Is topical clindamycin ok to use?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is topical clindamycin ok to use?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ejd 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ejd
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

I am just on day two of the cleanse, and realized I’m using Clindamycin (antibiotic) topically on my scalp – so I am wondering if it’s topical (liquid) is that ok, since it’s not entering my body?

Interesting that if it is feeding the candida that I was prescribed it to combat a side effect, probably, of the candida!

Thanks!

89Mirageman
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 55

I am positive that there are people on here with more experience than me but from what I have read things that we put on our skin do indeed enter the bloodstream.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Clindamycin is indeed an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections. And 89Mirageman is correct, it will enter the body and the bloodstream through the skin. In fact, research has said that when something is rubbed into the skin as opposed to taking by mouth at least 40% more of it is absorbed into the body. All it’s going to do is kill off any beneficial bacteria you may have, making it that much easier for the Candida albicans infestation to grow.
    If I were you, I’d ask this doctor if he knows anything at all about fungal yeast infections.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would go with a probiotic and the diet instead of an antibiotic; that is my two cents.

ejd
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Yeah, I guess that’s what I was “afraid” of… but I’m now thinking that if I keep up with the program, maybe it will then clear up anyhow. Thanks for the input!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is topical clindamycin ok to use?’ is closed to new replies.