you can get at the grocery store) to get the kidneys filtering the junk the lymph sends your way.

I was told that skin is the lymph,kidney,and liver.

Support those, and you will see a difference in your skin.

I used to have hormonal adult acne.

Since getting my kidneys filtering and lymph moving excess acid out, I dont even break-out a little! I am a bit sad that I didnt know this stuff when I was a kid, my skin was really bad.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

If your symptoms dont clear with a couple/few months of a proper candida protocol enlist the help of a holistic doctor and start looking for other infections.Where are you from?

Mtb

I’ll give it another month or so as I’m starting to kick into the strict diet. Almost 2 weeks now, and the last few days my skin has got somewhat better. Digestive issues has completely gone, but been noticing extreme fatigue in the late afternoons. I’ve cut out brown rice for now so it’s time to really hold myself on the diet. (Took me awhile to ease into this diet :P)
    I’m from Australia.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

For the fatigue, you might want to snack between meals or every hour and do a blood sugar protocol. A simple way to do this is to snack or something like celery every hour.

-raster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘It's too hard to commit. Need advice.’ is closed to new replies.