Itchy body skin … no rash or hives.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Itchy body skin … no rash or hives.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sage 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

sage
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 13

I’m so glad I found this site!!
    About 2 weeks ago, I started having very itchy body skin (no redness or rash) & trying to find some remedies, I noticed “candida” come up often on the searches. I hadn’t heard of this before.
    I was shocked by the number of symptoms I had & am sure I have had this for years.

I started the diet 6 days ago, and feel a little better but understand it is early in the process. Just realized the chick peas, black beans, rice crackers shouldn’t be in stage 1! Opps.

I’m wondering if I experienced a “over growth explosion” with the itchy skin issue. That is new for me even with all the long time symptoms.
    I’ve had a yeast infection off & on for the past 2 months, went on a cruise (over indulged with extra sugar + yeast items), mild athlete’s foot, nasty bloating…. seems to me my body just had enough. Does that make any sense? LOL.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

You could be experiencing die-off symptoms from the diet which sometimes causes itchiness, or it’s possible I suppose that it could come from Candida symptoms brought on by the foods you named. It’s easier to follow a diet of what you should be eating rather than keeping up with the list of what you should not eat. Simply try to stick with organic vegetables, organic eggs, and a small amount of fish or chicken if you need extra protein. Stay away from everything else, literally. Use either coconut oil or olive oil for salads and cooking. Purchase some pure Himalayan sea salt; you will know the authentic type as it will be a pinkish color. Other salts contain either chemicals or Dextrose (sugar). Check your toothpaste for sugar alcohols which most brands contain, this will feed the Candida the same as regular sugar will. Avoid red meat completely.

Be sure to read the “Dangers of die-off” post on the forum for information concerning that.

Good luck, Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sage,

You need to do more research and fully understand what to avoid. There is only very limited choices as far as foods you can have. Reduce your sugar (from fruit) intake to less than 15mg a day. Greek yogurt instead of regular yogurt. Coconut flour instead of regular flour.

You can get a product called IMF powder that will literally cause the yeast on your skin to curl up and die off.

Additionally, I recommend visitng a naturopathic doctor to get some good advice on what to do and what you are dealing with. They can come up with a plan for you that will make you feel much much better faster than otherwise toughing it out and going it alone. They’ll provide a list of foods to avoid, things you can eat, and other advice.

sunshine33
    Replies: 17

Hi Able,

Why no red meat? I haven’t had any since starting the diet, but didn’t realize it was off-limits …

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

sunshine33 wrote: Why no red meat? I haven’t had any since starting the diet, but didn’t realize it was off-limits …

Hello, Sunshine.

Red meat isn’t an off-limits food item on all Candida diets, but it should be.

Just as wheat products do, red meat can literally clog the intestinal tract, once this ‘clog’ takes place, then the perfect environment for Candida begins to build. The ‘clogging’ of course creates constipation which is already a common symptom of Candida.

Red meat can also be toxic to the body;

One way is, meat stays in the intestines for usually 15 to 16 hours before it’s completely broken down; staying in the intestines for that length of time causes purification of the meat which in turn leads to toxic waste in the body. Then the liver has to go to work detoxifying this waste from the body.

It gets worse; very few Candida sufferers can get through the dreaded disease without having some type of liver problems or liver pain at the very least. The reason for this is that the liver is constantly working with a literal overload of toxic gases released by the Candida, both dead and alive. Then you add red meat to the mixture, and you have additional ammonia gases which are produced by the breakdown of animal protein (red meat), this can only result in more work for the liver, which as I’ve stated, is already reaching its limit as far as attempting to detox the body of all the toxins being released by the Candida infestation. All in all, red meat is trouble for most people with or without Candida, but when this infestation has taken over the body, red meat is just one more reason that the treatment can take longer to work.

In addition to all of this, many Candida sufferers receive Candida reactions to red meat. Scientists may be uncertain as to why this is, but what they do know that it can’t be beneficial to the treatment.

Able

sunshine33
    Replies: 17

Thanks for the explanation, Able! I will continue to keep red meat out of my diet. I haven’t been craving it, so my body must know it’s bad for me!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Cut the red meat, and pork as well! Chicken and fish are better alternatives!

sage
    Replies: 13

Thanks everyone for suggestions …. very helpful. I didn`t realize red meat should be avoided. In fact the past 3 days it has been chicken, steamed veggies, greek yogurt, + salads. fresh garlic, olive oil & lemon dressing for everything!
    I have been taking acidophilus + lots of water. The itchy skin is almost completely gone + I`ve never had such a flat, non bloated stomach! I think I`m off to a good start. In fact, I went to a garden wedding today …. lots of canapes + wine flowing everywhere… I had 4 pieces of cold asperagus * 2 glasses of spring water. It was a huge test! LOL.
    Thanks again & I`m off to read more pages of the past posts.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Itchy body skin … no rash or hives.’ is closed to new replies.