Itchy ears? Some help?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Itchy ears? Some help?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  jameskep 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

What is the best way to help itchy ears? The inside of my ears are itching quite a bit, not too badly but enough to bother me. I thought about diluted tea tree oil but didn’t know if that would help. Please let me know, it is getting worse!

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I have this too Kag. So far I’ve found nothing to help, I’ve heard people say SF722 but I take it and it doesn’t help. Also I notice my ears getting itchier when I take my coconut oil about 5 minutes after.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

My ears itch too when I get my sinus infections. Surprisingly I don’t get ear infections. I heard tee tree oil is good

DrewsMama
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 7

My ears are my built in alarm system… I always know when I have eaten something that my system does not tolerate such as sugar, yeast, yeast extract etc because my ears itch like crazy! This was actually my first indicator that I was eating “something” I had an intolerance too all the way back to 2005. I went to 4 MD’s, 1 Neurologist (for dizziness and blackouts), and 2 OBGYN’s trying to uncover what the problem was. It wasn’t until last year that I found a Natropathic Dr that a blood test for food allergies was done. Yeast was off the charts. I also can’t have broccoli, green beans, banana and kidney beans. Food allergy tests can actually be done from home and only cost about $100 or so US dollars. You may have had this done already but if not this is the company’s website that my ND goes through… http://meridianvalleylab.com/allergy-testing-3/allergy-tests-offered/food/foodsafe-panel-bloodspot

These drops have helped my ears in the past http://www.vitacost.com/herbs-for-kids-willow-and-garlic-ear-oil-drops

Best of luck to you. 🙂

Kag

Maybe I will try the garlic oil or tea tree… It is only my inner ear that itches. I found some great chinese herbal stuff for skin itching so I don’t have much trouble with that.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

mrs.candida;39050 wrote: I have this too Kag. So far I’ve found nothing to help, I’ve heard people say SF722 but I take it and it doesn’t help. Also I notice my ears getting itchier when I take my coconut oil about 5 minutes after.

It won’t go away until the intestinal overgrowth be corrected. It is a consequence of it. It happens to most candida sufferers when they get the intestinal growth.

Jorge.

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

hi Jorge,

Is this because of toxins from the gut candida, or because of candida living in the ears? Sometimes I get a feeling that something is crawling on my scalp. Or I get what feels like bites on various spots on my body, one after the other. Or itchy in spots all of a sudden. Is this just the candida giving off toxins? Or is there actual candida living at those sites? Ie., does Kag have candida living in his ears?

Thank you!,

-MGL

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

mygutleaks;39100 wrote: hi Jorge,

Is this because of toxins from the gut candida, or because of candida living in the ears? Sometimes I get a feeling that something is crawling on my scalp. Or I get what feels like bites on various spots on my body, one after the other. Or itchy in spots all of a sudden. Is this just the candida giving off toxins? Or is there actual candida living at those sites? Ie., does Kag have candida living in his ears?

Thank you!,

-MGL

We all have candida living in our mucous membranes controlled by an active immune response.

What happens is the intestinal overgrowth suppresses that immune control. Then, candida causes symptoms in every part of the body it normally lives asymptomatic.

This is the explanation I have found in the books.

Jorge.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

And this is why I recommend trying out SF722 in a few weeks because it prevents candida from attaching to your mucousal membranes…

-raster

Kag

I haven’t ever had an itchy ear before, ever. I think it might be because of spring as well. I am going to try tea tree to relieve it for a while and see if that helps.

Kag

And it was my understanding that you couldn’t get SF722 right now…

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Dvjorge got it right 🙂

The rashes/itching is due to c. albicans. My skin docter (in lack of a better name right now) says it comes with the overgrowth.

The best thing is to avoid foods that sparks it. I use non-organinc, hot pressed cocounut oil instead of organic. It has no real flavour of cocounut any longer and give no rashes contra the organic.

The antifungal effect is the same, for my part (may vary for you).

Other things that are “allowed” on the strict diet that gives rashes are:

– Applecider vinegar
    – Lemon and lime
    – All diary products (greek yoghurt etc.)
    – not enough fermented Kefir
    – onions and garlic in a mild degree.

Treatment can be topical only(!!) with hydro-cortison, this really helps a lot. He gave me an azol (antifungal) for topical treatment, but it has no effect. Will ask him more about this and share this on the forum. He is a real MD, and a very recognised one too 🙂

Edit: This is my own experience, I don’t know the fully effect/sideeffect vs. c. albicans on taking a steroid topical on the skin over time regarding this.

Ruffian
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

BIG problem with me, and I’ve tried everything. What works best temporarily is Wally’s ear oil. (from Amazon) I don’t soak it way down in my ear, just a light layer. Helps with itching and flaking. My ears are my worst symptom by far.

Kag

Do you guys have it in your inner ear though? I don’t have any itching at all on my outer ear area?

And klips, I don’t have any reaction to any of the foods you listed except possibly dairy kefir. I stay away from it because it gives me acid reflux. I am still not convinced that this wasn’t from being outside the other day..

Thanks for the tip on the Wally’s oil. I will check it out.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

My itching in general is usually caused from fructose/lactose malabsorption(which becomes improperly digested sugars for candida). Sometimes the itching is a result of a food/yeast sensitivity.

Diluted coconut oil/lavender oil might help. Lavender oil might be less harsh than tea tree oil.

Klips32:

My doctor tried to prescribe me steriod ear drops for my ear flaking/wax buildup. I don’t think I like the idea of any steriod being in my ear. I can’t see it being very effective for preventing ear wax/flaking buildup(in my case). Think the only way to prevent the ear wax/flaking is to prevent the candida toxins(acetaldehyde etc..) being released in the ear.

I could see maybe the steriod drops helping with someone who has inner ear inflammation/itching. The inner ear inflammation might be causing the glands to be more active creating more flaking/wax? My inner ears don’t itch/not inflammed =don’t want to bother with the steriod drops.

Whats interesting is that as soon as the ringing in the ears started so did the ear wax build up. The very first day my ears started to ring was right after I had some green tea with honey( fructose/caffeine). I strongly believe its related to acetaldehyde production.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Itchy ears? Some help?’ is closed to new replies.