Is Vit C an antifungal

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is Vit C an antifungal

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

Is vit c an antifungal, I have started taking a capsule containing 1000mg and I seem to get cold feet from it, I know that cold hands and feet can be a die off symptom.

jereseib79
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 62

I dont think Vitamin C has any anti-fungal properties. I know it is more of an anti-oxidant that would be beneficial in helping your body deal with candida.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

jamesb;36481 wrote: Is vit c an antifungal, I have started taking a capsule containing 1000mg and I seem to get cold feet from it, I know that cold hands and feet can be a die off symptom.

Effects of ascorbic acid on the antifungal action of amphotericin B.
    Brajtburg J, Elberg S, Kobayashi GS, Medoff G.
    Source
    Division of Infectious Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO 63110.
    Abstract
    Ascorbic acid enhanced the lethal but not the permeabilizing effects of amphotericin B on Candida albicans and Cryptococcus neoformans cells. Two other ene-diol acids, D-erythorbate and dihydroxyfumarate, also enhanced the lethal action of amphotericin B on Can. albicans. Maleic acid and gulanolactone, compounds structurally related to ascorbic acid but not containing the ene-diol group, had no such effect. It is assumed that ascorbic acid and the two other ene-diol acids acting as pro-oxidants augmented the oxidation-dependent killing of fungal cells induced by amphotericin B.

However, adding vitamin c to a fluconazole regime, reduces its antifungal activity.

Jorge.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Is Vit C an antifungal’ is closed to new replies.