is yogurt ok?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions is yogurt ok?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hamlet 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hamlet
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hello everyone:

I have been suffering from candida for more than 10 years according to my calculations. I am now on stage one, on the ninth day and it’s hard but eventually will be worth all the sacrifice if in the end candidiasis disappears.

My question is about yogurt, it contains a small amount of lactose and although the main forum says it is not dangerous, I would like to know your opinions, is it really safe to consume? has anyone had problems with it?

Thanks in advance!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

The forum’s protocol talks about kefir and yogurt and when to start them.
    Below is a quote taken from the post;

“Ten days to two weeks from the day you actually start the diet (depending on how your treatment has progressed at the time), you could test a natural probiotic, specifically homemade kefir or homemade yogurt – if you start one of these at that time, you should definitely use homemade products only and not a commercial type of yogurt or kefir.

Then two weeks later, or four weeks after finishing the detox, you can test commercially purchased organic non-sweetened Greek yogurt. Oikos and Fage are two excellent brands of organic Greek yogurt.

NOTE: Homemade kefir will be the most beneficial whole food supplement added throughout your treatment.”

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Able

Hamlet

Thank you Able, for your prompt response and for all the help you provide to those who suffer this condition!

I’ve read the protocol now.

I have a question, in case of a homemade yogurt, is there a way to know if the yogurt has been fermented long enough to remove all of the sugar? I mean, perhaps the taste, consistency…?

Regards,

Hamlet

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hamlet wrote: Thank you Able, for your prompt response and for all the help you provide to those who suffer this condition!
    I’ve read the protocol now.
    I have a question, in case of a homemade yogurt, is there a way to know if the yogurt has been fermented long enough to remove all of the sugar? I mean, perhaps the taste, consistency…?

Actually, I didn’t say that the Candida can eat amylase. But I’ll explain why I don’t think it’s the best idea to obtain extra amylase when one is suffering from Candida: each time you eat a food that contains any amount of carbs, your body releases the enzyme, amylase which proceeds to break the carbohydrates down into sugar. In other words, a human body cannot change carbohydrates into sugar without alpha amylase being present. Adding more amylase to the mix certainly is not going to help the Candida treatment, and in fact, some doctors will recommend an amylase blocker for Candida sufferers.

If you follow the directions for making yogurt and ferment it for the right amount of time and the temperature is very close to what is called for, then the fermentation should be complete. But you’d probably have better luck if you use a yogurt maker since the temperature is automatically set.

In my opinion, homemade kefir is much more beneficial for your treatment than yogurt is. If you want to start with an easier way of making kefir than using kefir grains, you can purchase a kefir starter kit made by “Body Ecology.”

Able

Hamlet

Thank you for the helpful information!

Regards,

Hamlet

JohnnyPonny
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 39

You wont remove all the sugar in the yougurt. The fermenting process will remove some but there is still lactose in it.

I would be careful and not introduse it to fast,I know it’s temting. One consequens of introdusing it to fast, is that distingusih between die off and allergi/intolerance is hard. If you wait until your done with the die off it makes it a whole lot easyer. I have personally introduced yougert and other products to fast did’t go so well. The amount is inporent to, dont over do it the first time. Some smal sips a day probely would be the best way to start.

*JP*

Hamlet

Thanks Johnny, I will take your advice in consideration! I think I’ll wait to introduce yogurt because don’t want to go one step forward and two steps back. I was under treatment and diet for months but finding this site makes me noticed that I was consuming many products which are banned here, I noticed an improvement in my health but candidiasis is still here.

Hamlet

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘is yogurt ok?’ is closed to new replies.