Is this yogurt fine?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is this yogurt fine?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Angor 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

It’s a turkish yogurt, contains: High pasteurized milk, cream, yogurt culture. I don’t know … A link to nutrition value (in swedish though).

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The translation cracks me up! LOL.

A few things about it:

-Doesn’t mention sugar content whatsoever. Sugar per serving is the key factor in deciding a yogurt.
    -Unsure the process its made with because its different than greek yogurt or other yogurts (its turkish yogurt, so does it contain more or less probiotics?)
    -It’s not organic which means it likely contains some hormones or antibiotics.

“Mild, with a pleasant acidity and creamy texture. The natural acid in Turkish yoghurt make it ideal as a base, for example, dressings, where it can replace mayonnaise and made ​​some vinegar. The acid also makes yogurt fits well with dishes that themselves contain acidic ingredients such as tomato based sausage stroganoff. In this context stratifies other dairy products easily. The sweet companion gives the yogurt fresh taste, while a rich contrast.”

Replacement for mayonnaise, YES!

Angor

Angor wrote:

The translation cracks me up! LOL.

A few things about it:

-Doesn’t mention sugar content whatsoever. Sugar per serving is the key factor in deciding a yogurt.
    -Unsure the process its made with because its different than greek yogurt or other yogurts (its turkish yogurt, so does it contain more or less probiotics?)
    -It’s not organic which means it likely contains some hormones or antibiotics.

“Mild, with a pleasant acidity and creamy texture. The natural acid in Turkish yoghurt make it ideal as a base, for example, dressings, where it can replace mayonnaise and made ​​some vinegar. The acid also makes yogurt fits well with dishes that themselves contain acidic ingredients such as tomato based sausage stroganoff. In this context stratifies other dairy products easily. The sweet companion gives the yogurt fresh taste, while a rich contrast.”

Replacement for mayonnaise, YES!

I have the ecologic kind. Total carbs is 5,1 g. But it says there’s no added sugar. So only natural. They have an eco greek yogurt too, maybe I should buy that one. It was my sister who bought the turkish yogurt, she didn’t know there could be a difference. Their greek yogurt says total carbs 5,8 g. But again, they say the yogurt has no added sugar.

“One serving yogurt must contain at least 100 million bacteria to cause this effect. It is about 1 cup of Lindahl’s Turkish, Greek or Russian yogurt.”

“Lindahl’s Greek, Turkish and Russian yogurt contains no added gelatin,
    sugar or hydrogenated fats. The thick, creamy consistency is a natural result of
    yogurt acidification process.”

It also says that the turkish yougurt is more mild and less sour than the greek, maybe that means the greek is better after all?

Does this say something about if it’s fine or not? 🙂 Thanks for helping.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Its not about added sugar levels, its all about total natural sugar content. For instance, regular american yogurt contains 17-24g of natural sugar per serving while greek yogurt contains 8-11g of natural sugar per serving…

-raster

Angor

raster wrote: Its not about added sugar levels, its all about total natural sugar content. For instance, regular american yogurt contains 17-24g of natural sugar per serving while greek yogurt contains 8-11g of natural sugar per serving…

-raster

Ah, I see. Haven’t really gotten the hang of this yet, but I think I’ll just stick with greek yogurt to be on the safe side. Though you can tell one thing from the nutrition value, it can’t be more than 5,1 g of sugar. Thanks!

Angor

Another yogurt question. I started looking around and found that Oikos and Fage, the two recomended brands contains about 8 g sugar. While that turkish yogurt I was talking about contains only 4,8 (not 5,1 as I earlier said, since I have the eco kind).

Could someone please give me a tour in the world of yogurt. Is the one with more sugar really better cause the label says greek, or is it something special about greek yogurt? Also, I found another greek yogurt with only 3,5 grams of sugar, isn’t that more benificial? 🙂 I’d love to get it all explained. I’ts a bit confusing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is this yogurt fine?’ is closed to new replies.