Itchiness

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  samuel50 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

I’ve been getting really bad itchiness spells randomly but quite regularly recently, which I think is a result of taking various antifungals (especially garlic, sometimes black walnut hulls & olive leaf extract).

Otherwise I feel pretty good, I have very little fatigue compared to the last 3 years, and am pretty much living my life as I would have before, other than the diet restrictions. My skin on my hands flares up around the same time as the itchiness, especially if I eat any garlic or go overboard on the anti fungals.

My question is, could I consider dropping them out, or tapering them down to see if my skin improves?
    Or is this a sign that perhaps i’ve done something to grow some more Candida in my gut & its die off?

I was a bit concerned when I found out that a Swanson Digestive Enzyme I was taking contained Diastase (from Barley Malt), Cellulase & Bromelain (from Pineapple)
    I was taking them 3 x p/day with food, along with the Swedish Bitters.

This is what I am taking at the moment with food.

Swedish Bitters
    Thorne SF722 (either 1/2 caps per meal)
    Black Walnut Extract
    Molybdenum (when my skin flare up or I get itchy spells)
    Betaine HCL
    Vit C with Bioflavanoids
    Milk Thistle

In my evening meal I take Magnesium, Vit D3, Multi Vit,
    I sometimes take Korean or Siberian Ginseng in the morning as well.

I eat Swede 2-3 times per week (on training days & Brussels Sprouts 2-3 time per week (on non training days). I also take at least 3 x tablespoons on coconut oil per day, if not more. I eat coconut produce every day in form of flour &/or dessicated coconut (which is not a problem, other than seeing it undigested in my stool).

I drink between 300-600ml of kefir per day (either from Raw Goats Milk, or Organic Pasteurised Milk). I also take Dr Mercola’s probiotic (10 x strains & 70billion CFU).

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

benc;31831 wrote: My question is, could I consider dropping them out, or tapering them down to see if my skin improves?
    Or is this a sign that perhaps i’ve done something to grow some more Candida in my gut & its die off?

I drink between 300-600ml of kefir per day (either from Raw Goats Milk, or Organic Pasteurised Milk). I also take Dr Mercola’s probiotic (10 x strains & 70billion CFU).

The itchiness is more than likely a die-off reaction instead of a worsening of your Candida, especially if you’re not eating any foods that will feed them. You’re receiving a lot of antifungal activity with the swede, Brussles sprouts, coconut oil, kefir and probiotic, so you could easily drop the others.

Able

benc

Thanks, as always, Able 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I agree. You should reduce your antifungals to 3 if possible; I would choose just the SF722, black walnut, and garlic (these are my 3 currently). I have not had itchiness for about a year but it did persist for a longer period of time than I anticipated.

I would look at the digestive enzymes I use as an alternative, it’s called pro-gest. You don’t need to take digestive enzymes and swedish bitters at the same time, just one or the other because they have the same effect.

I would look at taking a few more things that have been a major part of my recovery. It includes fermented cod liver oil (reduced inflammation) and L-glutamine (heals leaky gut and promotes digestion). How’s your leaky gut doing?

-raster

benc

raster;31839 wrote: I agree. You should reduce your antifungals to 3 if possible; I would choose just the SF722, black walnut, and garlic (these are my 3 currently). I have not had itchiness for about a year but it did persist for a longer period of time than I anticipated.

I would look at the digestive enzymes I use as an alternative, it’s called pro-gest. You don’t need to take digestive enzymes and swedish bitters at the same time, just one or the other because they have the same effect.

I would look at taking a few more things that have been a major part of my recovery. It includes fermented cod liver oil (reduced inflammation) and L-glutamine (heals leaky gut and promotes digestion). How’s your leaky gut doing?

-raster

Thanks Raster.

I am taking 3 x anti fungals (6 x SF722 p/day, 3 x black walnut p/day in pill form. I was taking garlic, coconut oil in food every day but now just coconut oil). I’m going to cut the pills for a week or so & see if my skin calms down. My hands have really flared up & it makes cutting veg or opening bottles a pain.

I am also taking fish oil (not fermented cod liver oil though as its hard to find in the UK) & anything between 5-15g of glutamine per day. I also take acetyl l-carnitine in the morning & BCAA’s when I train.

How do you tell how your leaky gut is going?

My symptoms that I still have are:

-Itchyness on face, neck & palm (sometimes chest)
    -Fatigue (although much reduced & often only notice it if I’m really bored)
    -The odd heacache
    -Noticeable desiccated coconut in stool.

Otherwise i’m feel pretty good.

samuel50
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 26

Baking soda is frequently used to reduce itchy associated with insect stings or bites, because its nonacidic nature counteracts the irritation from the sting. Similarly, baking soda reduces irritation of red, chapped skin, especially from allergic causes, and coats the skin to smooth the area and prevent additional irritation. Cornstarch also coats and smooths itchy skin, much as it does for infant diaper rash areas.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Itchiness’ is closed to new replies.