Is Vegemite and Marmite ok?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is Vegemite and Marmite ok?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Golfer4588 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Golfer4588
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 32

Hi guys,

Is Vegemite and Marmite ok?

I found this article but would love to hear someone’s opinion from this forum?

I love the stuff and it makes a great flavouring to stocks and sauces.

Nutritional Yeast

Nutritional yeast is often made from the deactivated yeast species S. cerevisiae. Deactivated yeast cannot reproduce and infect you. Nutritional yeast extract is essentially the contents of the yeast with its cell wall removed, which is done primarily by adding salt and heat. Nutritional yeast extract can be consumed as liquid supplements, within food spreads such as Vegemite and Marmite or as powdered capsules. Nutritional yeast tastes a little cheesy and is an excellent source of protein, vitamins and minerals.

Many thanks

Richard

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There’s another yeast we’ve promoted on the forum called s. boulardii and it has been shown to have anti-candida characteristics where it feeds on the candida. The only negative aspect to boulardii is that you could potentially get a yeast infection if you consume it too much. A few members on the forum have tried boulardii with good success but its more of an experimental approach to fighting candida. If you have candida badly, the other yeasts shouldn’t have a huge impact on its numbers in general especially if you have an infestation of candida. You’re welcome to try out the nutritional yeast but it hasn’t really been promoted on this forum.

On a side note: I have some nutritional yeast in my standard process supplements and it hasn’t caused any problems.

-raster

Golfer4588

Thanks Raster,

Just a biy spread on a bit of toast every now and again would be great!

I will look into the boulardii!

Thanks again

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

It has loads of vitamins, especially B ones. I heard a crazy story of someone living on it for a few weeks to cure some ailment or another, so it’s certainly not lacking in nutrition. I think it contains a lot of starch and oestrogen though, so you might wanna look into it in more detail.

Golfer4588

Thanks for the heads up!

I have to be honest the whole oestrogen confuses me completely.

The same as with chickpeas, I would love to be able to have Gram flour!

Javizy

Golfer4588 wrote: I have to be honest the whole oestrogen confuses me completely.

It’s basically just a hormone that you want to keep low, because it has a lot of negative side-effects in both men and women. If you know any girls who’ve tried coming off the pill, you might have some idea. Lowered testosterone, hair loss, man boobs and prostate cancer are some oestrogen side-effects men can look forward to. It also stimulates yeast to reproduce.

I just posted a link to a post about the daddy of phytoestrogens, soy http://suppversity.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/study-finds-17x-elevated-estrogen-high.html They may be plant sterols, but they have measurable effects on us. You don’t have to avoid them completely, just do your best to keep them low. In the case of legumes, soaking and cooking them thoroughly can remove a good amount of them.

Golfer4588

Wow, I had no idea!

Soaking dried legumes definitely sounds like the way forward but it doesn’t sound like there is a lot I can do about the flour so guess its out.

Oh well, that’s a statement I’m kind of getting used to!

Thanks again

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

Javizy wrote:

I have to be honest the whole oestrogen confuses me completely.

It’s basically just a hormone that you want to keep low, because it has a lot of negative side-effects in both men and women. If you know any girls who’ve tried coming off the pill, you might have some idea. Lowered testosterone, hair loss, man boobs and prostate cancer are some oestrogen side-effects men can look forward to. It also stimulates yeast to reproduce.

I just posted a link to a post about the daddy of phytoestrogens, soy http://suppversity.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/study-finds-17x-elevated-estrogen-high.html They may be plant sterols, but they have measurable effects on us. You don’t have to avoid them completely, just do your best to keep them low. In the case of legumes, soaking and cooking them thoroughly can remove a good amount of them.

As far as phytoestrogens are concerned, you’d do well to avoid plastics as well. They disrupt the endocrine system for the worse.

Len

Golfer4588

Thanks Len,

I am trying to cut down on my plastics lately as I find it keeps getting stick in my teeth!

Only joking but I do freeze a lot of food in plastic containers and drink all my water out of plastic bottles.

Is this a problem?

Javizy

Avoid the numbers 3, 6 and 7 with plastics, since they leech into your food/water the most. The PET bottles for most water are probably okay. It’s not like tap water isn’t full of crap… I’m not sure how great Tupperware is, but definitely avoid heating it in the microwave.

Oestrogens are literally everywhere. Birth control pills are made from soot extracts because there are hundreds of oestrogenic compounds that can be isolated and patented, so pollution is another issue. Pesticides are oestrogenic too, and most cosmetics are full of oestrogenic compounds. A lot of vegetables have phytoestrogens in smaller amounts, especially crucifers (cabbage, sprouts etc), but again cooking them is enough to reduce them.

Apparently the soot oestrogen patents expire soon, so it’ll be interesting to see how society’s view of the “female hormone” changes over the next decade or so.

Golfer4588

Sorry to ask again but I’m still unsure regarding the whole marmite situation.

I keep looking on the net but as usual with searching candida related subjects every article contradicts the next.

I have always loved marmite, not just on toast but as a flavouring in all sorts of foods and would love to continue.

These are the ingredients and the yeast is non active.
    Salt
    Vegetable Extract
    Niacin
    Thiamin
    Spice Extracts
    Riboflavin
    Folic Acid
    Celery Extract
    Vitamin B12

Many people also recommend, tahini(ground, hulled sesame seeds)but seeds are supposed to be a no no?

I have tried some almond butter which I also love!

Basically I’m just looking for as many different things to put on my buckwheat toast as possible!

Many thanks

Richard

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is Vegemite and Marmite ok?’ is closed to new replies.