Isn't molybdenum the best anti-fugal or is grapefruit seed extract?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Isn't molybdenum the best anti-fugal or is grapefruit seed extract?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jeremiah 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Jeremiah
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 31

Able, you and the experts were saying in one post, that molybdenum was thought to be the strongest anti-fungal.

I’m just about at the end of my die-off, I think, and when I’m at my health foods store, which I’ve got to say is a very good one, run by a smart naturopathic Dr. and she has a program there called Hyperhealth Pro 10.0 that has a multitude of good information on every form of natural heath issues, it’s supplements, enzymes, herbs, proteins, probiotics, etc. etc.

Lapachol, according to the natural foods software I just mentioned, is (a constituent of Pau D’Arco) and may kill/supress various kinds of Detrimental Microorganisms. Why would they say, MAY suppress, when we know it does. It then goes on to say Grapefruit Seed Extract may AGAIN, kill/suppress many (more than 900) kinds of Detrimental Microorganisms. They say it’s regarded by many as the Antimicrobial of choice in terms of its effectiveness and ability to exert effects against a wide number of Detrimental Microorganisms.

So they all MAY suppress, ( why do they say may suppress ) or Kill various kinds of bad organisms. They have to know that they do in fact kill these organisms, but they say may, and isn’t molybdenum the strongest of the antifungals, and now they’re saying Grapefruit Seed Extract can kill more than 900 types. I’m getting confused as to what to buy as an antifungal killer and which is more likely to kill the most strains, or various kinds, or is the only strain an overage of yeast. I’m confused. Shark Liver Oil may inhibit many types of Bacteria, and Olive Leaf, and Mastic, and Propolis, but when they say may inhibit, or may kill, what does that mean. It sounds like they’re unsure. Do they all have different potencies or is this an imperfect science. Just looking for a consistent Anti-Fungal?????

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Quote: Able, you and the experts were saying in one post, that molybdenum was thought to be the strongest anti-fungal.

I’ve never written that, Jeremiah, and I doubt anyone else on the forum has stated that, at least not if they knew anything about Molybdenum.
    Molybdenum is not known for antifungal properties. It’s a mineral which we use to remove the Candida toxins from the body, so in this way it allows you to get through the die-off periods without so much suffering. It also protects the liver and kidneys from the aldehyde toxins released by the Candida.

How about sending me the link to the post that claims that Molybdenum is an antifungal. If I wrote it, I just may shoot myself.

Thanks.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you want a really good antifungal, I suggest SF722 undecenoic acid, which is effective in the long term for fighting candida.

Like able said, molybdenum isn’t an antifungal but a mineral/vitamin. I don’t think anyone has said molybdenum is an antifungal.

-Raster

Jeremiah

Sorry Able, I thought the killing of yeast and die-off was the job of anti-fungals, probably just the common sense anti fungal and the killing of yeast to be the same animal. My fault.

What exactly is the difference between an antifungal and a yeast killer, or whatever name molybdenum has. I was looking for a long range yeast killer if one was to, either get weak and eat something that didn’t intuitively feel right as if the die-off hadn’t completed yet. Molybdenum seems to be that long range most competent killer of yeast for again a days total of yeast or sugar being a little to high.

Raster, thanks for the heads up on SF722 undecenoic as an antifungal. What is the difference between a yeast killer like molybdenum and SF722 undecenoic. That’s what’s confusing for me. Or grapefruit seed is supposed to kill a large spectrum of candida and so is SF722 undecenoic, what would be the difference? Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wrote a hugely long response, but the website timed out and logged me out. This is really annoying.

Anyways, here is a list of antifungals that can be used to kill candida:

http://www.candida-cure-recipes.com/antifungal-herbs.html

There are other ways to kill fungus, and this includes the following:
    -Killing it off with the anti-candida diet (starving it)
    -Temperature
    -Oxygen
    -Probiotics
    -Light (UV)

Molbdynem has completely different properties. When you kill candida it will cause “die off.” When this occurs, toxins are released within the body which are harmful and give you bad symptoms. Molybdenum is useful for extracting/releasing the dead candida and toxins from the body and for protecting vital organs such as the liver.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Jeremiah;

Quote: Sorry Able, I thought the killing of yeast and die-off was the job of anti-fungals.

Reply: Killing the yeast actually is the job of an antifungal, Jeremiah, but antifungals can’t diminish the die-off symptoms because die-off is caused by the toxins which are released by dying Candida.

Quote: “probably just the common sense anti-fungal and the killing of yeast to be the same animal.”

Reply: You’re right, antifungals kill the yeast, and since Candida are a form of yeast, they can also kill the Candida.

Quote: What exactly is the difference between an antifungal and a yeast killer, or whatever name molybdenum has.

Reply: Antifungals and a yeast killer is the same thing; antifungals kill pathogens like yeast or Candida. Examples of antifungals are garlic, GSE, SF722 undecenoic acid, and oil of oregano. Coconut oil is a whole-food form of antifungal which and also kill the yeast/Candida.

Molybdeunum is an antioxidant which detoxifies the body by removing toxins. Toxins are created by both living and dying Candida, but when the toxins come from the dying Candida, this is called die-off.

Quote: What is the difference between a yeast killer like molybdenum and SF722 undecenoic?

Reply: The difference is that molybdenum is not an antifungal; it’s an antioxidant whereas the SF722 is an antifungal.

Antioxidants remove toxins from the body and antifungals kill yeast and Candida. Candida and yeast are “not” toxins, they’re living organisms.

Quote: Or grapefruit seed is supposed to kill a large spectrum of candida and so is SF722 undecenoic acid, what would be the difference?

Reply: There’s no basic difference; GSE and SF722 are both antifungals. It’s just a matter of SF722 being a stronger antifungal.

Quote: Molybdenum seems to be that long range most competent killer of yeast for again a days total of yeast or sugar being a little to high.

Reply: No, that’s incorrect. To be sure I’ve explained what the purpose of molybdenum is; molybdenum does not kill the yeast or Candida; but it does detoxify the body of the toxins that the Candida expel.

When you have a Candida infestation, you need both; antifungals to kill the Candida and antioxidants to remove their toxins.

The long-term antifungal you should use is homemade kefir and a good probiotic capsule. This is what will both kill the Candida as well as support a beneficial environment for the beneficial bacteria to thrive which is what will eventually prevent the Candida from returning providing the diet isn’t drastically changed for the worse which means adding too much sugar to your diet.

Let us know if you need further explanations.
    Able

Jeremiah

Wow, before I say thanks for clearing that up. Did I not notice the list of replies underneath this new reply post before, or is it new. Whatever the case it sure makes it nice to have the list as a reference opposed to constantly going back or minimizing; good work.

Thanks for the effort in that response raster, as it probably looked something like Able’s, giving the difference between anti fungals and antioxidants, or yeast killers and toxin removers, like Able explained so well. Raster, the list of antifungals is what I was looking for as a lifetime tag a long partner, to always have available some kind of antifungal for killing any yeasts, that intuitively pile up by eating a little bit too much sucrose or fructose, or carbs period. Is there a specific blood test that can be had to give one a quick yeast level, and by taking a blood sample of yeast amounts, where do the yeast specifically lie percentage wise, blood %, high intestine %, because I have a theory that there is a lot of yeast in the blood when the intestinal flora is imbalanced, because when I was in college and started drinking beer, after a childhood of antibiotics, I had a lot of pimples on my back that always had the same core, a white semi-hard piece of what I think was yeast that always looked the same, and because of my genetics, yeast always tried to find a way out by means of these pimples. This is gross, but I could hit the ceiling, sitting on the couch and squeezing them. My dad didn’t seem to care because he did the same thing when he drank beer, and in his childhood had a kidney disease that kept him in bed for one year.

Anyway, I’m clear now on antifungals killing the yeast and the die-off and detoxing of the yeast is done by antioxidants or minerals like molybdenum. What I remember reading, which I got wrong, was something about molybdenum being the best at what it was supposed to be doing. So someone I think said molybdenum was well thought of as the best toxic releasing agent that we can use. What are other dead yeast removal substances or antioxidants? Oh, and did I get it right that kefir was an antifungal. I thought is was a probiotic. Do probiotics kill yeasts? Not clear on that one. I thought store bought bifido and lactobacillius were replacements of good flora, but if probiotics kill fungus, they must do both? Are liver detoxifiers like milk thistle, and certain mushrooms like the purple reishi antler mushrooms, and purple kculli optimized corn extract and biomass, known for their antioxidant and free radical activity, known for strengthening the liver also known as yeast extricators. I guess any liver detoxifier helps the liver when its full of yeast among all the other bodily toxins. So if one wanted a good maintenance anti fungal, would it be SF722 undecenoic acid, and by maintenance I mean when one cheats on sugar and wants to make sure they haven’t started an overbalance of flora, what do you guys use as a deterrent.

Able900
    Spectator

Quote: Is there a specific blood test that can be had to give one a quick yeast level?

Reply: Check some of Jorge’s posts as he’s a big fan of tests.

Quote: … where do the yeast specifically lie percentage wise, blood %, high intestine %, because I have a theory that there is a lot of yeast in the blood when the intestinal flora is imbalanced.

Reply: No doubt you hear the mention of Candida in the bloodstream often enough, but to be honest, this is a rather rare form of Candida, and I’ve never know of anyone on the forum to actually have this type of Candida. That’s probably because people who join the forum are more adapt at searching out for themselves the cause of their health problems and therefore avoid prolonging the treatment. Once Candida has progressed to a point of actually entering into the bloodstream, it’s no longer a simple Candida infestation; instead it’s referred to as Candida sepsis, which means that it’s now a body-wide infection. At this point it’s extremely difficult to treat and is usually necessary to treat in a hospital. The death rate from late stage Candidiasis, or Candida sepsis, is estimated to be as high as 70%. This is why we try to convince people to treat the infestation as soon as possible instead of putting the treatment off for even a week or until after a holiday or birthday or any of the many ‘special’ days that they believe warrant avoiding the treatment. But it seems that a lot of members want to become ‘accustomed to the diet” very slowly leading us to believe that they assume that the infestation won’t grow any worse, but as you see, this way of thinking can be dangerous.

Keep in mind that a ‘full blown Candida infestation’ isn’t necessarily the same thing as Candida sepsis. A so-called full-blown Candida infestation can refer to the fact that the Candida has entered different parts of the body such as the sinuses, vagina, mouth, and intestines, but it isn’t a body-wide bloodstream infestation. ‘Full blown’ can also refer to the toxins from both living and dying Candida reaching the liver and kidneys causing additional problems with these organs.

Quote: Do probiotics kill yeasts? Not clear on that one. I thought store bought bifido and lactobacillius were replacements of good flora, but if probiotics kill fungus, they must do both?

Reply: Yes, probiotics do kill the Candida and other yeast, and they also provide us with the beneficial bacteria or flora that we need to rebuild the immune system and maintain a well-working digestive system.
    The way that the beneficial bacteria destroy Candida albicans is; first the probiotic or bacteria are able to produce acids which have the ability to turn off the Candida growth gene; this keeps the Candida in their benign yeast form instead of allowing them to turn into their aggressive fungal form known as Candida albicans. The acids also create a harmful environment for the Candida albicans which can cause death to the cells. By the way, Swedish bitters can do the same thing as far as turning of the Candida growth gene.

Able

Jeremiah

Able that last post said Swedish Bitters turns off the Candida growth gene. I have Daily Bitters by GAIA, for digestion, absorption, and elimination. It has tumeric rhizome, Milk Thistle Seed, Wild Yarn Root, Fennel Seed, Dandelion Root, Gentian Root, Cardamom seed, Ginger rhizome, Indian Gooseberry, Bitter Orange Peel essence, Anise seed essence, blend of sea vegetation, 60% pure vegetable glycerin, and water. Are these herbs etc. parallel to Swedish Bitters?

I’m trying to figure out what GAIA had in mind when they made Daily Bitters. There is nothing on the bottle as to what this is good for. I’m assuming it’s for Candida, or whatever Bitters was originally designed for.

Able900
    Spectator

Jeremiah wrote: I’m trying to figure out what GAIA had in mind when they made Daily Bitters. There is nothing on the bottle as to what this is good for. I’m assuming it’s for Candida, or whatever Bitters was originally designed for.

The purpose of bitters is to supply enzymes to your body to help with smoother digestion and detoxing the body.
    A half-dropper full of the bitters placed on the back of the tongue will stimulate nerves which in turn causes the body to produce enzymes which are used for proper digestion. They also contain detoxing properties and are excellent when used for flushing the liver of toxins. This is why you should drink plenty of water before and after taking bitters.

As long as bitters are made from bitter herbs and as long as they’re alcohol-free, it doesn’t really matter which specific herbs it contains.

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Able900 wrote: This is why you should drink plenty of water before and after taking bitters.

How much water would you say? I’ve been trying to avoid water right before and after meals because it’s supposed to dilute digestive enzymes. Is this any different when taking the bitters? I’ve been putting 1/2 teaspoon on the back of my tongue after a good-sized meal and then have some water about an hour later.

Jeremiah

Able wrote:
    A half-dropper full of the bitters placed on the back of the tongue will stimulate nerves which in turn causes the body to produce enzymes which are used for proper digestion.

Able, on this bottle in says to put the one half-dropper in a half glass of water. Is that ok, or do the nerves on the back of the tongue have to have direct contact with the bitters without water.
    Also in conjunction with Javicy, I take my 2nd and last bitters right before bed and try to drink a bunch of water before bed, and also don’t know about the enzymes, but have also found to get up in the morning with a bloated and uneasy stomach. I’m wondering if anybody has experimented with taking bitters about 4 hrs. before bed to keep, with water, and therefore keeping the bitters to not just lie there in the stomach in a horizontal position, if that makes any difference at all.

Also how do you guys put that dotted surround around the quote?

Able900
    Spectator

Jeremiah, your inquiries are addressed below.

Quote: Able, on this bottle in says to put the one half-dropper in a half glass of water. Is that ok, or do the nerves on the back of the tongue have to have direct contact with the bitters without water.

Reply: What’s your brand, Jeremiah?
    Most of the bitter brands suggest dropping a specific amount onto the tongue; this way it’s easier to get the bitter taste to do what it’s supposed to do.

Quote: I take my 2nd and last bitters right before bed and try to drink a bunch of water before bed, and also don’t know about the enzymes, but have also found to get up in the morning with a bloated and uneasy stomach. I’m wondering if anybody has experimented with taking bitters about 4 hrs. before bed to keep, with water, and therefore keeping the bitters to not just lie there in the stomach in a horizontal position, if that makes any difference at all.

Reply: Digestive bitters increase the production of saliva and gastric juices which accelerates the stomach emptying; this in turn causes the pancreas to release digestive enzymes.

As you see above, the process includes the stomach being able to empty itself of food which then causes the pancreas to release the needed enzymes.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Javizy. Your answers are below.

Quote: How much water would you say?

Reply: I don’t know as I’ve never really measured. I’ve always kept a bottle or a glass with me all day long and even by the bed at night drinking it all day and at least one bottle overnight.

Quote: I’ve been trying to avoid water right before and after meals because it’s supposed to dilute digestive enzymes. Is this any different when taking the bitters?

Reply: Yes it is different. The reason you need to drink plenty of water with the bitters is the fact that bitters also have the ability to flush toxins from the liver when the vagus nerves are stimulated; it’s a part of the digestion process when everything happens as it should. Of course it’s better to have plenty of water when toxins, by way of the flush, are trying to leave your body. Wouldn’t you agree?

Quote: I’ve been putting 1/2 teaspoon on the back of my tongue after a good-sized meal and then have some water about an hour later.”

Reply: I would suggest that you start drinking water immediately after having the bitters.

Able

Ashlay
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 57

Able, I didn’t really get a difinite answer in my other post, did I read you post somewhere that Swedish Bitters with alcohol wouldnt hurt as it is such a small amount ? or was that in regard to a different product?

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Isn't molybdenum the best anti-fugal or is grapefruit seed extract?’ is closed to new replies.