Itchy (candida?) rash cleared up on vacation while eating poorly

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Itchy (candida?) rash cleared up on vacation while eating poorly

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

The main symptoms that lead me to believe I have candida have been three itchy rashes, one below my stomach and the other two behind my ears. My alternatively friendly MD pegged the rash below my stomach as candida so that’s what started my quest to fight candida in my body. The rash behind my ears I believe to be Seborrheic Dermatitis. I have been thinking candida is the reason for all of these rashes. BTW my MD suggested putting OTC Miconazole 7 (sold for for female yeast infections) on my stomach rash. I did one dose before I left but backed off because I don’t trust OTC or prescription drugs much and wanted to research this more.

I am perplexed that my rashes cleared up in the past when I was traveling alone on vacation- eating more poorly than I eat at home— eating sugar, drinking coffee most days and eating a little gluten grains. I just got back from a week in Texas with the same result and as soon as I got home, sat down and had a glass of our Reverse Osmosis water I felt twinge of itchiness!

I have been racking my brain, questioning everything, and trying to understand what is going on. I’ve been home two days and my itchiness has been showing up stronger each day. I might be having an environmental allergy to something in my home or my elderly little dog who the vet has offered to put down twice in the last year…. or could just be dog and family stress. Tonight I had ginger tea and itch got worse again so I am wondering if it is a candida die off symptom since I was not eating or taking any of the antiviral anti-fungal remedies I had been taking at home. It might be Magnesium Stearate in my many supplements or my air, water or RO filters in my home. I had a next door neighbor who had bad allergies move from her home last year to try and get better. She was blaming her air ducts. It might be our old carpet. I am questioning everything but don’t know how to investigate to get answers.

In just working on my health, thinking I have leaky gut because of my food allergies to gluten and nightshades, I was unknowingly eating and taking a number of antiviral, anti-fungal foods and supplements before I suspected or learned anything about Candida. I also did three Whole30 elimination type diets (no grains, no dairy, no legumes, no sugar and they were supposed to be low fruit and nuts- but I was not real low on the fruit and nuts. These Whole30 elimination type diets seemed to make my rashes worse. Could that have been die off reactions? For the last month I have been preparing to do a very strict candida diet collecting supplements and learning about more about candida.

About two weeks before I went on vacation I began adding sea salt to my bath water and soaking the three specific rash areas. This immediately helped all three of my rashes and while on vacation I used Aveeno moisturizing lotion behind my ears. These protocols were yielding great improvement.

On top of all these thoughts while I was on vacation in Austin, TX I met an 80 10 10 (80% carbs, 10 % protein and 10% fat) enthusiast who insisted that I run out and get the book and they said that the 80 10 10 program would definitely heal my candida. I did buy the book to read on my flights home. They had failed to mention that this it is a Fruitarianism, mono eating plan. That would have discouraged me from getting the book. BTW, Fruitarianism involves the practice of following a diet that includes fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds, without animal products or grains. Perhaps I need to go that way as I watched a YouTube video about the low fat remedy factor and candida.
    Still my family and I were doing pretty well with Paleo eating after a few years of going vegetarian and vegan.

I am conflicted —I’ve got lots more history I could list but I have this post complicated enough.

Any thoughts?

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

From texas = Very dry. bad weather for a fungi/molds.
    Reverse osmosis, could there in any way be mold in your filter?

People don’t get well from this when they are exposed to much mold in general. much of the CRC’s rash will worsen in humid climate.

There is nothing wrong with miconazole, but it might not help much. Backing of a dosage is very unrecommended, since you expose the fungal to the antifungal, but not killing it entirely, the tough survivors will multiply and you have a worse infection.

What does your normal MD tell you about your rashes?

The diet thing: Don’t worry about paleo, 80-10-10, vegetarian and what not. Do the candida diet, that’s it. If you have the symptoms, take the test: http://www.candidaallergy.com/Santelmann_Family%20Practice.pdf (look at table 1 Questionnaire FRD7) Then treatment.

good luck

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

Thanks for your reply klips32.

I was in Houston and it was pretty humid but also spent 3 days in the Hill country and Austin (very dry)– home is Virginia High altitude so it is pretty dry. I am going to check my Tap Master Artesian RO water unit for mold. Have had it 4 years and replace the filter every year as recommended. I did research it and believed it to be a pretty good unit although it was not NSF certified. It cost $675. It is the brand that Raymond Francis of Beyond Health carries and I find him to be good on promoting quality.

I don’t understand …
    What is CRC rash? Or “Backing of a dosage” mean.

I see my MD next Monday Nov 11 and will focus on my rashes with her. I will report back.

We are pretty dry here but have had our connected garage flooded about 6 times in the past 15 years. I might have mold in my carpet from when a plumbing pipe burst or when I have Hot Water cleaned the carpet or perhaps their could be mold under sinks or in our air ducts.

Hubby and I both tested to have mild allergy to mold and dust about 10 years ago and I have tried to be diligent… we bought 2 Austin Air Healthmate Plus units and run them 24/7 but don’t think they works against mold. They are more for dust and chemical sensitivities. Also made other changes to Latex mattress, Charlies Soap or no soap in laundry etc.

Will get on to the Candida Diet.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Percyfaith;51179 wrote: Thanks for your reply klips32.

I was in Houston and it was pretty humid but also spent 3 days in the Hill country and Austin (very dry)– home is Virginia High altitude so it is pretty dry. I am going to check my Tap Master Artesian RO water unit for mold. Have had it 4 years and replace the filter every year as recommended. I did research it and believed it to be a pretty good unit although it was not NSF certified. It cost $675. It is the brand that Raymond Francis of Beyond Health carries and I find him to be good on promoting quality.

You’re welcome,
    I just suspect that there might be something in your home that makes you more ill. Watch for mold and humidity in general. Or if you food contains some mold (rinse vegetables good, avoid some herbal teas etc.)

For my own experience, I often get temporarily better on eating different (not so restricted foods, more carbs). Fungi adapt to foods, if you get one kind of carbs from lets say wheat all the time, the fungi will be very good to feed on that.

Percyfaith;51179 wrote:

I don’t understand …
    What is CRC rash? Or “Backing of a dosage” mean.

crc= candida related complex, also called fungi related disease (what we here suffer from). The rash is sometimes just called atopic dermatitis by some doctors, and might be related to a allergic reaction vs. c. albicans.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10380428

So it might be related to a allergic reaction vs. c. albicans, and putting on an anti fungal creme does not help. But give it a try any ways, there is no way that we can tell what kind of rash you have. Talk with you MD to get a skinscraping test done of the rash, to see if it is a fungal infection.

Dosage: Sorry for my bad English 🙂 What I mean is, if you don’t take the full amount of the medication, the fungi will only get stronger because you only kill the weak strains.

Percyfaith;51179 wrote:
    We are pretty dry here but have had our connected garage flooded about 6 times in the past 15 years. I might have mold in my carpet from when a plumbing pipe burst or when I have Hot Water cleaned the carpet or perhaps their could be mold under sinks or in our air ducts.

Hubby and I both tested to have mild allergy to mold and dust about 10 years ago and I have tried to be diligent… we bought 2 Austin Air Healthmate Plus units and run them 24/7 but don’t think they works against mold. They are more for dust and chemical sensitivities. Also made other changes to Latex mattress, Charlies Soap or no soap in laundry etc.

Will get on to the Candida Diet.

Often CRC patients have mold allergies as well. And it really sounds like your home could be a problem, try stay at a friends place that is new build, dry and clean for a couple of days, see if you feel different.

I hope I don’t confuse you more 😉

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It could be mold problems like klips mentioned. I would see if you feel better away from your house only or not.

The skin problems could be related to a variety of things such as toxins in the body, low stomach acid levels, liver not working properly, parasites, etc. If you were to go in the sun or do sauna, this should improve your skin. These two things could explain the improvement.

You could’ve had something on the trip that you are deficient in like vitamin E or C and this can help with skin conditions.

You could have a body pH issue.

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Itchy (candida?) rash cleared up on vacation while eating poorly’ is closed to new replies.