Is this recipe Stage 1?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is this recipe Stage 1?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alwcm4 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

alwcm4
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 19

I think I’ve finagled this down to a Stage 1 recipe, but wanted to check before I tried it. If it’s good I’ll post over in the recipe section:

Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients:

1 or 2 lbs of stew meat or thinly sliced steak or roast
    2-3 Tbsp olive oil
    1 can sliced mushrooms – OMIT
    1 medium onion diced
    1 24oz tub of sour cream (substitute Fage 2% Greek Yogurt)
    2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup – see recipe below
    1-2 cups of organic beef broth
    1 package extra wide egg noodles (substitute spaghetti squash or brown rice noodles)

Preparation:
    Start water in a stock pot to boil noodles. In a separate pan heat meat, onions and mushrooms until meat it browned. Add in broth and cream of mushroom soup and let simmer while noodles cook. Once noodles are done, drain them and set aside. Add the sour cream with the meat sauce and mix well, then poor on top of noodles and mix together.

Cream of Mushroom”less” Soup

Ingredients:

8 ounces fresh mushrooms – OMIT
    2 tablespoons onions, chopped
    1 -2 garlic clove, minced
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 -3 tablespoons flour (substitute coconut flour or quinoa)
    2 cups organic chicken broth
    1 cup light cream or 1 cup evaporated milk (substitute Fage 2% Greek Yogurt)
    1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions:

Put oil in large frying pan. Add in onions and garlic. Cook until onions are soft. Blend in 2 T. flour and stir. Add in the chicken broth and heat until slightly thickened while stirring frequently. Stir cream with additional 1 T. flour and seasonings. Add in cream to soup. Heat to thicken while stirring frequently.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sounds pretty good except for the beef part. Beef is one of the bad meats out there and can definitely help cause candida. Your body has a poor ability to break it down while fighting off candida. If you can get buffalo, that is a much better alternative.

alwcm4
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 19

I have deer meat in the freezer, I could use that, I’m using minimal amounts. Also couldn’t find beef broth without yeast extract. Guess I’ll use chicken broth.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Is this recipe Stage 1?’ is closed to new replies.