IT IS BACK!!!!! I JUST WANT TO CRY….DIE…..CAN'T HANDLE THIS…..

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions IT IS BACK!!!!! I JUST WANT TO CRY….DIE…..CAN'T HANDLE THIS…..

This topic contains 36 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

I really and truly just want to cry. I can’t believe what I see in my mouth this morning. For the past few days I have really been having a sore throat. Thinking I must be getting strep throat. I have been waiting to see how I feel to ask you guys for advice about going to doctor…because of antibiotics etc. Well, I couldn’t sleep all night because throat hurt so very badly. What did I find when I woke up?? The back of my throat is covered in thick white film as well as tonsils and tongue is burning as it did when I first got this thrush…back in NOVEMBER. I truly thought I was close to being healed.

What have I done differently???? I ran out of kefir. I did not drink it for most of this week. I was not feeling so hot. Staying at school and working on papers etc till 10PM and just didn’t drink any. I was eating Greek yogurt every day and I have added a half a grapefruit to my morning. IDK if it was the grapefruit or what? I’m just sick to see it in full force. Something in my head tells me that I really don’t have this Candida as bad as others because I got it from antibiotics…so mine really is not real. Well, along comes a huge slap in the face. My mouth is burning; the corners of my mouth hurt and feel like they are going to crack. What brought this back? Why??????

This is what I eat almost every day…don’t change it up a whole lot.

Diet:
    ½ grapefruit
    1-2 fried eggs
    Coconut Bread
    Hot Water
    Water

Lunch:
    Greek Yogurt
    Water

Snack:
    Raw Broccoli/ Raw Cauliflower
    Water

Dinner:
    Huge Salad: Organic Spring Lettuce, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Red, Yellow & Green Peppers, Celery, Cucumbers, Olives (sometimes hard boiled eggs and sometimes small amount of broiled chicken (1/4 cup)
    Dressing: Braggs Organic ACV, Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Garlic Salt, Pepper
    Coconut Bread
    3- Hot Waters
    3 Water

I just drank some Kefir that I bought yesterday and can feel much relief. However, I can’t for the life of me understand why this has come back??? Do I go back to my doctor and get some antifungal stuff from him?

I am sooooo upset, so sad….I can’t figure out what I’m doing that is feeding this beast or not making it die or where it came from to rear its ugly head????

catlover345
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 43

If you think kefir helps it and was the cause for the flare up when you stopped drinking it.. well i would just keep drinking it then.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Jackie; I’m so sorry you’re going through this again, and so soon after the last flare-up too.

Most people have a terrible time realizing that Candida isn’t completely gone … until it’s completely gone. Sounds silly but unfortunately it’s true, and if it is true, then anything that we do differently than whatever is keeping it in check can set if off again. And this is the tricky part as you’re learning. Raster has written it many times, it can take from 6 to 18 months of treatment to be completely rid of the Candida infestation, and in my opinion, often much longer. This means that we shouldn’t assume that the infestation is gone for … at the very least … 18 months, unless we have some other way of knowing it’s gone. That makes sense, doesn’t it? It makes sense if for no other reason than the fact that, if the environment doesn’t suit them, Candida can “hibernate” until the terrain is once again ripe for their reappearance. This fact was proven by Dr. Tullio Simoncini of The Truth Matters Institute of Health.

This hibernation period can continue until we manage to keep the environment unsatisfactory for them long enough, and really, who knows how long that is? It just varies so much from one person to another.

Grapefruit can contain as much as 12 grams of sugar in a half grapefruit. Too much I’m afraid if you’re having commercial Greek yogurt one meal later which contains about 9 grams of sugar. You’re looking at approximately 20 grams of sugar in probably a 4 to 5 hour period every day.

You stated, “I ran out of kefir. I did not drink it for most of this week … I just drank some Kefir that I bought yesterday and can feel much relief.”
    Your statement above answers the question concerning the cause of your relapse, especially when you add the daily commercial yogurt and grapefruit to the equation.

I can only tell you what I would do in your place, Jackie. I’d stop eating the commercial Greek yogurt and commercial kefir and replace both with homemade kefir. I’d also leave the grapefruit out of my diet completely. When ingesting commercial yogurt or kefir you have no guarantee as far as far as how long the fermentation period lasted, and this is of ultra importance as far as the quality of the kefir or yogurt and amount of lactose that remains in the end product. Making it yourself at home guarantees both.

I was just reading over some of your posts and one written just a few days ago stated that you’re taking a multiple vitamin. Since this is not something that I personally advocate, it naturally caught my eye immediately. If you would, let me know which one this is as well as how long you’ve been taking it.

Please keep us posted.

Able

Jackie2
    Participant

I’m taking Trader Joe’s Vitamin Crusade High Potency Multiple Vitamin & Mineral Sustained Release Dietary Supplement.

I guess with the diet I’m so afraid that I’m missing important vitamins.

In addition to the vitamins you have told me to take as well. I can’t tell you what they are as I’m not at home to share.

Looking up the food I eat.

Chobani Greek Yogurt: Plain Non-Fat 8 oz serving is 9 grams of sugar
    Green Vallye Kefir: Plain 4 grams of sugar

Ok I will cut out the grapefruit. It just felt so good to be eating a piece of fruit and “felt” like I was giving myself some vitamin c.

I guess being a teacher and so many of my students being sick, strep etc. lately I’m paranoid about catching something and then having to get antibiotics.

I have to LISTEN to my body more closely because I was CRAVING sugar like mad. Wanting to snitch here and there. Fighting it all day yesterday!!!! I knew when I drank my warm water and warm lemon water that nothing helped the pain in my throat. When I went to bed my tongue was buring. I should have known. But I thought for sure I had strep. I was so scared about having to go to the doctor and get antibiotics I couldn’t even think it was this thrush comming back in full force because I have been so good.

I knew I was not drining Kefir but I knew I was eating perfect and thought it would be ok until I got some on Saturday.

I can’t tell you how my mouth is 80% cured from this morning. I woke up and I had a huge glob of yellow white patch on the back of my throat. It was AWFUL and quite gross. My tongue was burning. The roof of my mouth was a yellow/green color. I felt the room spin. I just couldn’t believe it was the Thrush back. I drank two glasses of the Kefir and the HUGE PATCH on the back of my throat is completely gone. My tongue still burns, and the corners of my mouth feel as if they are going to crack and bleed if I open my mouth too wide. But I’m so much better. Mentally….frustrated. I need to keep a better balance…but I keep thinking I’m better…not me…I don’t have the same level that others have…how can I be so stupid?

Thanks for your advice, guidance and any further help or suggestions you can give me.

Forever Thankful!!

Jackie

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Jackie,
    Hang in there! Your in my thoughts!
    Lauren

Able900
    Spectator

Jackie2 wrote: I guess with the diet I’m so afraid that I’m missing important vitamins.

Your problem isn’t a lack of vitamins with the diet, Jackie; as you know I cured my infestation with the diet and the supplements on the forum, and I’ve not been sick, not even a sneeze, since I started it. However, your problem could stem partially from a multiple vitamin if it contains an imbalanced ratio of certain vitamins and if taken long enough.

I have no doubt that if you’re taking the vitamins recommended on the protocol, plus the multiple vitamin pill, you’re getting ‘more’ than enough of the vitamins you need. The vitamin protocol that I recommend on the forum is in effect a tailored multiple vitamin.

Which probiotic are you taking and at what count?
    Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you are not taking a probiotic pill daily, then you may not be getting enough of the probiotic for you to recover as quickly as you hope. For instance, I was taking 60 billion per day plus some greek yogurt/kefir combo (I mix them together).

After 7 months on the diet, I recently treated myself to some tangerines…I just want to show you how long I waited to eat certain fruits. I have occasionally had a green apple here and there but have waited until I had no reactions to it to eat more regularly. I started to eat green apples about 1-2 months ago regularly (once every week or every other week).

As far as strep throat, I used to get it regularly as a kid. In fact, I had it soo often (every month for awhile) that all of the antibiotics they prescribed to me eventually became ineffective. That must’ve been close to 10 different types of antibiotics. What cured my strep problem? Removing my tonsils…and I highly recommend it if you are concerned about it coming back in the future. I also recommend talking to a doctor about the strep becauase it is not to be takin lightly from my own personal experience.

If you can afford it, you might want to take a vitamin blood test to see what your vitamin levels are like and adjust accordingly. For instance, you could be low in iodine or zinc and no one knows. Just a thought.

As far as your diet is concerned, I would try your best to eat more. I noticed a huge change for the better after I started to eat more foods, and to me, it looks like you gotta double what you eat. For instance, consider eating 2 salads per day, adding oat bran, eating buckwheat, chicken/lamb/buffalo sausage, trying out my teff bread recipe, or pumpkin pie muffin bread. You can fight this sucker off much better if you get more net energy in your diet.

-raster

Jackie2
    Participant

Quote Raster:

If you are not taking a probiotic pill daily, then you may not be getting enough of the probiotic for you to recover as quickly as you hope. For instance, I was taking 60 billion per day plus some greek yogurt/kefir combo (I mix them together).

Quote Able:
    Which probiotic are you taking and at what count?
    Able

Thank you both for your concern and patience with me and dealing with my ignorance. I am not taking any probiotic. Not a thing other than the greek yogurt, and the kefir. I also am not taking any antifungals.

I guess when I joined and started the diet I had it in my head (maybe due to the attitude of my doctor who said “You will feel better by Thanksgiving” ) that I didn’t need these things that I had a mild case of this and I woud be ok in a week or two.

I did ask at one time what probiotic I should take. I was standing infront of a huge choice of them at Whole Foods. I think they were in the refridgeration area if I am not mistaken??? At that time I think I was told to hold off for a week or so before I started them. Then I just kept getting better and better and I was really sticking to the diet. I think I was just thinking that I had a different stage of this nasty monster and I was on a faster road to recovery than all the rest.

Well, my eyes have been opened to a nasty reality and I think I need to visit my doctor.

My mouth has gotten worse as the day/night has gone on. I have had probably 4 cups of Kefir today each time I feel good for quite a while. I ate a salad and coconut bread. I am starving tonight and that is unusual. I just want to eat or chew something…something with crunch. I think it is the monster trying to get me to eat bad foods so I’m going to go and do my oil pulling and then call it a night.

I can’t thank you both enough for all the hours you log into this forum. No matter what anyone post I always read and look forward to the insight you will give them. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the time you dedicate to healing others.

Blessings to you both.

Jackie

Able900
    Spectator

Jackie2 wrote: I am not taking any probiotic. Not a thing other than the greek yogurt, and the kefir. I also am not taking any antifungals.

Jackie, my dear, this explains so much. This is why it’s been so easy for your infestation to ‘come back’ just when it seems to be all better. I’ve written before that the only thing that will bring about a complete cure is the beneficial bacteria which will change the entire environment to one in which the Candida simply can’t survive.

Of course you’ve been having the kefir and the yogurt, but these alone cannot do the job of curing the infestation alone, you’ll need literally billions and billions of bacteria in order to wipe out an entire infestation.
    I’m going to ask you to go ahead and purchase MegaFlora probiotic for a start. Get the 20 billion and start with one capsule at bedtime on an empty stomach (this is extremely important).

After about 7 days you can add another one and take it the first thing in the morning when you get up; that is if you have time to wait at least one hour before breakfast, if not, then go ahead and take the second one at night along with the first one.

By the way, I’m assuming that you have Molybdenum onhand, but if you don’t, please get a bottle before you start the probiotic, if not, you’re bound to experience the old die-off nightmare.

So glad that we cleared up the mystery. Now it’s up to you to do your part, J. The way you’ve improved without a probiotic is amazing, I can only imagine what’s going to transpire after a few weeks of taking one.

Able

Jackie2
    Participant

Able thanks so much for the advice. I have gone back and read the protocal this evening. I guess I dive into reading other post I couldn’t see the forest through the trees. I feel so ignorant.

Can I pick this up at Whole Foods or do I order it on line?

I will start right away and NO OF COURSE I DON’T have ” Molybdenum onhand”. When I went through the die off stage…I litteraly thought I was dying. I didn’t even think I would make it another day…but I was still confused as to what made me sick in the first place. I had skyrocketing blood pressure and all I did was watch my blood pressure drop and become normal. I was so sick prior to die off that it was just all balled up into one big week or two of “HELL” all of which I worked 8 hour days and then did parent teacher conferences during two of the very worst nights.

I’m so thankful you asked me those questions. I really thought the coconut oil, the garlic etc were the ticket…both of which I have had very little of the past 2 weeks…mainly because I was feeling so sick..and sick of eating. I was really beating myself up and food is looking like poison. When this happened I was truly devistaed. I’m a bit better tonight. But not a lot.

I told you I was being good and faithful to the diet…so I was trying really hard to be good and if I made a little slip it came right back…now I’m getting it. I’m usually not this dense and I did major in Biology/Science in college so some of this should sink in no matter how thick the BRAIN FOG!!! LOL

Again thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will go buy my goodies tomorrow.

Blessings,
    Jackie

Able900
    Spectator

Jackie2 wrote: I’m usually not this dense and I did major in Biology/Science in college so some of this should sink in no matter how thick the BRAIN FOG!!! LOL

Believe me, I know you’re not dense, J. And we can blame it on the fog of the Candida and die-off, good save.

I would imagine that Whole Foods has this, if not, I’ve found it in the Vitamin Shoppe chain stores before.

Good luck. Able

Jackie2
    Participant

Ok thanks I have one of those by me as well…I have never set foot in there…but lately I’m really finding my way into the health food stores.

Husband wants to make sure I thank you both for all the help you have provided for me. He is so frustrated that a Doctor did this to me and that I can’t seem to get a real answer from a doctor.

So “In Able and Raster we trust”

Thankfully,

Jackie

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Jackie,

I’m so glad you’ve worked out what happened and now have a positive plan again. Its so frustrating, isn’t it, when we feel bad and can’t find the root cause! And with a bit of hindsight it can all seem so obvious… (and I agree with your praise of Able & Raster but don’t tell Able I said that, he’d get a big head haha!!).

I’m amazed you got such great results from “just” the diet… it really proves how effective the diet is? The candida must have gone into hibernation because you were starving it… but because you weren’t actually killing it with antifungals it was just waiting to be fed again? Thats my very un-scientific take on what happened and it’s a warning to all of us!

Hope you feel well again soon.

Lx

Jackie2
    Participant

Able900 wrote:

I am not taking any probiotic. Not a thing other than the greek yogurt, and the kefir. I also am not taking any antifungals.

Jackie, my dear, this explains so much. This is why it’s been so easy for your infestation to ‘come back’ just when it seems to be all better. I’ve written before that the only thing that will bring about a complete cure is the beneficial bacteria which will change the entire environment to one in which the Candida simply can’t survive.

Of course you’ve been having the kefir and the yogurt, but these alone cannot do the job of curing the infestation alone, you’ll need literally billions and billions of bacteria in order to wipe out an entire infestation.
    I’m going to ask you to go ahead and purchase MegaFlora probiotic for a start. Get the 20 billion and start with one capsule at bedtime on an empty stomach (this is extremely important).

After about 7 days you can add another one and take it the first thing in the morning when you get up; that is if you have time to wait at least one hour before breakfast, if not, then go ahead and take the second one at night along with the first one.

By the way, I’m assuming that you have Molybdenum onhand, but if you don’t, please get a bottle before you start the probiotic, if not, you’re bound to experience the old die-off nightmare.

So glad that we cleared up the mystery. Now it’s up to you to do your part, J. The way you’ve improved without a probiotic is amazing, I can only imagine what’s going to transpire after a few weeks of taking one.

Able

Ok this is what I ended up getting

UDO’s Choice
    Super 8 Probiotic
    Deitary Supplement
    Maintains a Healthy Yeast Balance
    30 Billion Cells per serving

http://www.udoerasmus.com/products/probiotics_super8_en.htm

It is not what you told me to get but what the lady insisted I get at the Vitamine Shoppe.

Please let me know if it is ok to take or not. I was going to take one tonight before bed. Just got home and drank Kefir..not to bad today but still can feel the burning. I need relief…and I’m hesitant to go to doctor for help. Wondering what kind of Doctor I need to go see specifically. MD didn’t know what to do and said see dentist. Dentist said keep doing what I’m doing. ENT said this was a cult and there is no such thing as Candida Overgrowth…HELP!!! I want to get better.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Jackie
    http://www.udoerasmus.com/products/probiotics_super8_en.htm

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Keep posting if you don’t resolve your oral candidiasis.
    Jorge.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘IT IS BACK!!!!! I JUST WANT TO CRY….DIE…..CAN'T HANDLE THIS…..’ is closed to new replies.