Is Toenail Fungus Always Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is Toenail Fungus Always Candida?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  many sparrows 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

honeybee
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I’m 27 and have had a toenail fungus for about 7 years! Now that I’m pregnant with baby #2 it’s gotten a lot worse and I’ve had to cut away most of the nail. Topical home remedies don’t seem to work and the nail hasn’t grown in awhile–I’m worried I’ll lose it altogether and it will never grown back… I’ve read toenail fungus can be caused by a candida yeast overgrowth but I have no other symptoms. I do have PCOS but have been able to conceive naturally twice. I’d welcome any thoughts or comments, my main question is do you think toenail fungus always indicates you have some amount of candida overgrowth, even if you have no other obvious symptoms?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

If you have no other Candida symptoms at all, then it’s probably being caused by a milder yeast fungus. However, toenails which show signs of a fungal infection are a sign that you have too much yeast in your body. Remember that yeast are like Candida in that they feed
    on sugar and simple carbohydrates – and they can reproduce which means their numbers can increase.

Able

honeybee
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thanks so much for the reply! What is your opinion on dietary needs in this case, would you think a full-blown strict candida diet is necessary or would you just reduce carbs and sugars(or allow some carbs and/or fruit and eliminate other sugars as much as possible)?

many sparrows
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 42

Have you tried tea tree oil, or neem oil?
    TEa tree oil is so strong you need to make sure you put the stuff strictly only on the nail, otherwise you actually kill off beneficial bacteria on the skin around and you end up causing bad itchiness there. If this happens, as the oil is hard to direct, simply put natural live yoghurt(no added sugar) on the itchy skin and that sorts it out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Is Toenail Fungus Always Candida?’ is closed to new replies.